Getting ahead...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a hirable custodian? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective custodian?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Brent in Bakersfield, California

91 months ago

Your best bet for training would be someone who is in the office building cleaning business.You need to learn how to run floor machines,carpet extractors,general and deep cleaning practices. How to sanitize restrooms etc.How to mix chemicals although most places have metering equipment.In general learn how to follow directions and orders!! Those are a couple things most people I interview do not have so in return they do not get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeffrey allan Vossler in Auburn, Washington

89 months ago

HELLO THERE i NOW WORK FOR THE FEDERALWAY PUBLIC SCHOOLS AS A SUB CUST FOR 2+YEARS I AM SEEKING PERMANENT FULLTIME EMPLOYMENT I AM VERY DEPENDABLE AND I AM A TEAM PLAYER I GET ALONG VERY VERY WELL WITH EVERYONE THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME FOR READING THIS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeffrey allan Vossler in Auburn, Washington

89 months ago

I CAN RUN ALL SCHOOL EQUITMENT VACS BLOWERS HIGHLIFTS FLOOR BUFFERS/STRIPERS ALL TOOLS HAND TO POWER PLUS ANY OTHER MACHENERY THAT IS IN FROM ELEMENTERY TO HIGH SCHOOLS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gene caldwell in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

well i learned my skills in being a good cleaning person at ready,willing and able, program at 1211 bainbridge st.phila,pa
and i have the skills to work any machines nessasary to do ny floor in the world today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.