temp agencies

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Denise in Albany, New York

84 months ago

Temp agencies! are a waste of time. You apply and they call you and waste your time by spending an hour or more testing you and then have nothing to offer you. stay away!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jon Davidson in Kansas City, Missouri

83 months ago

I was looking into the Temp thing myself in KC. I made a call to what I thought was a reputable agency, and a woman played office games with me. I was so frustrated by this. Sorry, I had to vent that myself! This is my only experience with this, I must ad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lashon in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

I total agree with ya'll on that- some poeple like working out of temp agency but me personally they are not for me! I tell my friends all the time I got permament bills and I need a perament job{LOL}

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stacey Compton in Midland, Michigan

81 months ago

Temp agencies canatually keep you from getting hired i had a horrible experience where the company i worked for wanted to hire me direct but the temp agency kept them from hiring me and said if they wanted me that bad they had to buy out my contract for 4k talk about brutal if you wanna work a temp agency fine but always read the fine print cause ultimately they are selling people and thats wrong we all need to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

GJ in Torrance, California

80 months ago

Scumbag Temp co's also routinely advertise non-existent positions with ridiculously high pay to encourage applicants. What the applicants don't know (aside that the job DOES NOT exist) is that
the Temp co will solicit the applicant's past employers for workers.

These temp co's don't give a damn about wasting 3-4 hours of your time - their main interest is having a steady stream of new businesses in which to solicit business.

FRIGGIN' SCUM!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California

80 months ago

Denise in Albany, New York said: Temp agencies! are a waste of time. You apply and they call you and waste your time by spending an hour or more testing you and then have nothing to offer you. stay away!

I totally agree with you. That is the way it is in the Bay Area as well. Once they see your resume posted on one of the numerous job sites, they "claim" they can help you. Went to an interview, perform all the tests well, then NOTHING. Not a single call. Why bother claiming to help us helpless job seekers waste our time going in when we come out empty handed? They should be shut down.

renae in Longmont, Colorado

77 months ago

I also agree, I have been signed up for 5 different temp agencies all claiming that I was highly qualified candidate for each position that I went out on an interview, only to find that when I go to the interview they say that I don't have the right skills that they are looking for!! Does that make any sense? They waste your time by testing you and saying that they have a high paying job that you are the perfect fit and nothing. I have been unemployed for over 7 months and now about ready to give up completely.. I have good references, no felonies,and over 15yrs experience in my field and cannot find a job!!! Good luck to everyone out there, stay away for agencies they are a waste of time and money especially when you don't have the money to spend to find a job because you are unemployed!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RAMON in Alcove, New York

77 months ago

Yeah, these temp agencies can shoot the whole day (or week) for you. I've been chasing this one "job" for 2 weeks now and the lady keeps stringing me along. She claims the position has not been filled yet.

77 months ago

Denise in Albany, New York said: Temp agencies! are a waste of time. You apply and they call you and waste your time by spending an hour or more testing you and then have nothing to offer you. stay away!
I kind of agree with you on that Denise. I'm Ramon from Albany by way of Bklyn, this temp thing is a job in itself just running behing them to see if there is any work. Keep the faith though! It will get better! (I hope):)

77 months ago

RAMON in Alcove, New York said: I kind of agree with you on that Denise. I'm Ramon from Albany by way of Bklyn, this temp thing is a job in itself just running behing them to see if there is any work. Keep the faith though! It will get better! (I hope):)
Why does this say I'm Ramon from Alcove? I don't even know where Alcove is!

Debbie in Lexington, Kentucky

77 months ago

I totally disagree with all of you! You must be going to the wrong temp agencies! Have you tried Manpower? They have been in business for MANY years and are the best temp agency around to work with! They will NOT waste your time! If they do not have a job suitable for you they will not take your application. You can go to www.manpowerjobs.com and see what they actually do have available. Submit your resume (just like you would for Monster) and Manpower will contact you if they have a suitable position. If not, your resume will remain in their database until they do. In addition, they have Direct Hire recruiters who find permanent jobs for people. Give them a try! They are the best! I got my current job through them and I have been very happy. It started out as temp to perm and then I was hired in after 90 days.... I recommend Manpower!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

renae in Longmont, Colorado

77 months ago

I am glad that you had a good experience with Manpower. I too went thru them for my last position and it was a temp to hire also. I worked for that company for over 2yrs but due to rising gas prices the communte was costing too much. I went to them again after my last job and guess what they said they had positions available that I was a good fit for and nothing!!! Now the recruiter from Manpower doesn't return my calls and I haven't heard from them in over 3 months????? I will not give up, however I am not going thru temp agencies to get my next position. To all of you who have had good experiences with temp agencies I applaud you, however there seems to be more negatives than positives!!!

Mesha83 in Atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

Does it matter to temp agencies that you have worked for another temp agency. For example, I worked a job through Spherion for a couple of months. Since then, I have applied with other temp agencies but have had no luck. Is it because I have Spherion on my resume?

Pamela in Oakland, California

77 months ago

renae in Longmont, Colorado said: I also agree, I have been signed up for 5 different temp agencies all claiming that I was highly qualified candidate for each position that I went out on an interview, only to find that when I go to the interview they say that I don't have the right skills that they are looking for!! Does that make any sense? They waste your time by testing you and saying that they have a high paying job that you are the perfect fit and nothing. I have been unemployed for over 7 months and now about ready to give up completely.. I have good references, no felonies,and over 15yrs experience in my field and cannot find a job!!! Good luck to everyone out there, stay away for agencies they are a waste of time and money especially when you don't have the money to spend to find a job because you are unemployed!!!!

Well, I agree. I've been a housewife for the past 5 years, have no recent work references, type 80 wpm, have office-based computer software (recent, too!) knowledge coming out my ears, always test out "expert" on the computer skills tests whenever I do manage to force my way into the agencies' doors, and still, nothing. It's as if the lack of recent work references is the only thing they look at! Agencies are a waste of time, but so is trying to get a full-time or even part-time "real" job! Thinking I'll EVER work again seems to be a total waste of time!

BHeld in Merchantville, New Jersey

76 months ago

Jon Davidson in Kansas City, Missouri said: I was looking into the Temp thing myself in KC. I made a call to what I thought was a reputable agency, and a woman played office games with me. I was so frustrated by this. Sorry, I had to vent that myself! This is my only experience with this, I must ad.

Have you tried Robert Half?( a temp service). Listed across the US. They have specialized divisions.
Very Professional people, reliable sources and a great company to work for, you get the opportunity to work at several companies before you find the one thats right for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.