McIntire Enterprises Inc - Schererville, IN - Not Customer Service Job it's Vaccuum Cleaner Sales!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Anonymous in University Park, Illinois

64 months ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you see a job posting for McIntire Enterprises Inc - Schererville, IN for Customer Service reps.. this is not the job .. it's actually being a vaccuum cleaner salesman. They list the job as Customer Service to get you to apply.. then they call you and tell you that they will tell you more about the job when you come in for the interview.. then you get there and they want you to sell vaccuums.. door to door and what have you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (111) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Schererville, Indiana

29 months ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that this guys info is wrong. This is my 3rd week with the company and ive never had to do any door to door sales. They have a whole staff of telemarketers that set all my appts. for me and i just have to show up and show the customers how it works. I get paid whether customers buy or not. sounds pretty much like customer to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Chicago Heights, Illinois

28 months ago

For this job do you drive your own vehicle and hard far out are they sending you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Andrea in Schererville, Indiana

16 months ago

Wonderful company! I was making over $500 a week and never went door to door. The phone room sets every appointment so you're literally a customer service representative who helps display the product to customers. This company opens the door to many management opportunities, lots of fun contests, and many great people! If you're looking for a reliable job that will open the door to careers and success then this is the one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Darius Barnes in Naperville, Illinois

7 months ago

Do McIntire Enterprises in Sherrillville pay every week or every 2 weeks? How much roughly estimated starting off? Do they have paid training or no?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Merrillville, Indiana

4 months ago

This Company is a joke. Gary McEntire only pays you when he thinks you deserve it. I worked a whole week and payday was Saturday. You think your check would be ready on Saturday right? Nope, he leaves the office early, or has you running around, and then you have to wait 3 or 4 days for him to write you a check. He make incentives for contests, and if you win, he'll say there was a catch, and try to get out of giving you the prize. You don't get paid training, which are 3 days. They have like 4 or 5 people making appointments for you, you go to the house, show them how a vacuum works, if they buy it you get a little bonus, if not then you get paid 20 dollars for the appointment. Oh, and fyi, the vacuum is like 2,000 and no one is gonna pay for that unless they live in st john. Not even then soo... you get 3 appointments a day and only get paid the 20 if you follow thru with the whole demonstration. 60 bucks a day don't sound bad, but when your driving all over and have to eat out, then your pretty much paying for gas. oh, here is The catch:
if you have a canceled appointment, hooray, you just wasted a tank of gas driving from Merrillville to Gary, and then back to Schererville. You don't get paid for cancels or whatever.
There is potential to move up in the company, but you'd have to be a scammer as well.

(half of my paragraph is misspelled, but I am angry typing. Copying and pasting this to all sites so people like me, that were willing to work honestly, don't get lured into this POS.)

PS.
Worked here for about month month and a half, people you work with are great, just not the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.