working at a bank

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Trent in Denver, Colorado

34 months ago

Actually it is. The reasoning behind it is that, you wouldn't be tempted to steal if you knew how to handle money. Plus they want to know you know how to handle your own finances, before they will allow you to handle theirs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stormi

34 months ago

Here in Louisiana, that is not completely true. Most of the larger banks you must pass a credit check completely. But the bank I was employed with asked for an explanation of any gliches on your credit history. They understood that "life" happens. You just have to try your luck and hope for the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ren2smart in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

rocsi in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: is it true you have to good credit to work at a bank?

Yes! For just a customer servie position, a human resource personnel contacte me and stated that if i had 2 or more items in oollections I would not be eligible for the position!!!! I was shocked. The more I fill out job applications they want you to agree with a credit report

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jaimarai in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

Actutally it is not true. I work for J.P. Morgan Chase in their commercial card division and they do not due credit checks. HR informed me they no longer do that, because I asked because my credit wasn't the greatest when I applied. So the answer is no. Take for someone that works for a bank and applied with bad credit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

LOL I meant do not do credit checks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

I meant do not due lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lizzy in newark de in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

28 months ago

I landed a great job with BOA and was denied the position because 35 years ago my backround check showed a "misdemeanor" for shop lifting...really 35 years ago!! that was the only mark on my record....crazy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.