30 YEARS OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AND STILL CAN NOT FIND A JOB

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Marie Battaglia in Wilmington, Delaware

34 months ago

I have a Wonderful Resume and My passion for delivering quality, excellence, and superior service empowers me to present a top flight image of your company. I receive unemployment which covers my house note and car note. I applied for Medical Assistance and was told I make $1.06 to much.Someone please tell me how that is possible. What I receive on unemployment does not pay my electric, gas, water, food,insurance or telephone. I sold everything I own to pay bills and yet I can not get medical because of $1.06. Now I understand why people sell drugs on the streets. So they can eat and pay bills. I don't agree with that, but you work all your life, and put money in the system and you can not get help when you need it. Something is wrong with our country.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal Collins in Sacramento, California

34 months ago

Marie Battaglia in Wilmington, Delaware said: I have a Wonderful Resume and My passion for delivering quality, excellence, and superior service empowers me to present a top flight image of your company. I receive unemployment which covers my house note and car note. I applied for Medical Assistance and was told I make $1.06 to much.Someone please tell me how that is possible. What I receive on unemployment does not pay my electric, gas, water, food,insurance or telephone. I sold everything I own to pay bills and yet I can not get medical because of $1.06. Now I understand why people sell drugs on the streets. So they can eat and pay bills. I don't agree with that, but you work all your life, and put money in the system and you can not get help when you need it. Something is wrong with our country.

I hear ya....I have over 20 years of Customer Service / Management experience and have been out of work for over 1.7 months. I have also lost everything and now out of employment. I apply daily for jobs and seem to be over qualified and no hired due to pay. I guess I go back to freaken minimum wage...really people? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I need help getting a job. One that will pay me for my knowledge and experience.
Crystal

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

maryt4276@aol.com in Danbury, Connecticut

34 months ago

It's a new era. Minimum wage is where it's at. Every job I get I get less and less and less $... Get a job and keep on looking or re-invent yourself. M

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Grace in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

I have been trying to get a Cs job for over a year. I get replies I go to Interviews and then sit andwait forever. My skills are good, everything else is good. What do I have to do lower myself and work at McDonalds. What is going on? I have alot of illnesses in my family not with me. I do not want to apply for welfare, then everybody knows everything and I never did that in my life. This is a very depressing world. Sometimes I wish I could just die and would not have to worry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GLO in Union City, California

32 months ago

Grace in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania said: I have been trying to get a Cs job for over a year. I get replies I go to Interviews and then sit andwait forever. My skills are good, everything else is good. What do I have to do lower myself and work at McDonalds. What is going on? I have alot of illnesses in my family not with me. I do not want to apply for welfare, then everybody knows everything and I never did that in my life. This is a very depressing world. Sometimes I wish I could just die and would not have to worry.

JUST HAVE FAITH THINGS WILL GET BETTER!! GOD WILL NEVER GIVE YOU MORE THAN YOU COULD HANDLE!!

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,

When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,

As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than

It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up
Whe he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out -

The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It might be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GLO in Union City, California

32 months ago

Crystal Collins in Sacramento, California said: I hear ya....I have over 20 years of Customer Service / Management experience and have been out of work for over 1.7 months. I have also lost everything and now out of employment. I apply daily for jobs and seem to be over qualified and no hired due to pay. I guess I go back to freaken minimum wage...really people? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I need help getting a job. One that will pay me for my knowledge and experience.
Crystal

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

carmen in Tampa, Florida

32 months ago

due to the economy being the way it is there are a lot of companies that are taking advantage ..they are paying less and less and make more money for themselves now that they could due to so many people out of work ..that are willing to take anything to survive. It gets worse everyday...i just applied for a job as a Front desk mgr at a Oncology radiation rehabilitation ctr and was told they can pay me $10. to be a mgr so i am suppose to carry out managerial duties and have all the responsibilites for $10hr .I could not believe my ears. i was so disgusted with tears in my eyes all i did was walk out in disbelief

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cmiklos in Stratford, Connecticut

24 months ago

GLO in Union City, California said: When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,

Thank you !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gracet251@aol.com in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

Marie Battaglia in Wilmington, Delaware said: I have a Wonderful Resume and My passion for delivering quality, excellence, and superior service empowers me to present a top flight image of your company. I receive unemployment which covers my house note and car note. I applied for Medical Assistance and was told I make $1.06 to much.Someone please tell me how that is possible. What I receive on unemployment does not pay my electric, gas, water, food , insurance or telephone. I sold everything I own to pay bills and yet I can not get medical because of $1.06. Now I understand why people sell drugs on the streets. So they can eat and pay bills. I don't agree with that, but you work all your life, and put money in the system and you can not get help when you need it. Something is wrong with our country.

I understand what you are saying I have been looking for work for 2 years. Thanks for sharing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

I loved your poem it is realalistic/

SheWolf in Atlanta, Georgia

24 months ago

OK, I realize this will come off snarky, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut. God DOES give you more than you can handle. A LOT.

Here's MY poem ~ this should be read thinking of Dr Seuss ~ on my unemployment ~

I've applied at McDonalds & WalMart & StarBucks & PetSmart
Goodwill, Verizon & Sprint & Kmart

Kaiser & Aetna & Cigna & Coventry!
The insurance world, they do not want me

I know about asthma, diabetes, all kinds of disease!
Employers, employers, wont you hire me please?

Bloomingdales & Macy's & Nordstrom & Saks
I've given them my resume, it's been sent out in stacks

Career Builder, Indeed, Kelly Services & more
They all ignore me, I must be a bore

Employers, employers, wont you hire me please?
My refrigerator is empty & so is my belly.

I'm still working on it, but perhaps it'll give ya'll a laugh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

That was a nice poem it rimed very well and it sounds like the rest of the world, looking for work and feel like I can't breeth.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.