Changing careers can be hard, but you need to look at all aspects of what you did, not just the general descript of your job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

JCjust retiring from law enforcement in Boise, Idaho

81 months ago

When I look at being in Law Enforcement for so many years, I don't just look at arresting people, going to jails/prisons, etc.'; I look at the skills I learned about reading people's body languages, their true compassions, real lies as compared to when they told the truth, etc. I know all of those skills can be untilized into another career. Basically, what I am saying, is look at not only the "skill" you did in your last job, look at the "no so obvious skiils" you learned and the utilize them and add them to your resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JP in North Port, Florida

77 months ago

i recently retired after 27 years in law enforcement. The fine State of Florida does not provide health insurance to their retires so I have to find work just to pay for the insurance. It seems everyone has a closed mind when it comes to ex-cops. Guess we have out lived our purpose. Something will come up though I have faith in that. Don't give up the hope.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Paula Yenglin in Indianapolis, Indiana

73 months ago

I see it wrong when people who choose to serve as law enforcement, firemen etc.,in some cases put their own life on the line to make everyone around them safe has no coverage when they end the job as in retire. What is with this picture. Our government officials certainly are taken well care of during and after leaving! I don't get it. Thanks to all who provide protection and assistance when needed. God Bless..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.