STop wasting Time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 133)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

yuri in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

The only way you can get a job is by having faith on God, go to a Christian Church and look for God more than a job trust me It will change the way you think and the way you feel. Jesus is the answer for your problem!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Mona Dennis in Rock Island, Illinois

78 months ago

I have been un-employed since the second week in April. I put my trust in the lord,He will send the Right job,at the Right time. Patients,is not always easy for me,but I am learning. The Bible says "learn in your youth," I am learning(as Being NEW to un-employment),to be Patient and Be Still AND LISTEN.
PS.I have a little bit to share with others. "I AM THE ONLY ONE,WHO CAN RUIN MY DAY!" I realised,I am the only one,"who can re-acted,to a situation." It is up to me, to accept or chance,what I am face with!
God Bless,to every-one, who receive this message and Have A Great Day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Shelia Estes in Mansfield, Texas

75 months ago

I am really new to unimployment myself out of work since Oct 4th 2008, Everyday I spend at least 3 hr's on the internet
looking and calling around. I am trusting that the Lord will bring will show me the right job for me. But it is really hard to stay at home by myself.
When I really enjoy beimg around people.
I am doing volunteer work at church also.
I ask the Lord to help every day to get me through this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DESIREE RICHARDSON in Baltimore, Maryland

75 months ago

Trusting our faith has a Christian.
Christianity is in everything with do.
Our lives will never change until we change what we do daily.

THE SECRET OF OUR SUCCCESS IS FOUND IN OUR DAILY ROUTINE.

YOU ARE WHAT YOU SO DAILY.
YOU FIRST FORM HABITS;THEN OUR HAVITS FORM US.
iT IS JUST AS EASY FOT FORM HABITS OF SUCCESS AS IT IS TO FORM HABITS OF FAILURE.

Every day in our lives, we are in process of becoming, whom we becoming to be..

MAKE A COMMITMENT TO GROW DAILY.
VALUE THE PROCESS MORE THAN EVENTS.
BE WILLING TO SACRIFICE PLEASURE FOR OPPORTUNITY.

ONE STEP FURTHER
Do more than exist: Live.
Do more than touch: Feel.
Do more than look: Observe.
Do more that hear: Listen.
Do more than read: obsorb.
Do more than listen: Understand.
Do more than think: Reflect.
Do more than just talk: Say something.

DESI RICH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Natasha in Fontana, California

75 months ago

WOW that was a great poem? I loved it! I am a songwriter and thinking using this analogy in a song. What you are saying is VERY true! Thanks for the inspirational words

God Bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

That was very good and so true, Sometimes we have to act and not just re-act and I'm talking more to me than anyone else, because
This past week I have had to make myself get up and do something anything!!
My Momma & Brother-in-law passed away last year Gary was Nov 17th and Momma was the very next day. I find myself asking for help from the Lord more than ever.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kstanley38057@comcast.net in Sellersburg, Indiana

73 months ago

while trust and faith are well and good, i DO believe it is still OLD_FASIONED legwork that actually gets you the jog.
get off your butt and start seriously looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Denver, Colorado

73 months ago

I've been unemployed since November 2008, but the Bible says in Phil. 4:19 " But my God shall supply ALL my need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. So we should always encourgage each other to hang in there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Thanx Steve

I know he'll supply all my needs and he has and still is but I am

still believing that I'll win my appeal this time on my the

unemployment. I have been without anykind of income since Oct 2008

Our savings is running really low! But GOD!!! is still taking care

of us. I am believing that the Lord will give back all that has

been taken from us!!! IN THE NAME OF JESUS!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

kstanley38057@comcast.net in Sellersburg, Indiana said: while trust and faith are well and good, i DO believe it is still OLD_FASIONED legwork that actually gets you the jog.

Dear Indiana

Old fashion leg work is good and I am doing just that!! But you

can go and fill out all the app's you want but if they are not

needing help, your just wasting time that's why looking on the

internet is really awesome. I'm sure what the unemplyment rate is

there but it sucks here sorry for being so blunt!

Debra in Mercersburg, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

Well, I've read all of your replies and I am in the same vicious, circle you are all in. It is very hard for everyone, I know, I've been searching on Career Builders and some of the replies are for jobs two and three hours one way! It is in my profile where I live and the nearest cities, Hagerstown and Chambersburg. And I am on the internet sometimes three to five hours a day plus on the road, mailing resumes and I haven't got one call! But like you all said, I guess when the right one comes you'll get the call, but when your savings is low and you don't have it to pay the next months bills, you start to panic. I prayed this morning for the Good Lord to guide me through this. I just started going back to church three weeks ago and I cried because I didn't realize how close the Lord was because I felt the spirit, but at the same time I still feel a little loss, so I just have to keep "Keeping The Faith".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Hey Debra

Hang in there I have to admit today was hard I normally am a very

up beat person. But today I wanted to cry!! But I did not!! Thank

you JESUS!!! I want a job and most of them are far away or they

want Bilingual and I'm not...

Driving in Dallas is crazy!! Fort Worth is not so bad I guess

because I know better...

Take care!!!

73 months ago

Thanks Shelia for the words of encouragement, sometimes I think I'm all alone in this world, my husband is away till November and I am the only source of income right now to keep the homestead together. I'm going to keep praying and hope that the Lord is listening to me and good things will come. I'll pray for you too.

Take care and God Bless
Debra

73 months ago

Steve in Denver, Colorado said: I've been unemployed since November 2008, but the Bible says in Phil. 4:19 " But my God shall supply ALL my need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. So we should always encourgage each other to hang in there.

Thank you Steve, and you are right, we all need to hang in there and pray for each other even though we are strangers to each other we all have something in common, we all believe in the Higher Power, The Lord Jesus Himself!

Debra

73 months ago

Thank so much Debra!!

And I'll keep lifting you and everyone else up also.

My Daughter was so down yesterday because they cut thier overtime

out. I told her to be glad she has a job, because people are

cutting back wherever they can, She could be like me and many

other people right now.. All my friends that have jobs right now

can't really relate to me right now, not even some of my

brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus.

Take care!!! and Blessings on you and yours

Shelia E.

73 months ago

Hey Guys

Maybe it's just me but I want to believe that all of us will

start having praise reports to share!!!

In the name Jesus!!!! Amen........

73 months ago

Hey Shelia:
Thank you so much for the"pick me up"! I was visiting my husband today and I told him about how I was on the net last night and came across this forum and I got feed back and that has never happened to me! I got all excited and I felt so good and it gave me such a pick me up, then when I got home today I got on the net and checked my email and you were there!! Thank you so much for replying to me because right now it is a very lonely time. I feel that you are a God Send to me and there is a reason for things to happen. My middle daughter just enrolled in college yesterday and she has a two year old daughter and no income, but she is doing the best thing she could have ever done! She is going for Phlebotomy and I can picture her doing this because of her disposition and her caring ways. She is a very loving girl but she is having a hard time believing in the Higher Power, but I told her I've been there and I know you do question it, but don't try to do it all on your own because it took me forty-two years to start to open up and it is a slow process but I do believe!! It is just nice to know there are people like you out there to give that boost of confidence!! If you would like to chat one on one my email is "topaz2166@hotmail.com. I welcome any suggestions you have or just a good word. Thank you Texas!!(By the way, when I was ten years old I lived in Brownsville for about three months till we moved back to my home state of PA.) Take care and God Bless you and you are in my prayers.

Debra

73 months ago

unemploymentangel in Ohio said: PROTECT YOUR FAMILY TODAY! www.unemploymentangel.com

• The average weekly state unemployment benefit is $299 – significantly less than most U.S. households’ weekly expenses.
• 66% of loan delinquencies and foreclosures are caused by unemployment or disability Freddie Mac 2006 -
• 22% of families with dependent children admit they will have immediate trouble meeting everyday living expenses, and another 26% can cover expenses for only a few months if a primary wage earner dies. LIMRA Study 2007
• Over 70% of working Americans do not have enough savings to meet short-term emergencies National Investment Watch Survey, A.G. Edwards Inc. 2004
• 44% of U.S. families spend more than they earn Federal Reserve Board, Survey of Consumer Finances 2004

You know the statistics are right, but now we are in a recession and the first since the 1930's. Ya, it is bad, but hopefully with our new President he'll come up with some idea to get us out of this. But it isn't souly up to him, he came into a mess that Bush created and now it is up to him to clean the mess up. It is up to our generation to stand behind what we believe in and I seriously think that Obama is right there with us. He is part of our generation, (80's-90's)so he had to grow up like us, seeing the struggles our parents went through. We need to just have faith in him and our Lord, I do believe it will get better, it has to. The old saying goes "things get worse before they get better". We all need to just hang in there. God Bless all of you who are struggling just as I am. Believe me, I pray every day!

Debra

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

73 months ago

Well, I keep praying to God to help me get a job. So far he hasn't. On the other hand, I still have my house. My bankruptcy should be finaled February 18th, then I will ask Countrywide to lower my mortgage for six months.

73 months ago

Well Mary, I just went off on an employer who did not even consider my resume for a position that I was more than qualified for sooooo, I told him good luck because evidently he needs a write off so to speak. You know what, maybe everyone should get off of there butts instead of powting about there misfortunes!! You are not the only ones going through hard times!!! Why can't there be a national prayer for the unemployed and stop giving the immigrants their day and start realizing their own people need jobs!! It's all about having face!! Anything to make the good ole USA look good when their own is suffering!! Well' you know what? I feel sorry for all of the ones that are on their little pedastools, because eventually they will fall off.

73 months ago

Oh yeah, by the way Mary, it isn't up to God to get you a job, you need to give some initiative to do some foot work. It does take alot of prayer, you have to believe while you are praying!!

72 months ago

Hey Mary

Keep looking!! dont give up I haven't. So the unemployment sucks in Florida too!! HUH??
Sorry to be so blunt It's not any better here.
So hang in there and keep looking!!

kizzycasime@aol.com

72 months ago

kstanley38057@comcast.net in Sellersburg, Indiana said: while trust and faith are well and good, i DO believe it is still OLD_FASIONED legwork that actually gets you the jog.

Hi there,

I agree. Faith without work (getting off of your butt) is dead.
They fired me on my job Nov. 4,08 - I brought a food truck and HIRED myself. It is taking time getting all of the paperwork together to make the business legal. I will sweat for myself. This is the first job that ever fired me and I'm 54 years old. I believe in God and I know that God believes in me and is guiding me though the tough times that many Americans are facing. Le'Nora

72 months ago

We need to be realistic. Our economy has been crumbling for a very very very long time. If we pray for anything, it should be to keep ourselves afloat during this situation. Job los is hitting every sector of America. It's almost impossible to get a job, even a part time one (which I am willing to do at nights to supplement substitute teaching).

sarah in Tampa, Florida

72 months ago

susan it takes a few weeks to process you'll get it.

enlyten in Kingfisher, Oklahoma

72 months ago

mary is sarah, kate and susan.... She does not no what she is talking about....

72 months ago

No. Mary is Mary in Tampa. I have no idea who Kate and Susan are. I am 50 years old, live in Tampa, Florida. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, an AA in Court Reporting and an AA in Paralegal Studies. I have been employed in the legal field since 1981. I got teacher certification last year (English 6-12), but no job. I just recently took elementary education and am waiting for the results. I am practicing my shorthand so I can go back to court reporting. (It takes incredible skill, the market is not saturated, plush work environment, and in two months of working I can have money in the bank). I happened to stumble across this blog while trying to entertain myself.

All I can see of you is trying to sell people some product which they really have no need for. Selling crap on the Internet is truly the new breed of the traveling medicine man.

Sorry, Enlyten, but I find you to be a real scammer and turnoff. But I want to hear all about your degree in Sports Medicine.

72 months ago

Actually there is a great need for Enlyten. And I think you need to wake up about me selling my business on the internet. Its Called web 2.0... But are you not selling to0!! I mean you are selling yourself trying to get a job...That is the only reason you are putting up all your credentials. If your not then man you have issues...

72 months ago

You have a point, yes, I am trying to sell myself - when I go on a job interview. Not here. My credentials are on here because YOU accused me of being three people. I am not.

Enlyten, if you want to sell your product, go do it in an environment where it doesn't come across as you trying to scam people who are job shopping. This blog was started by someone regarding putting your faith in God to find a job. You come on here trying to sell people Enlyten.

Enlyten, this will be our last chat. I will not comment on you saying I have issues.

72 months ago

OOOH so I am not suppose to stick up for myself when you say I am scamming someone.. You have send a number of times I am scamming someone which I am NOT... You do have issues if you are going to respond to everyone of my post with your nonsense and say I am scamming. Please tell me how I am scamming someone...
Lets see..
I never asked for money from ANYONE
I have offered free samples of my product
I have told the benefits of enlyten
It is a home based business and yes you do have to spend money up front but that is for product that you use,sell or sample...
I will answer any and all questions on enlyten.

So Mary where is it that I am scamming... And you don't have to give me your credentials again..I get it you are an unemployed court reporter with a bachelors degree, ten years doing medical depositions, two terms of medical terminology, took anatomy, took another course on nutrition. I have a four year degree. WE GET IT

72 months ago

This was way too easy. Here is a cut and paste of what you have said. All I had to do was a search. I have to admit, you care about your product. But try to sell it somewhere where people are not job shopping. That is what I am saying. I have a very strong feeling you get a referral bonus for everyone you get to join besides the commission you get for selling the product. You have also been incredibly RUDE to people.
You should check out enlyten... We just launched Jan9th and it is growing fast... Whatever you choose please make sure you do your research due to the fact that there are a lot of people trying to scam you on these boards. I believe in my product that is why I love to talk about it.. Good luck with whatever you choose.
www.enlyten.com/richie
Right now is not the time to get into the freight business....There are already to many agents as there is.... I have been an agent for the past three years and it has gotten tougher and tougher. Rates are down warehouses are shutting down. I am looking forward to getting out of this business soon. I have just come across a new and exciting way to make a residual income and not have to rely on freight or fuel cost....If you would like to know more just let me know. Save the money and take a different route i can show you and guide you the whole way through..

cont

72 months ago

cont
What is the problem with enlyten?? This is the next big MLM and I am trying to get people in at the top with a company that just launched....It has the best pay structure out there... People at the bottom can make more than the people at the top...

I would be willing to help...But this industry is getting so bad with so many new agents trying to get on board. I am an agent right now and have been for 4 years but it has been tough. I am right now looking to get out and I started with a network marketing company just launched in Tulsa. It is my hopes that this is my key to get out of the logistics market. But if you need any help or advice just let me know...

www.enlyten.com/richie take a look we are having a web seminar today at 7:30pm ct.
Thanks
can tell you right now that 99% who join do not lose money. Look it is obvious that you are trying to promote your mlm truth sight but lies are not the way to do it. If you think mlms are bad that is fine and your opinion but calling it a scam or saying they are designed to get all your money is complete bull.

72 months ago

And what is your point....Again please tell me how I am scamming anyone..

72 months ago

If I was scamming anyone I would not have a profile for people to look at all my post or put my phone number and email out there as well... "I have a very strong feeling you get a referral bonus for everyone you get to join besides the commission you get for selling the product." Yes I do and again what is your point. Don't salesmen at car lots make a commission whey you buy a car from them. I have not been rude to one single person on here unless they were rude first. Case in point you and the few others. But thanks for the copy and paste because I don' see me being rude in any of the those....

72 months ago

Just a suggestion, if you want to sell your product - then don't be rude to anybody.

72 months ago

Mary where was I rude or scamming? You have yet to answer me? If you are going to slander me by saying I am scamming then yes I will be rude. But I have not been rude..

Shelia E. in Dallas, Texas

72 months ago

Your right Mary,

I guess we all need to keep our in Faith in Christ Jesus!!!
I know some people do not want to hear that but!!!
he's there for us we have just got to hang on!!!

72 months ago

Hey there Texas!! Amen to that reply, I was reading the back and forth that Mary and enlyten were doing and I have to admit that everyone has to do what they need to do to survive right now. Hey, I just took a job in a deli part time because it's something, and better than nothing, so I just have to come up with another part time job and I have to deal with it till something better comes along that I am trained to do, I just keep praying and live day to day. By the way thanks for the email you sent the other day, it was nice to hear from you.

72 months ago

Hey everyone, I just got a call from a solicitor for organ donors and I told the man that I am unemployed I can barely pay the bills and he still pretty much insisted that they have a twenty dollar donation fee for me to send to him and I told him "look, I just told you I don't have the money" he still kept running off at the mouth and I thanked him for calling and hung up on him. That is what I don't understand is when they can't take no for an answer and what part of unemployed don't they understand!!

72 months ago

Debra in Mercersburg, Pennsylvania said: Hey there Texas!! Amen to that reply, I was reading the back and forth that Mary and enlyten were doing and I have to admit that everyone has to do what they need to do to survive right now. Hey, I just took a job in a deli part time because it's something, and better than nothing, so I just have to come up with another part time job and I have to deal with it till something better comes along that I am trained to do, I just keep praying and live day to day. By the way thanks for the email you sent the other day, it was nice to hear from you.

See if you can do substitute teaching during the day. It's $10.00 an hour. Drop your phone service and get a MagicJack.
Go to www.magicjack.com. (no, I do not get a commission).

72 months ago

Hey Mary, What is your problem anyway? Everyone out there just like you are struggling and not everyone has a degree but the way things are now every individual is trying to make the best of it, so instead of being so negative and lashing out at everyone look in the mirror and take a good long look, negativety won't get you anywhere and if you are out there interviewing for jobs don't let the employer see that negative attitude, because it won't get you that job. I don't mean to be so straight forward but hey, from what I've been reading from your replies your not going to get anywhere with your put downs.

72 months ago

Debra, I have no idea what you're talking about.

As for Enlyten, nobody here needs to buy someone else's product and contribute to someone else having less money. I see absolutely zero need for Enlyten and (considering my educational background), I personally consider it a worthless product for the majority of people. I'm sure it has use for athletes, but not one of us has money to waste on that product.

As for you, you said you got a part time at a deli. That's nice. If it's nights, or not a Monday - Friday job, very kindly suggested you see about substitute teaching. It is a possibility.

As for negativity, I have no idea what you're talking about. If I see someone tauting a product, trying to sell (or scam, or whatever) on someone else, yes, I will say something.

As for the God bit, I don't go to church. I believe people's spritual beliefs are personal and no one has the right to infringe upon them. When people on the street ask to talk God to me, I say no and keep walking.

So, I guess that's my probem. Good luck with your deli job.

72 months ago

O.K. Mary: You are entitle to your opinion and as far as my part time job it is day, nights and weekends and I am trying my best just to get my bills paid and noone is trying to shove God in your face, believe me a year ago I would be the one to say "go to hell, I don't want to hear it" but I had to look out for something positive in my life and I finally found it so please don't knock someone who is just trying to be on your side and try to give you positive feed back. We are here to try and support each other not put down each others efforts to make a living and as far as the teaching thing why don't you consider checking in with your local educational centers and put your resume in and there are ways to make people look and listen. Get there attention Mary, if you have these crudentials then utilize them I am sure something will work out for you. Believe me, I get down in the dumps too but I'm not going to let it get the best of me. By the way, I'm praying for you!

72 months ago

P.S. As for the magicjack, it is a phone system. It works off your computer. You pay the cost of the magicjack (about $40.00). There is a yearly fee, $20.00. You order it, pay the money. When you get it, plug it into the USB of your computer. Then plug in your phone. For $20.00 a year, you get a phone number for life, can make long distance and local calls. It also has a 911 feature. It also has caller ID and voicemail. I have one. I like it.

I suggested it because it is useful and you can do away with your regular phone bill. Since I suggested it, I don't want anyone thinking I suggested it because I am getting a commission. It was just a nice FRIENDLY suggestion. So that's my problem too.

72 months ago

Thanks Mary for the info, but I seen the ad for it a few weeks back, but what I did I combined my cable, phone and internet with my cable company and boy did they ever get over on me! So I'm locked in for a year contract. Anyway, look, I do hope things do look up for you. Noone is trying to put you down, o.k. Just hang in there just like the rest of us and something will pan out for you just like for the rest of us. And ignore the negative feed back you get. Yea, everyone is entitled to their opinions but that is all they are, opinions. Sooo, good luck in your endeavors.

Debra

72 months ago

Actually, considering how others are doing, I'm doing fairly decent. My house payment is $850.00. I filed for bankruptcy - so debt be gone. I should have my final paperwork in a few weeks. I got a roommate - $400.00 a month. I will get another deferment on my student loans. So I have the basics, electric, cable, water, 1/2 house payment. I am doing substitute teaching. I am working on my shorthand. Considering I haven't touched it in twenty years, in only two weeks I am at 140 Literary and 180 Q&A. I ordered new practice tapes. When I feel compfortable with 160 Literary and 200 Q&A then I will look for a court reporting job. All I need to do is buy a computer writer and software.

I have already been in contact with NCRA. I know there is not a lot of court reporters, so the market for court reporters is very good. So actually, I'm quite optimistic.

72 months ago

Hey Mary!! You see, there it is, you have the confidence!!! That is wonderful. All I have is Medical Assisting/Receptionist and I have applied on Career Builders for the past six weeks and not one reply but I'm not giving up!!! Sometimes I start to wander if they are bogus because I have applied to over a hundred jobs and have not got feedback and my oldest daughter has a boyfriend who was in prison and has a felony and he got feedback from the same place I am applying through. Soooo, go figure! Oh well, I guess we all just have to keep trying, huh? Anyway, Really, I do wish you all the luck and forgive me if I came across to strong, that was not intended, we just all need to go with the flow and evidently this forum is for morallity and just to give each other a boost, not to cut each other down for our efforts, so anyway, good luck, really, I mean it!! I wish I did have a teaching degree, up here in PA they are in demand for teachers. Anyway Mary, Good luck and God Bless.

Debra

72 months ago

Those job ads are bogus. On the paralegal forums we have been discussing them for months. One paralegal applied for 3000 of those ads in one year - no job. A bud in Tampa has applied to every craigslist ad (Tampa and St. Pete) and the Career Builder ads - no job. Most of them are placed by agencies so they have a good supply of candidates if they get a corporate client. Look through the other forums for more info. A lot are placed by schools. Have you realized every time you apply somewhere a school ad comes up. Then your e-mail box gets bombarded with junk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Texas Downsizings in Frisco, Texas

72 months ago

Row for the shore....... tryvindale.com/VMs7tRL3p

In regard to Yuri in Houston msg say "The only way you can get a job is by having faith on God, go to a Christian Church and look for God more than a job trust me It will change the way you think and the way you feel. Jesus is the answer for your problem!"

God also expects you to believe but to 'Row for the Shore'

He gives you a brain so that you can use it... not just sit and pray.

Wish you well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

You go girl!!!

Thank you Jesus for the praise reports!!!
Thats awesome!!!!

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.