In desperate need of work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

StarlingChild in Bay City, Michigan

78 months ago

If anyone can offer assitance i need it very much, i am a 29 year old female with no hs diploma or equivalent and i do not drive my husband and i are going through a divorce that once its final i have no money nor place to live i have been job searching for months now with no luck and i need to get my act together before i wind up homeless i am willing to take any job but at bare min it has to pay min wage and be as claose to if not 40 hrs a week as possible. i have a max of 4- 6 mos before my divorce will be final and ill be out. I have a decent amount of work experience maily in hospitality, and customer service. Anyone that can offer advice or that has leads i would so much appreciate it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marcia in Trenton, New Jersey

78 months ago

go to your county college and get your GED, then enroll in nursing school. You can get a license in about 2 years and make a great living.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

StarlingChild in Bay City, Michigan

78 months ago

marcia in Trenton, New Jersey said: go to your county college and get your GED, then enroll in nursing school. You can get a license in about 2 years and make a great living.

I just started online courses to get my high school diploma of course it still comes with a price and after i can accomplish that i will be taking online courses to become a paralegal but my biggest thing righ now is i have to have a job my soon to be ex is paying for nothing his money will be his mine will be mine but i cant go to school or get my ged or anything without an income

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paula L in Soquel, California

78 months ago

Why don't you try getting a student loan. That could cover you until you are finished with school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Diamond in Anaheim, California

77 months ago

I just had a baby Feb. 22 and I am no longer attending school for my high school diploma but I want to go back next year! I am looking for a job that can help me support my child and I so we can move out of my mothers house and support myself and child. I also need a pretty good paying job full time or part time so I can pay rent and buy gas.

Sulynn in Manchester, New Hampshire

77 months ago

StarlingChild in Bay City, Michigan said: I just started online courses to get my high school diploma of course it still comes with a price and after i can accomplish that i will be taking online courses to become a paralegal but my biggest thing righ now is i have to have a job my soon to be ex is paying for nothing his money will be his mine will be mine but i cant go to school or get my ged or anything without an income

Yes, you CAN get your GED without an income. Go to your state's unemployment office (check the yellow or white pages under Employment section) and tell them your story. They'd rather help you get your GED and some entry-level vocational training toward a job than to have you soaking up the welfare cofers indefinitely. You're young, employers look for that, but they also look for someone who's motivated to help themselves. This should be easy for you now - but it will only get harder the longer you sit idle with indecision, worrying about what to do.

Vincent in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

StarlingChild in Bay City, Michigan said: If anyone can offer assitance i need it very much, i am a 29 year old female with no hs diploma or equivalent and i do not drive my husband and i are going through a divorce that once its final i have no money nor place to live i have been job searching for months now with no luck and i need to get my act together before i wind up homeless i am willing to take any job but at bare min it has to pay min wage and be as claose to if not 40 hrs a week as possible. i have a max of 4- 6 mos before my divorce will be final and ill be out. I have a decent amount of work experience maily in hospitality, and customer service. Anyone that can offer advice or that has leads i would so much appreciate it

There many work at home opportunities. You just simply have to look up work from home. Some are scams, but there truly some that are legit, because a great deal of companies are now out sourcing/in sourcing. You have to filter them out. You can also try child care in your home. Most couties allow you to do this by taking an eight hour course. Visit your local community development center, church, or you local library, which is a great community resource to view agencies that can help you find jobs, training, and housing if it comes to that.

i hope things work out for you.

Carolyn in Harleysville, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

I am very sorry to hear about your situation but who ever that person was that trivalized nursing and gave you that bad advice needs to shut her big mouth!! I have been a nurse for 23 years and am currently in school finishing my masters degree. Every lost soul looks in the paper and see nursing and salaries starting in the $50's and thinks - yes! Wait until you get vomit in your hair or liquid poop in your eye
(both of these things happened to me plus a thousand other events just like this). Get yourself a good waitressing job ( this is how I put myself through college) and figure out what you need to do. I went through the same thing - divorce and no money. Today, you do not need to be a nurse. There are so many more opportunities. I think going into the Navy is an excellant idea!!! You will not be in Iraq and you will have a wealth of opportunities. For God sake do not go out and get remarried or hook up with some other loser. And for God sake, do not go to nursing school. Carolyn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.