Interviewed, asked for another position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Dusto in San Diego, California

29 months ago

Hello, I was interviewed for a internet sales company as a customer service rep. They wanted to pay way under what was acceptable, and between the time I spoke to the recruiter on Monday (3/26) and the interview on Wednesday (3/28), I found another position tat better fit my requirements. So during the interview, after attempt at salary negotitaions which failed, I told the recruiter "with all due respect, the pay is way under what I am qualified for. Then I told the recruiter about the other position on the "careers" website. She then told me that a "corporate recruiter" handled these positions. Still at the first interview, I then spoke with the person who was supposed to interview me for the customer service position. He was someone I knew from an old Job, he is now the CS Supervisor there. After our talk, he said he would have no problem recommending for the job I desire.

My question is, since the position i want is something else that what I was interviewed for, is it appropriate to call and ask to speak to someone about that position? Or what would you do? I want to call, tomorrow 4/4, as that is one week after our first meeting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.