employment wanted

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Merle Harris in Parkersburg, West Virginia

77 months ago

I am looking for work in the parkersburg WV area. I was last employed as a welder/electrician. I can operate heavy equipment ie: back hoe, loader, small cranes, track hoe, fork truck,acetylene torch, grinders, various other hand tools. I have been on both sides of the desk was in managment for 5 years. I build and repair computers for a hobby. I can trouble shoot hardware and software computer problems. I recently contacted a temp services company but after reading the comments on here, I don't think that is an avenue I will persue. I would appreciate all constuctive comments on my predicament.
thanking you in advance
Merle M. Harris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Di in Wilmington, Ohio

77 months ago

Merle, not sure if you've been introduced to Job.com or not but, with your past experience in various fields, you'd have no problem getting all kinds of leads for various positions. First, list all past experiences, then decide which ones you'd really like to pursue. Than start processing your resume or you can even hire someone from Job.com to do it for you, then post it on Job.com. Once you join Job.com they send you jobs, per your request and scopes of work daily. I would sit down every night and research the ones I was interested in. Then,I submit my resume directly to the employer and also the headhunters (which are also working for these same employers). Within 3 mos. I had the position at Athem Blue Cross/Blue Shield I dreamed of. Only on my 2nd week there and I truly don't believe I'd be there had it not been for Job.com.

Sincerely, Di in Wilmington, OH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.