EFDA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 442)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Felish in Crown Point, Indiana

81 months ago

Indiana is a big EFDA area. NW Indiana pay range is $16-$24hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Felish in Crown Point, Indiana

81 months ago

I'm not sure if they're hiring but you could drop a resume at Advanced Dental Concepts of Winfield and also I think there may be a new Dr. starting in Winfield (Crown Point)soon so he may be looking for employees. He is currently in Demotte Dr.Shields.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

109 efda in Milford Square, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

efda101 in phila, Pennsylvania said: Where are all the efda's at. I have over 23 yrs in the game in phila, wondering what other states have this specialty and what are the salary ranges

I have been doing this for 14 yrs and assisting for 25. It all depends on the office. My hourly rate is LOW 20's. It is unbelievable to me it is that little. The money this ofice is saving off of me is going into the office managers pocket!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Mercy in Crown Point, Indiana

81 months ago

109 efda in Milford Square, Pennsylvania said: I have been doing this for 14 yrs and assisting for 25. It all depends on the office. My hourly rate is LOW 20's. It is unbelievable to me it is that little. The money this ofice is saving off of me is going into the office managers pocket!

You have been in this field for a long time so I know how you feel but think of it like this; Hygienists pay starts around $30 per hour. They can't pay us what they pay them it would't be fair. To be earning low 20's per hour like you said is a pretty decent salary expecially if you're working 40 hours a week. Cheer up !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mindykoz in Lowell, Indiana

78 months ago

Hi, I'm finishing my pre-req's, hoping to be accepted in Fall '09 into my Dental Hygiene program. My concern is, do any dental offices in NW Indiana hire full-time hygienists and pay health insurance? If I have to pay my own premiums, will I make enough to offset these costs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sabrina in San Diego, California

77 months ago

San Diego's pay range for EF's is $24-28/hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

loren in Browns Mills, New Jersey

77 months ago

could anybody tell me how much do they pay in New Jersey for a CDA/RDA?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lora in San Diego, California

77 months ago

Hi!
Do you mean Extended or Expanded function?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

loren in Browns Mills, New Jersey

77 months ago

I mean expanded functions. Thank you

Lora in San Diego, California

77 months ago

loren in Browns Mills, New Jersey said: I mean expanded functions. Thank you

Sorry loren. I don't know about salary range for RDA's in New Jersey. I asked what the girls meant saying EFDA.
Sabrina mentioned EF's salary in San Diego where I am from. I wonder if she said about Expanded or Extended functions dental assistants.
I am a RDA with 1 year of experience. My salary is not even close to 24-28$ per hour.

Loren in Stratford, New Jersey

77 months ago

Hello Lora! I just want to say thank you for your reply. Have a nice one

Lorena

kc in East Brunswick, New Jersey

77 months ago

I work in PA, as an EFDA , and I make $30, so...I really think it depends on where u get the job! I would never settle for less! I work my butt off!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Loren in Gibbsboro, New Jersey

77 months ago

kc in East Brunswick, New Jersey said: I work in PA, as an EFDA , and I make $30, so...I really think it depends on where u get the job! I would never settle for less! I work my butt off!!!!

Hello! You really make good money over ther. What is it that you do so they pay very good? if I can ask that question. Thanks

kc in East Brunswick, New Jersey

76 months ago

I went to Harcum Jr college, in PA, and got my expanded functions dental assisting degree back in 2001. NJ doesnt have it/recognize that degree. Only 17 states(i think) do. PA being 1 of them. I place all the fillings(composites, Amalgams and sedative restorations), make temp crowns and bridges, bleaching trays, ocasionally in office beaching, and all regular asst duties as well....
The pay is way better than a regular asst!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Woodbridge, Virginia

76 months ago

kc in East Brunswick, New Jersey said: I went to Harcum Jr college, in PA, and got my expanded functions dental assisting degree back in 2001. NJ doesnt have it/recognize that degree. Only 17 states(i think) do. PA being 1 of them. I place all the fillings(composites, Amalgams and sedative restorations), make temp crowns and bridges, bleaching trays, ocasionally in office beaching, and all regular asst duties as well....

wow...that is a very good pay, wat part of PA do u in? can i asked that question, and does experience comes with the pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KC in East Brunswick, New Jersey

76 months ago

Linda in Woodbridge, Virginia said: wow...that is a very good pay, wat part of PA do u in? can i asked that question, and does experience comes with the pay?

I work in Bucks County, PA. I started out at $17/hr and continued to climb the ladder of pay. The more skilled you are, and the more you bring to the office you work in...all that makes you more valuable. So, take all that into consideration for what one gets paid.

Lene in Crown Point, Indiana

76 months ago

kc in East Brunswick, New Jersey said: I went to Harcum Jr college, in PA, and got my expanded functions dental assisting degree back in 2001. NJ doesnt have it/recognize that degree. Only 17 states(i think) do. PA being 1 of them. I place all the fillings(composites, Amalgams and sedative restorations), make temp crowns and bridges, bleaching trays, ocasionally in office beaching, and all regular asst duties as well....

Does an EFDA have to take extra classes than a regular asst? I am in need of a new dentist and thought that I would only go to one that places his own fillings. I called my friend's dentist and the secretary said that he has an EFDA and does not do any of the fillings himself. You being an EFDA, how would you choose a dentist?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

felish in Crown Point, Indiana

76 months ago

I am EFDA and in my office we have 2 doctors and 5 full time EFDA's! The Dr's do not place any of the resins, amalgams, temporary crown and bridges ect. We EFDA's are placing resins all day every day and I think that we are more detail oriented and place them more often so I personally feel that I would rather have an EXPERIENCED EFDA (by experienced I mean has been expaned for more that 2 years) place my restorations...It's their specialty.
You do have to have in Indiana atleast 2 years full time clinical experiance as an assistant to even qualify to take the expanded functions courses and in my case I had to then test in and right off the bat alot of assistants were eliminated from even taking the course.
To be honest, in my state I think that most offices if not already have EFDA's they are goaling toward it unless they are extremely old school. The Dr's are able to be more productive and are confident in and trust their EFDA's to leave a good impression on their patients under the Dr's/Practices name.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lene in Crown Point, Indiana

76 months ago

Thanks Felish for answering my questions. I appreciate it.

maria in Media, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

I have been a Clinical Dental Asst for over 9 years making $21 hr. What I want to know is how much efda's make in Pennsylvania.

tiffany in Elizabethtown, Kentucky

75 months ago

i am going to ATA collage in louisville KY i will get my EDDA at the end of the course but i will have to find a ASST. job first. My start out pay in louisville will be $18 but one hour away i E-town it drops to $16. i am taking a ten month course it pays for the edda to. I was wondering if i got coranel polishing certificate would it increase my pay??? Also i will get X-ray certification. I was also wandering if it will be hard to find a job????

D.A 19082 in Wallingford, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

I am a Dental Assistant now put looking forward to becomming a EFDA. I wanted to know what is the best school to go to.

75 months ago

I lived near Quakertown when I went to school for EFDA. I went to Harcum Jr College, and I loved the teachers and the program. I would reccomend it. Im not sure where you live. It is near Villanova College. There is also Manor College. I think that is in Jenkentown.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dana Scully in Eugene, Oregon

75 months ago

Most dental assistants in Oregon are EFDAs, too. You are certified in Expanded Functions, as well as all other state certifications, upon completion of school. EFDAs make about $40,000 annually on average.

Brandi in Franklin, Indiana

75 months ago

Felish in Crown Point, Indiana said: Indiana is a big EFDA area. NW Indiana pay range is $16-$24hr.

This is nice to know. I live on the south side of indy and i fought with the doctor on how much i should be making as an EFDA and i finally got $15 per hour after working with her for 5 years. she always told me that we dont make that much and she couldn't afford it

BrandiLK in Whiteland, Indiana

75 months ago

I'VE BEEN AN EFDA FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS AND IN DENTISTRY FOR 5. I RECENTLY HAD MY SECOND DAUGHTER AND I'M NO LONGER WORKING. I PLAN ON TAKING A FEW YEARS TO RAISE MY FAMILY. MY QUESTION IS...WHAT IS MY BEST BET AND WHAT DO I NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO KEEP MY CERTIFICATES UP?? I HAVE MY EFDA CERTIFICATE AND MY RADIOLOGY LICENSE. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE EVERYTHING I WORKED SO HARD TO GET!

felish in Valparaiso, Indiana

75 months ago

I WOULD RECOMEND TAKING SOME ONLINE OR CORRESPONDANCE COURSED THROUGH THE ADAA OR THE DANB.....THEY HAVE ALOT OF SHORT COUSES THAT IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE ADAA ARE INEXPENSIVE ($20-$40) A PIECE AND YOU CAN DO FROM HOME. THIS IS A GOOD WAY TO KEEP UP ON CREDITS AND SO THAT YOUR NEXT RESUME ISN'T BLANK FOR THE YEAR OR TWO YOU ARE AT HOME.

abby in Portland, Oregon

75 months ago

I have been a dental assistant for 2 years. I have based my basic and have my radiology licence. How do I get my EFDA and EFODA? I went to a small town college that wasn't accredited and jobs are impossible to find without those certificates. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Missy in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

I've been a Dental Assistant for 3 yrs now in NE Philly. I'm only making $14 an hr. Is that about right? Is EFDA alot more? Considering going for it!

Rebecca in Wilmington, Delaware

75 months ago

Mercy in Crown Point, Indiana said: You have been in this field for a long time so I know how you feel but think of it like this; Hygienists pay starts around $30 per hour. They can't pay us what they pay them it would't be fair. To be earning low 20's per hour like you said is a pretty decent salary expecially if you're working 40 hours a week. Cheer up !

Expcially when we do all the work

CDK in Graham, Washington

74 months ago

I am from PA, just visiting in WA. I recently worked in the "MAin Line" section and was making 26.50/hr. Moved out to the Pottstown area and took a paycut to 25 so I wouldn't have to drive an hour to work each day. I have been an EFDA since 2000 and a DA since 1985. I went to Harcum and have to do 10 hours of continuing ed each year to keep the my license. 12 hours each year to keep my CDA certificate. Well worth it since I was making 15/hr before becoming an EFDA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

CDK in Graham, Washington said: I am from PA, just visiting in WA. I recently worked in the "MAin Line" section and was making 26.50/hr. Moved out to the Pottstown area and took a paycut to 25 so I wouldn't have to drive an hour to work each day. I have been an EFDA since 2000 and a DA since 1985. I went to Harcum and have to do 10 hours of continuing ed each year to keep the my license. 12 hours each year to keep my CDA certificate. Well worth it since I was making 15/hr before becoming an EFDA

I was told that EDFA make in main line area no less than $27.00hr even if you just come out of school is that true. I was thinking of going to school Harcom for EFDA Classes in Jan 2009.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

maria in Media, Pennsylvania said: I was told that EDFA make in main line area no less than $27.00hr even if you just come out of school is that true. I was thinking of going to school Harcom for EFDA Classes in Jan 2009.

Also how was the classes where they hard. Also how is the P.A EFDA Test to become certified easy or hard and how many questions???

74 months ago

I went to Harcum, back in 2000/2001. The program was great, as well as the teachers. It was easy to follow. I did it at night,as I had to also work full time. One night was clinic and one night was lecture, for like 3 hrs each for a semester. Then I did my residency at my current emplyoer (so I got paid too ;D ). My employer also for the schooling!!! (Im not sure if that is an option for you, maybe try....???)cant hurt to try, back the it was like $3,000 something.
I have surpassed $27/hr, so I would say its def worth it!!! And I took the PA board, obviously, lol, I had to. lol. They were easy, and I went to school years ago. I just took a refresher cousre, and studied. I think I got like a 90 something. Go for it!!! You will be glad u did!!!! ;)

74 months ago

efda101 in phila, Pennsylvania said: Where are all the efda's at. I have over 23 yrs in the game in phila, wondering what other states have this specialty and what are the salary ranges

I make , I will say around $30/hr. And that is with potential to keep rising! All depends on who you work for and what the office brings in I think.

74 months ago

Thank you for the info.

Michelle in Dayton, Ohio

74 months ago

Hi, all EFDA's I'm in class now...and I'm not concerned about pay. I'm just wondering what were your first instincts about the classes?

I've been in dentistry for 5 years now. Satrted as an assistant with no exp, moved to tx coordinator, then ins coordinator , then office manager. I just love my job and like having the ability to do about all the positions in my office. So.....now I'm in class and I find it pretty damn hard. It's a bit confusing actually...Anybody here attend Sinclair in Ohio? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Elizabethtown, Kentucky

73 months ago

I was just wondering what the pay would be like before i take the EDDA course i work as A CNA making 12.44 third shift so i do not want to take a pay cut but need different settings. I will graduate from schhool in 02-07-09 was going to try to get a job just as a asst. Also i have been looking on indeed.com it says i should make 30000 a year just as asst. In etown KY and 40000 as A EDDA does anybody know if this is currect.

Tiffany in Elizabethtown, Kentucky

73 months ago

Lene in Crown Point, Indiana said: Does an EFDA have to take extra classes than a regular asst? I am in need of a new dentist and thought that I would only go to one that places his own fillings. I called my friend's dentist and the secretary said that he has an EFDA and does not do any of the fillings himself. You being an EFDA, how would you choose a dentist?

I live in KY i was just wondering if you thought it would be hard for me to find a job and what salary range??????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

TIFFANY in Elizabethtown, Kentucky

73 months ago

I POSTED TWO COMMENTS CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT????? i NEED TO KNOW ALSO WHAT TYPE OF QUESTIONS ARE ON THER EDDA TESTING???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sharon in Columbus, Ohio

72 months ago

I have been a certified dental assistant for 34 years and an EFDA for 11 years. I have worked in the present office for 8 years. I am an excellant worker who never missed work. This year I came down with an illness that kept me from work for 3 weeks. I was assured my job was O.K. When I came back my Dr. gave my hours to the assistant that was sharing my job. The Dr. said I could only work every other Friday which is only 5 hours. I am part-time so they can do what they want. I make $26.75 an hour and the other assisant does not make as much I do. I feel this was unfair. Any comments welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Cincinnati, Ohio

72 months ago

I also got my EFDA from sinclair in Ohio. I agree it was a challenging program. I was told the passing record at sinclair is only 10% when taking the boards the first time. Taking the boards the secong time 40% pass. I am not sure those statistics are that great. I was fortunate to pass the first time but I had many disappointed friends who did not pass the first time.

I also shared your concern about the EFDA program paying off. I work for a periodontist. I was given a substantial raise which made the training well worth it.

FF in Demotte, Indiana

72 months ago

what's the going rate for EFDA's in Indiana??

dededaisy in Shepherdsville, Kentucky

72 months ago

tiffany in Elizabethtown, Kentucky said: i am going to ATA collage in louisville KY i will get my EDDA at the end of the course but i will have to find a ASST. job first. My start out pay in louisville will be $18 but one hour away i E-town it drops to $16. i am taking a ten month course it pays for the edda to. I was wondering if i got coranel polishing certificate would it increase my pay??? Also i will get X-ray certification. I was also wandering if it will be hard to find a job????

How do you know you will make $16-$18 an Hr in Ky? I've been an EDDA for 5 years and don't make that much and i'm certified from UofL. ATA may have elaborated a little. The coranel polishing will help but most dentist are not really concerned about that. And x-ray cert is a must for KY.

72 months ago

Tiffany in Elizabethtown, Kentucky said: I was just wondering what the pay would be like before i take the EDDA course i work as A CNA making 12.44 third shift so i do not want to take a pay cut but need different settings. I will graduate from schhool in 02-07-09 was going to try to get a job just as a asst. Also i have been looking on indeed.com it says i should make 30000 a year just as asst. In etown KY and 40000 as A EDDA does anybody know if this is currect.

40000 I wish! That might be true if you can find a dentist that works 40 hrs a week. Good luck finding that.

michelle in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

I've been a dental asst for 4 yrs in PA. Do you really think it's worth it to go back for EFDA? What do they start out EFDA's in Bucks County or Phila?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Mercy in Merrillville, Indiana said: If you've been a EDDA for 5 yrs. and you don't make at least $16-$18 an hour, you might want to find a new dental office to work for. I earn $16 an hour now and I DON'T have my Expanded functions certificate.

Thanks, I think I will.

72 months ago

I was wondering if the poor economy has effected any ones office? It seems were I work things have really slowed down. I had to take off of work a few days because nobody was scheduled. Anyone else having problems like this?

tiffany in Elizabethtown, Kentucky

72 months ago

dededaisy in Shepherdsville, Kentucky said: How do you know you will make $16-$18 an Hr in Ky? I've been an EDDA for 5 years and don't make that much and i'm certified from UofL. ATA may have elaborated a little. The coranel polishing will help but most dentist are not really concerned about that. And x-ray cert is a must for KY.

I have osha xray cpr and will go to UofL also to get my EDDA i just going by what this sight says i will be happy to make 16 is that possible

72 months ago

You might be able to make that much with Mortensons. I think there is a new office in E-town. But you need to fill out an application and mail it to the main office in order to be hired. Good pay comes with experience. I have just realized I haven't been getting paid what I'm worth.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.