Local anesthetic courses- BC canada

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (33)

canadiangirl85 in Victoria, British Columbia

51 months ago

Hi everyone
Has anyone taken the local anesthethic course at camosun college in victoria, or at UBC? I heard some bad things about the program in victoria, and do not want to waste my $1000 dollars. The hygienist I knew took the course at Camosun, failed it, and then went to winnipeg at the university of manitoba and said that course was much better, had a better format and more helpful instructors.
Does anyone have any experience with the BC LA courses?
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cherry10072 in Edmonton, Alberta

51 months ago

I'm just wondering how long was the LA course at Camosun and U of M?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rdh4 in Victoria, British Columbia

51 months ago

canadiangirl85 in Victoria, British Columbia said: Hi everyone
Has anyone taken the local anesthethic course at camosun college in victoria, or at UBC? I heard some bad things about the program in victoria, and do not want to waste my $1000 dollars. The hygienist I knew took the course at Camosun, failed it, and then went to winnipeg at the university of manitoba and said that course was much better, had a better format and more helpful instructors.
Thanks!

Yep, I do. I was not impressed with the course at UBC. They send you a package that you have to study yourself:facial nerves, foramen, muscles, blood vessels, etc. and then you read the Malamed, watch the DVD, and then you attend the "lectures" at UBC. They are pretty much just a quick overview of what you studied yourself and then you go into the clinic. In the morning of the first day, you do the maxilla, and in the afternoon (after another quick overview of what you studied on your own) you do the mandible. You will do only one of each type of freezing during the instruction session at UBC. Then you are expected to freeze patients in your own dentist's office with his or her supervision. This is the critical part of the course; if your dentist is unwilling to let you do any freezing ("what, on MY patients?")then you're sort of out of luck. However, the dentists at your workplace will have already received a letter from UBC stating that they play an important role in your passing the course--don't let them renege on it! (Pester them to let you freeze their patients!) So then you come back to UBC in about a month's time (or 6 weeks, I can't remember exactly) and then you are tested on clinical skills and theory. The theory was hard, especially the multiple choice--it was very picky--you really have to know your anatomy really well! There were some essay questions as well and some case studies;know the types of LA well!GL!

exp in Epping, New Hampshire

51 months ago

rdh4 in Victoria, British Columbia said: Yep, I do. I was not impressed with the course at UBC. They send you a package that you have to study yourself:facial nerves, foramen, muscles, blood vessels, etc. and then you read the Malamed, watch the DVD, and then you attend the "lectures" at UBC. They are pretty much just a quick overview of what you studied yourself and then you go into the clinic. In the morning of the first day, you do the maxilla, and in the afternoon (after another quick overview of what you studied on your own) you do the mandible. You will do only one of each type of freezing during the instruction session at UBC. Then you are expected to freeze patients in your own dentist's office with his or her supervision. This is the critical part of the course; if your dentist is unwilling to let you do any freezing ("what, on MY patients?")then you're sort of out of luck. However, the dentists at your workplace will have already received a letter from UBC stating that they play an important role in your passing the course--don't let them renege on it! (Pester them to let you freeze their patients!) So then you come back to UBC in about a month's time (or 6 weeks, I can't remember exactly) and then you are tested on clinical skills and theory. The theory was hard, especially the multiple choice--it was very picky--you really have to know your anatomy really well! There were some essay questions as well and some case studies;know the types of LA well!GL!

What is "freezing patients"? It seems all boards do the "tricky ?" test...I feel, IMO, that instead of playing mind games the direct question and pick "1" answer would do alot better for the RDH, to RETAIN knowledge of proper LA, etc...but of course this makes too much sense, and they may want you to have to retake it so "?" gets more money out of you. I do think this does happen, no need for childish games, but they are in charge and will do it for the $$$.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

skrrr in Victoria, British Columbia

51 months ago

'freezing' is the common lay term for LA.

I think some of these out of province RDH underestimate how tough our DH programs are here in BC. I suspect the instructors are as tough in the LA course as in the regular DH program, so you have my sympathies! OTOH, I think this might do a good job at eliminating the lesser RDH from the private schools in Ontario. In fact I knwo 2 people who went through the LA course at Camosun recently. One who works for my wife is from QC public DH school and passed the course easily. Another one who was clinically incompetent (I fired her) from Regency DH in ON failed the course. There you go.

LA is a procedure with significant risk and responsibilities - it has to be tough to pass. But it is easy once learned and used in practice. FWIW, my wife and I gave as many injections to the lady in the LA course as we could, plus our own tips and knowledge, which probably helped in her successful exam scores. We might even accept RDH who don't work for us to do some injections, if that works for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rdh4 in Victoria, British Columbia

51 months ago

Hi there:
Sorry if I used the layman's term "freezing" with regards to administering local anesthetic. Just a slip of the tongue.
As for the course itself, my biggest issue with it was that it was essentially a DIY course, the clinical instruction was skint, and the course was expensive--we didn't get our money's worth for sure. To administer LA, you have to do it confidently and competently; this course did not foster this at all. Very disappointed with it.

triponthis1 in Ottawa, Ontario

50 months ago

skrrr in Victoria, British Columbia said: 'freezing' is the common lay term for LA.

I think some of these out of province RDH underestimate how tough our DH programs are here in BC. I suspect the instructors are as tough in the LA course as in the regular DH program, so you have my sympathies! OTOH, I think this might do a good job at eliminating the lesser RDH from the private schools in Ontario. In fact I knwo 2 people who went through the LA course at Camosun recently. One who works for my wife is from QC public DH school and passed the course easily. Another one who was clinically incompetent (I fired her) from Regency DH in ON failed the course. There you go.

LA is a procedure with significant risk and responsibilities - it has to be tough to pass. But it is easy once learned and used in practice. FWIW, my wife and I gave as many injections to the lady in the LA course as we could, plus our own tips and knowledge, which probably helped in her successful exam scores. We might even accept RDH who don't work for us to do some injections, if that works for them.

I think you need to be careful when lumping all Ontario dental Hygienist into one bunch. I did my Dental Hygiene program in Ontario at an Private ACCREDITED school. I was very well prepared for both the board exam, and the L.A course that I did. Yes, there are many un-accredited schools that are graduating ill prepared Hygienists, but be careful not to diminish my competence based only on the province where I attended school. I would argue that a "Lesser RDH" can graduate from any school in the country. I take my job very seriously, and I strive to be thorough, honest, current in my knowledge, and professional. I know a few grads from Alberta and British Columbia that would have a hard time honestly saying the same thing! Just be careful with assumptions, and make your judgements on performance and integrity instead of confirmation bias.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

skrrrrrr in Victoria, British Columbia

50 months ago

Trip, I am judging the system that is in place, not the poor students who get an inferior education. In Ontario the HYG education system is inferior on all counts. There is no pre-professional year even for the public schools, so on average that will produce a lesser quality of student. I say 'on AVERAGE,' that doesn't mean there aren't any excellent RDH in ON. I know there are plenty of great RDH in ON, but there is a high proportion of less qualified RDH in ON who didn't go through the tough screening processes we have out West.

As for Private Schools - accreditation means VERY LITTLE. It merely reflects that the school has shown it can teach the basics minimums of the RDH curriculum. The facts are plain to read in the Board Exam results. The facts are that NONE fail in BC, while a significant portion of Ontario Private School grads do fail this VERY BASIC TEST. As an employer, I am very wary of these ON grads from Private Schools .. enough to say I would not take the risk of hiring one at all. I was burned once when I did hire one - an expensive lesson I do not wish to repeat.

I agree the problem is not with the intentions of the Ontario RDHs and that many RDH in Ontario will rise to the challenge of becoming excellent RDHs - most just want to do a good job. The problem is systemic to the Ontario RDH school system, and it means ON RDH are receiving an lesser education on average.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

1RDH in Airdrie, Alberta

50 months ago

triponthis1 in Ottawa, Ontario said: I think you need to be careful when lumping all Ontario dental Hygienist into one bunch. I did my Dental Hygiene program in Ontario at an Private ACCREDITED school. I was very well prepared for both the board exam, and the L.A course that I did. Yes, there are many un-accredited schools that are graduating ill prepared Hygienists, but be careful not to diminish my competence based only on the province where I attended school. I would argue that a "Lesser RDH" can graduate from any school in the country. I take my job very seriously, and I strive to be thorough, honest, current in my knowledge, and professional. I know a few grads from Alberta and British Columbia that would have a hard time honestly saying the same thing! Just be careful with assumptions, and make your judgements on performance and integrity instead of confirmation bias.

I agree with Skrrrr...."lesser RDH" would not graduate from many courses offered in other provinces because they would never be accepted into the programs in the first place!!
Accreditation means squat...
As an employer as well I would not hire an ON grad over a grad from another program...with the exception of the public courses offered through George Brown and the like.
Just my feeling on the whole thing...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

VKDIEKR@yahoo.ca in Delta, British Columbia

48 months ago

Thanks!

DONT GO TO UBC OR VICTORIA GO TO PIERCE COLLEGE INSTEAD IN TOCOMA WASHINGTON. BEST PLACE AND YOU WILL LEARN SOMETHING AND PASS. THEY ARE THERE TO HELP YOU NOT TO PUT YOU DOWN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RDH surrey BC in Surrey, British Columbia

47 months ago

It doesnt matter where you get your education from at the end of the day you are educated/trained for "entry to practice"....that means that experience is what matters.. you learn more and build on education when u are out there working so for you prospective employers out there you should be looking at the experience versus the school attended!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

1RDH in Airdrie, Alberta

47 months ago

RDH surrey BC in Surrey, British Columbia said: It doesnt matter where you get your education from at the end of the day you are educated/trained for "entry to practice"....that means that experience is what matters.. you learn more and build on education when u are out there working so for you prospective employers out there you should be looking at the experience versus the school attended!!!!

Might disagree a bit there with you. I think the school you attend is becoming more and more important; some prospective employers want a hygienist with a decent education who put the time and energy into getting accepted into a reputable school.
I agree you learn more and build on your education once you are working but if you are beat out for a job by someone with a better education from a better school how are you going to achieve this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

BCgirl85 in New Westminster, British Columbia

47 months ago

I went to a community college in ontario got a great education, unfortunately I have to defend myself and my education constantly because I am from ontario and ontario and private schools there have a bad reputation.
My boss said that my quality of education has been excellent compared to some of the hygienists he has worked with, BC trained hygienists included.He hired me because he knew I went to a good school. I completely disagree with the statement that all ontario schools recieve an "inferior education".
So some community colleges in ontario do have high standards and I agree that ontario grads should not all be lumped together.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

30 year vet in Edmonton, Alberta

47 months ago

BCgirl85 in New Westminster, British Columbia said: I went to a community college in ontario got a great education, unfortunately I have to defend myself and my education constantly because I am from ontario and ontario and private schools there have a bad reputation.
My boss said that my quality of education has been excellent compared to some of the hygienists he has worked with, BC trained hygienists included.He hired me because he knew I went to a good school. I completely disagree with the statement that all ontario schools recieve an "inferior education".
So some community colleges in ontario do have high standards and I agree that ontario grads should not all be lumped together.

Sadly, with 34 schools of dental hygiene opening up in your province of Ontario....there are several where you need NOTHING to get in...just bring tuition money. So....as a result of this FLOODING of "DH SCHOOLS"....you have many where you need the bare minimum to get in....and trust me....there are those getting into DH school in Ontario BECAUSE they would NEVER get into a DH program anywhere else. The very fact that there are schools in Ontario who accept someone with NO pre-professional year of sciences, a measly 60% average from high school and a grade 11 biology mark allows for a much lower standard of student. In fact they'll do the interview over the phone....just to GET YOU IN....and get your tuition money. ANYONE can now get into dental hygiene. That's the reality you have to deal with. Many students from other provinces flocked to Ontario when they heard you didn't have to be that smart to get into a DH program there.....so they went. The result....thousands of DH grads out looking for work. Bosses are looking for high numbers of DH out there so they can hire cheap labor....to some, the school doesn't matter anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

1RDH in Airdrie, Alberta

47 months ago

BCgirl85 in New Westminster, British Columbia said: I went to a community college in ontario got a great education, unfortunately I have to defend myself and my education constantly because I am from ontario and ontario and private schools there have a bad reputation.

Thats unfortunate; there are some great public programs in ON (like George Brown) but you can thank your province for allowing all these subpar private schools for the constant defending of your education you endure. There are private schools in BC as well so I'm not surprised that he's worked with some from there too.
Again my point from an earlier post; he hired you because you went to a good school with standards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

I had a lady recently out of Cambrian College in ON recently, and she knew here stuff very well. I think it goes to show - Public schools are great. Private schools, not so much, apply at your own peril.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

... and the BC private schools are being forced to meet a higher standard, including completion of all the tough prerequisite courses. This is quite unlike the Private schools in ON, as is reflected in the high % passing the board even in Private schools in BC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 year vet in Edmonton, Alberta

46 months ago

skrrrrrr in Victoria, British Columbia said: ... and the BC private schools are being forced to meet a higher standard, including completion of all the tough prerequisite courses. This is quite unlike the Private schools in ON, as is reflected in the high % passing the board even in Private schools in BC.

SKRRR,

The bottom line is your province does NOT NEED 7 schools for dental hygiene. Again...look at the provinces across the board and the number of total DH students entering each province per year.....Ontario and British Columbia have too many DH schools....period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

RDH surrey BC in Surrey, British Columbia

46 months ago

skrrrr you are completely right and its a shame that the schools are only in it to make money and dont care about the job market and how there are no hygiene jobs!! its only going to get worse.. and it really is unfair. im hoping that they will be forced to have to complete a degree instead of a diploma to practice so that it'll filter plp out.i am a victim of private school myself.. i got into a public school and private school and made the decision to go to private thinking that you would get a better education since it is a school dedicated to hygiene alone! i had no idea that employers and other hygienists were so skeptical and judgmental of you if u attended a private school and it was very dissappointing for me. The system fools you into thinkin that private schools are the way to go and although i do feel i had a great experience and education at the school i attended,,, it doesnt help being a private school grad and having thousands of other private school candidates enrolling! The word just needs to be spread... no one should be attending private schools for hygiene anymore.. its a waste of time and money!!- Dont be fooled... the job market is bad!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 year vet in Lloydminster, Alberta

46 months ago

RDH surrey BC in Surrey, British Columbia said: skrrrr you are completely right and its a shame that the schools are only in it to make money and dont care about the job market and how there are no hygiene jobs!! its only going to get worse.. and it really is unfair. im hoping that they will be forced to have to complete a degree instead of a diploma to practice so that it'll filter plp out.i am a victim of private school myself.. i got into a public school and private school and made the decision to go to private thinking that you would get a better education since it is a school dedicated to hygiene alone! i had no idea that employers and other hygienists were so skeptical and judgmental of you if u attended a private school and it was very dissappointing for me. The system fools you into thinkin that private schools are the way to go and although i do feel i had a great experience and education at the school i attended,,, it doesnt help being a private school grad and having thousands of other private school candidates enrolling! The word just needs to be spread... no one should be attending private schools for hygiene anymore.. its a waste of time and money!!- Dont be fooled... the job market is bad!

Dear RDH in Surrey,
Thank you for your true expression of what's been going on. I wish you could post a new thread highlighting this fact.

I'm sorry you are going through this time too.....they 'tricked' many.... :(

rdh2006-GBC in Marystown, Newfoundland

46 months ago

skrrrrrr in Victoria, British Columbia said: Trip, I am judging the system that is in place, not the poor students who get an inferior education. In Ontario the HYG education system is inferior on all counts. There is no pre-professional year even for the public schools, so on average that will produce a lesser quality of student. I say 'on AVERAGE,' that doesn't mean there aren't any excellent RDH in ON. I know there are plenty of great RDH in ON, but there is a high proportion of less qualified RDH in ON who didn't go through the tough screening processes we have out West.

As for Private Schools - accreditation means VERY LITTLE. It merely reflects that the school has shown it can teach the basics minimums of the RDH curriculum. The facts are plain to read in the Board Exam results. The facts are that NONE fail in BC, while a significant portion of Ontario Private School grads do fail this VERY BASIC TEST. As an employer, I am very wary of these ON grads from Private Schools .. enough to say I would not take the risk of hiring one at all. I was burned once when I did hire one - an expensive lesson I do not wish to repeat.

I agree the problem is not with the intentions of the Ontario RDHs and that many RDH in Ontario will rise to the challenge of becoming excellent RDHs - most just want to do a good job. The problem is systemic to the Ontario RDH school system, and it means ON RDH are receiving an lesser education on average.

I have to disagree iwth you. the la programs at uofa was a breeze, GBC (George Brown College) Dental Hygiene program, you only get in if you have previous post secondary and their inital pre exam is 3 hrs and is much different then the rest of the province.
I have worked in BC, On, and NL.. and all 3 employeers have stated that I AM the best of the best and know one could ever replace me clinically, knowledge or personalitly wise.
I have worked also with BC grads from PG, the DDS I worked with would NOT hire them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

when i wrote the above i was quite angry.. sorry for any spelling errors.

i came on here to actually find out if the CDHO has placed LA on the list of regulations with their college.
thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Courses for the Dental Hygiene program at George Brown College, Toronto, ON
in comparision to a couple of BC schools.
GBC Courses
COURSES
SEMESTER 1
ANAT1058 Head and Neck Anatomy I
BIOL1024 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
DENT1028 Dental Materials I
DENT1060 Dental Hygiene Principles I
DENT1062 Dental Hygiene Clinic I
DENT1064 Dental Radiography I
DENT1067 General Histology
BIOL1034 Microbiology and Infection Control
GSSC1053 Collaboration: The Future of Health Care in Canada
COMP1082 Computer Skills and Applications

SEMESTER 2
DENT1093 Dental Anatomy for Dental Hygiene
DENT1061 Dental Hygiene Principles II
DENT1063 Dental Hygiene Clinic II
DENT1065 Dental Radiography II
DENT2023 Radiographic Interpretation
DENT1066 Dental Materials II
DENT1068 Oral Histology and Embryology
DENT1069 Periodontics I
BIOL1044 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
HLTH1016 Community Health I
NUTR1020 Nutrition and Nutrition Counselling
PHAR1005 Pathophysiology and Pharmacology I
GNED General Education Elective

SEMESTER 3
ANAT2002 Head and Neck Anatomy II
DENT2017 Dental Hygiene Principles III
DENT2018 Dental Hygiene Clinic III
DENT2020 Advanced Concepts in Preventive Dentistry
HLTH2018 Community Health II
DENT2021 Periodontics II
PHAR2002 Pathophysiology and Pharmacology II
DENT2031 Oral Pathology
DENT2029 Community Field Practicum I
GNED General Education Elective

SEMESTER 4
DENT2019 Dental Hygiene Clinic IV
HLTH2019 Community Health III
DENT2022 Orthodontics
GERT2027 Gerontology
SSCI1009 Professional Ethics and Jurisprudence
DENT2030 Community Field Practicum II
DENT2036 Dental Hygiene Principles IV

see the next few posts for comparision please.....
esp. those who dissed ontarion grads!!!

DH in Olds, Alberta

46 months ago

rdh2006-GBC in Marystown, Newfoundland said: Courses for the Dental Hygiene
see the next few posts for comparision please.....
esp. those who dissed ontarion grads!!!

George Brown college is HUGELY different than the "ontario grads" that have been discussed and I think you are not picking up on that. The problem is with the private schools there. There are so many grads from there that when one hears "ontario grad" now they think of the undereducated, underqualified private school hygienists that are coming out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jazzy in Surrey, British Columbia

38 months ago

Hi. Can anyone tell me if RDH in BC give the IAN injection for local anesthesia.

38 months ago

Jazzy in Surrey, British Columbia said: Hi. Can anyone tell me if RDH in BC give the IAN injection for local anesthesia.

If your refering to "INA" being an Inferior Alveolar Nerve Block.. then the answer is yes.

38 months ago

skrrrrrr in Victoria, British Columbia said: I had a lady recently out of Cambrian College in ON recently, and she knew here stuff very well. I think it goes to show - Public schools are great. Private schools, not so much, apply at your own peril.

Cambrian College in Ontario is not a private school. Sorry

Ellen M in Prince George, British Columbia

30 months ago

Skirrr...you have way too much time on your hands. Im a Hygienist in BC and a Hygienist is a Hygienist! Seems like you just have a lot to say in general. No one cares here.... but your two fans on this site. God id hate to work with your judgemental opinions as its so unprofessional to begin with. Its People like you that make life tough for others for no god dam reason. Just let professionals be and get back to work!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

RDH in Calgary, Alberta

30 months ago

rdh2006-GBC in Marystown, Newfoundland said: Cambrian College in Ontario is not a private school. Sorry

Ummm....you may want to re read his post he said that the gal from Cambrian college was good, and that public schools are good. Privates not.
?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RDH in Calgary, Alberta

30 months ago

Ellen M in Prince George, British Columbia said: Skirrr...you have way too much time on your hands. Im a Hygienist in BC and a Hygienist is a Hygienist! Seems like you just have a lot to say in general. No one cares here.... but your two fans on this site. God id hate to work with your judgemental opinions as its so unprofessional to begin with. Its People like you that make life tough for others for no god dam reason. Just let professionals be and get back to work!

As an employer I'm going to take Skrrr's side on this one...
a hygienist used to be a hygienist back when everyone had to take university prereq's and compete to get into the program. Now there's the public grads and the private grads. You may find it unprofessional but there are actually job postings stating "at least 3 years experience" and "public school grads only". I too have worked with private school grads and their training is poor-maybe not all but the poor ones are making a name for the rest of you. We are one of many offices refusing to hire private school grads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dr. P in Surrey, British Columbia

28 months ago

Thanks!

HI...check out www.sleepeatbreathe.ca It is a refresher hands on local anesthesia course. You have to have graduated doing LA as this is a refresher course and is accredited. Given by a periodontist. It sounds fantastic! Price is right too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dr. P in Surrey, British Columbia

28 months ago

rdh4 in Victoria, British Columbia said: Yep, I do. I was not impressed with the course at UBC. They send you a package that you have to study yourself:facial nerves, foramen, muscles, blood vessels, etc. and then you read the Malamed, watch the DVD, and then you attend the "lectures" at UBC. They are pretty much just a quick overview of what you studied yourself and then you go into the clinic. In the morning of the first day, you do the maxilla, and in the afternoon (after another quick overview of what you studied on your own) you do the mandible. You will do only one of each type of freezing during the instruction session at UBC. Then you are expected to freeze patients in your own dentist 's office with his or her supervision. This is the critical part of the course; if your dentist is unwilling to let you do any freezing ("what, on MY patients?")then you're sort of out of luck. However, the dentists at your workplace will have already received a letter from UBC stating that they play an important role in your passing the course--don't let them renege on it! (Pester them to let you freeze their patients!) So then you come back to UBC in about a month's time (or 6 weeks, I can't remember exactly) and then you are tested on clinical skills and theory. The theory was hard, especially the multiple choice--it was very picky--you really have to know your anatomy really well! There were some essay questions as well and some case studies;know the types of LA well!GL!

HI...check out the hands on course at www.sleepeatbreathe.ca It is strictly refresher so not for beginners...you have to have graduated giving LA prior to taking this course. You get to practice on eachother but it is all supervised.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hoping for Good News in Vernon, British Columbia

2 months ago

BCgirl85 in New Westminster, British Columbia said: I went to a community college in ontario got a great education , unfortunately I have to defend myself and my education constantly because I am from ontario and ontario and private schools there have a bad reputation.

BCgirl85, which Ontario college did you go to? I'm from BC, and I did my BSc in biology in BC, but I did not take anatomy and physiology or stats, which are required prereqs for DH schools in BC, but not in Ontario.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.