Why do dental office workers not have benefits

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Sherri in Houston, Texas

72 months ago

I have been in the dental industry for 23 years as management. I have never had one of my employers offer medical or dental benefits? Do any of you have this even offered to you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Dr Didi in Mauritania

33 months ago

Yes sire i am a dentist and have my own practic and i give my workers percent and they enjoyed working there :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois

15 months ago

Some practitioners, both medical and dental, will offer healthcare benefits. But not a lot, as it's rather costly. You'll find a few practitioners who are even willing to help pay for it by giving their employees a fixed amount of money and allowing them to choose their own coverage based on their individual needs. (It's called defined contribution health insurance.) Most dental employers will even give dental discounts to their employees if they utilize that practice, however, it may be awhile before that benefit kicks in. When I worked for ProCare Dental, you had to work there an entire year before you could start getting the discounts. You'll also find dermatologists and chiropractors who'll give generous employee discounts on products and services. If you're really lucky, you may find a few who'll provide services and products at no cost.

If you're a receptionist for a hospital system or an affiliated group practice, then you'll almost certainly receive medical and dental insurance benefits even if you work part-time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KaraokeDiva in San Francisco, California

12 months ago

I've always had dental coverage when working at a dental office and for my immediate family, as well. I have medical through my husband, and ask the employer to waive coverage for an increased salary instead. I think it's odd that you have found offices that don't even offer dental to the employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

KaraokeDiva in San Francisco, California said: I think it's odd that you have found offices that don't even offer dental to the employees.

Actually, ProCare Dental did offer some dental for its employees, but you had to work there for a whole year BEFORE you had any access to it and they'd start paying out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois said: Actually, ProCare Dental did offer some dental for its employees, but you had to work there for a whole year BEFORE you had any access to it and they'd start paying out.

I don't see how that benefits anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.