Trying to re-enter dental field

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

sarah in Sacramento, California

74 months ago

I have been trying to re-enter the dental field in Sacramento area for last two years and have had interviews but cannot get a job. Seems they are reluctant due to not up to date with software etc. But when i graduated from dental school, I still needed to be trained on things, software etc., so whats the big deal? I am a fast learner and very strong in administrative and sales is a big part in dental and I was it seemed, the ideal person. But yet, no one will seem to give me a chance.

I did receptionist and schedule coordinating. I was very good at it. Went into business industry and that was a mistake. I have dental certificate and xray certified. I have about two years since 1989 dental assistant and 8 years in front office. Things have changed with software. It seems crazy to go back to a school just so i can re-enter dental field.
What can I do? I should be a manager by now.
Please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ella in Lynbrook, New York

72 months ago

dear sarah,
if you are still reading these forums, please get back to me. i know nothing about california - shame on me, never went there, so i am not familiar with geographical locations. but i know a dentist in california who is desperate need of a front desk person, and you know assisting as well, she could use it too. let me know if you are still looking and i will tell you where that dentist is located. let's see what happens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sarah in Sacramento, California

72 months ago

Thank you very much. Yes indeed, I am very interested!!

Please get back to me as to this dentist's name and I will follow up on it.

Thanks again. I so much appreciate it.

Sharon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

please get back to me via e-mail - yenella1@yahoo.com. i am going to call her and find out if she is still looking.
in the meanwhile, happy holidays!!!
ella

72 months ago

dear sarah,

i just spoke with that dentist to find out how far you are from her office. turns out she is about 120 miles away from you. remember, i told you i know nothing about california! but - she was very interested in helping you out and promised me to ask her friends who work in your area if they need help or if they know anyone who does. if she gets back to me on that, i will let you know immediately.
sorry for the confusion, i was only trying to help.
ella.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.