Where to start?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

DRB in Charlotte, North Carolina

54 months ago

I'm looking for some advice on how to network and go about getting a front office position in a dental office. I've just completed certification for dental front office administration but I have no clue where to start looking for work or even an internship. Does anyone recommend going from office to office with my resume and introducing myself in person. This seems like it would be the most effective, but not sure if it's frowned upon. I would appreciate any suggestions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

frannewlandperkins@gmail.com in Canton, Texas

54 months ago

Hi I just read your comment that you have just finished getting a front office certification.

Would you please e mail me back and let me know how and where you got your certification, please.

I worked front office in a dental office off and on here in the Dallas area, but never had access to all that it encompasses. We are now living in a smaller area here in the east Texas area.

As you know the job market is tight, and if I can get the certification, it would be so much help to me.

Sincerely yours
Fran

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DRB in Charlotte, North Carolina

54 months ago

I went to a school located here in Charlotte, NC. You might try checking out your local colleges, trade schools, etc. I do know there are a few on-line courses you can take, just be careful to make sure they are legitimate. Good luck!

maggie in Nashua, New Hampshire

54 months ago

DRB in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I'm looking for some advice on how to network and go about getting a front office position in a dental office. I've just completed certification for dental front office administration but I have no clue where to start looking for work or even an internship. Does anyone recommend going from office to office with my resume and introducing myself in person. This seems like it would be the most effective, but not sure if it's frowned upon. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Check on the local news papers, internet. I went through a Dental Agency, they charge the dentist, and in the same time i looked on indeed or other job search. First look up a good staffing dental agency around you area online, and do you research, a really good one will have a website explaining the details. Also, if you want, start calling local dental offices and ask if they are hiring. Good luck!

DRB in Indian Trail, North Carolina

54 months ago

maggie in Nashua, New Hampshire said: Check on the local news papers, internet. I went through a Dental Agency, they charge the dentist, and in the same time i looked on indeed or other job search. First look up a good staffing dental agency around you area online, and do you research, a really good one will have a website explaining the details. Also, if you want, start calling local dental offices and ask if they are hiring. Good luck!

Thank you! ;-)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.