dental receptionist

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Harman Pannu in Moorestown, New Jersey

75 months ago

I am really interested in being dental receptionist. My major is dental hygiene so am really interested working in dental office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Lorain, Ohio

72 months ago

Hello story of my life! =] I'm doing the exact same thing! It took me awhile, but I finally got a position. No one really wanted to take a chance on me because I just graduated high school and apparently that makes me irresponsible... Anyways! See if you can get your name in a temp agency. Or let the dds know that you're willing to fill in if someone is ill. I went on alot of interviews and no one took a second look at me because I had no experience. But one doctor needed someone for about a week, and I was available. I only worked for about three days there, but he said he would recomend me. After that I filled in at another office about a month later and the doctor decided to take me in part time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deanna Baker in Reidsville, North Carolina

71 months ago

Harman! I'm doing the exact same thing, right now I'm spiffing up my resume, and I start school in January. I had spoken with a Dentist friend of my moms (she lives about 6 hours away or I could have worked with her) and she reassured me that as long as you are not AFRAID of the computer, friendly, and are relativly smart you should have no problem finding a job, but as Sara said, it could take some time.

This same lady told me to ask my professor, or, any DH professor if they could provide any helpful information, or had any connections with dentists looking to fill that position, so I would try that if you haven't!

Good Luck!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.