Can I get a receptionist job without office experience?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

kittengotclaws in Little Rock, Arkansas

44 months ago

I have an interview tomorrow at a dental office for a receptionist position. I have no prior office/receptionist experience. I do have 5 years of retail experience from a department store (so I am rich in interpersonal and customer service skills). I have a 62 wpm and four years of Spanish under my belt. How difficult would it be for me to attain this job. Also, any interview tips since I have no prior experience? Thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois

26 months ago

If you speak Spanish fluently, then you should have little problems getting into a medical or dental practice in which they want someone to be bilingual, especially if it's an office where they're willing to train someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Prisca Matshaneng in Johannesburg, South Africa

6 months ago

I have a Computer Science Certificate and a Retail sales experience.With no experience in this field am willing to learn more.I've worked with the customers for a long time and understand their needs and wants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

abeykp in Forest Hills, New York

6 months ago

If you want, you can also do an Online Career development course and Certification at Emerging Technologies Institute, New York, to improve your job placement strategy. You can check their programs at www.emergingtechonline.com or can call them for a free consultation.
ETI has partnerships with several agencies such as the NYC Employment and Training Coalition and Workforce Centers to increase job opportunities for program graduates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.