Trying to get into the dental industry

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Kami in Bloomington, Illinois

88 months ago

I am 23 years old and been in sales for most of my life..I am looking to change careers and enter the dental industry. I am enrolling into the pre-requisite classes at a near by community college and would like a receptionist job in a dental office to get my feet wet while in school. Any suggestions or does anyone know of a dental office in the Dallas area?

Please help, I am unemployed in 1 week!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dendy in Long Beach, California

86 months ago

Most of the time patients that are entering your dental office don't want to be there, it's a fear factor. It's up to you to put them at ease. I always find something to compliment my patients on with sincerity. I reasure some patients with my own good dental experiences. It also helps a great deal if the dentist that you're working for is a good ,kind and compassionate man or woman.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessi R in Wilmington, Massachusetts

83 months ago

I am 19 years old and I just finished getting my G.E.D. I earned my cumputer skills certicate right after I got my G.E.D and now I am looking forward to going to school in the fall for Dental assit. I have been looking for a job at a denist office for receptionist so that I can just observe what I am studying for and I can't seem to find a job near my location. Can somebody please help me out and let me know where I can find a job in Lowell, Ma.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ashley in Canton, Georgia

75 months ago

Kami in Bloomington, Illinois said: I am 23 years old and been in sales for most of my life..I am looking to change careers and enter the dental industry. I am enrolling into the pre-requisite classes at a near by community college and would like a receptionist job in a dental office to get my feet wet while in school. Any suggestions or does anyone know of a dental office in the Dallas area?

Please help, I am unemployed in 1 week!

dental front office is sales seriously its high pressure sales in the end. keeping the schedule full and trying to talk ppl into spending money at your office on treatment they don't want done but need it however you have to try to get them to spend more money at your office for sometimes the same work as the cheaper dr around the corner... its huge huge sales and pressure of a dr barking at you to produce sales.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.