How do I get into the unix industry?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

agarrett5 in Reading, United Kingdom

33 months ago

I have decided to fold my business and start working in a more perminent reliable job. I was wondering with my background how to move into the unix industry. I have dabbled in linux in the past as when I was self employed as a computer engineer. I have dealt with SME and unbuntu. Im currently getting my MCT in active directory and windows 7, but I am more wanting to work with Linux/unix/bsd. what would the best route be in getting the correct quals (which ones best? RHEL? Linux+ etc.)? Also what sort of work should I be going for to enter into the insdustry? I ran my business for 4 years, mainly windows servers and workstations, also a bit of cisco (I have CCNA1 and 2, and have supported some cisco switches). I want to get my ccna 3 and 4. I am reluctant to get more mcts to MCITP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

agarrett5 in Reading, United Kingdom

33 months ago

Well theres no such thing as a reliable job unless you go for mcdonalds! I was meaning working for someone else, mainly to move into the unix industry. On the reliability side working for someone else is more reliable than working for myself! What im mainly after is how to move into that first job to get into unix, to get more experience. What qualifications are best to get, the sorts of jobs to look for etc. The best route in. Just disregard my 'reliability' comment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.