Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming director of development interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

George Krieps in Knoxville, Tennessee

71 months ago

I am not going to address specific questions. If one does not have the basic answers...one needs to find an industry where the will be more prepared for questions. In sales there are set question asked of you on a sales call, however there are some questions you might never have been asked. Your initial response base is derived from product/service knowledge...and answer the best you can.

However, a job interview is about 33% selling yourself (personal grooming, clothing, demeanor, on-time, resume' presentation) 33% experience (years, position, skills, etc...)
33%, most importantly, a job interview is not a sales call...it's a date. Generally you have one shot, and cannot go back for a second meeting. Therefore, consider the interview as a date...sounds odd.

I have been married for a long time, and everyone is unique. I cannot suggest how to act on your "job date," just read the signs, and go with your strengths.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

BROWN7785@SBCGLOBAL.NET in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

I WOULD LOVE TO JUST HAVE A JOB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

George Krieps in Knoxville, Tennessee

71 months ago

What is your area of interest? What is your area of expertise? How much do you want to make? How much do you need to make?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.