What are typical director of internal audit salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Ernest A. Gomez Consulting Services Corp in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

Hey the range is really up to the company and the industry.

At a Big Four (pile of Sh@#-type job); expect them to pay director-level salaries in the range of 100-145 depending on location and book of biz.

At a manufac. company, expect them to call you out if you do not have obvious manufac. experience - they think it is sooo specialized and you NEED to have it. In reality, it is the easiest type of IA and it all moves in the same manner - a college kid could lead audits, maybe not well but he could. Salary: about 80-110 depending on revenues; think 500 million about a 100k.

At Fin. Services: DIr. get about 120+; but you have to come in with a ton of derivatives experience and full-out Fas 133 accounting. For banks, just being a VP is NOT enough. Bank VPs often manage a chair, a desk and a computer.

Good skills to have for all: the CIa; does not mean you get it - just that you got it.

CPA - always good for putting people at meetings to sleep and to solve the issues the Controller and CFO have screwed the pooch on.

PMP - the best to have, bcuz your life is managing projects and people to fuition.

CFSA - good if you are in a bank and you do not have a CIA; but then, if you work in a bank and have done audits - you could use the historical work papers to benchmark. So, you really do not need a cert.

ACL is good, as is excel expertise - and I mean expertise.

This was written by me: a guy that has a Top 20 MBA, has worked for 100 Billion Asset bank in Ops Risk teaching the IA peeps how to do their jobs and consulted for Fortune Top 50, and took a 14 Bil co. to REIT public leading Sox. That is my reference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

John Schmitt in Tinley Park, Illinois

49 months ago

Ernest A. Gomez Consulting Services Corp in Chicago, Illinois said: Hey the range is really up to the company and the industry.

At a Big Four (pile of Sh@#-type job); expect them to pay director-level salaries in the range of 100-145 depending on location and book of biz.

At a manufac. company, expect them to call you out if you do not have obvious manufac. experience - they think it is sooo specialized and you NEED to have it. In reality, it is the easiest type of IA and it all moves in the same manner - a college kid could lead audits, maybe not well but he could. Salary: about 80-110 depending on revenues; think 500 million about a 100k.

At Fin. Services: DIr. get about 120+; but you have to come in with a ton of derivatives experience and full-out Fas 133 accounting. For banks, just being a VP is NOT enough. Bank VPs often manage a chair, a desk and a computer.

Good skills to have for all: the CIa; does not mean you get it - just that you got it.

CPA - always good for putting people at meetings to sleep and to solve the issues the Controller and CFO have screwed the pooch on.

PMP - the best to have, bcuz your life is managing projects and people to fuition.

CFSA - good if you are in a bank and you do not have a CIA; but then, if you work in a bank and have done audits - you could use the historical work papers to benchmark. So, you really do not need a cert.

ACL is good, as is excel expertise - and I mean expertise.

This was written by me: a guy that has a Top 20 MBA, has worked for 100 Billion Asset bank in Ops Risk teaching the IA peeps how to do their jobs and consulted for Fortune Top 50, and took a 14 Bil co. to REIT public leading Sox. That is my reference.

You obviously have 0 clue what your talking about because the director of internal audit at the s&p 500 company i work for earns close to 400,000 dollars salary plus bonus. The salaries for this position vary greatly depending on the size of the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gomez in Leesburg, Virginia

43 months ago

I never wrote the preceeding commentary. Not sure who did or how they did it. But, it is not me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.