how to start a truck dispatching business?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 284)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

me in Lawrenceville, Georgia

50 months ago

I already have a driver(my uncle) and for now this is enough for me. I have the web sites from which I will get the load information. So my questions are what else do I need to do or have in place? Any special licenses? as my uncle already hauls for somebody but told me he would drive for me once I get everything started. Any other details I would have to do to get this up and running? It will be just me and my uncle for starters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (250) / No (50) Reply - Report abuse

grimrepo in Canton, Georgia

50 months ago

me in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: I already have a driver(my uncle) and for now this is enough for me. I have the web sites from which I will get the load information. So my questions are what else do I need to do or have in place? Any special licenses? as my uncle already hauls for somebody but told me he would drive for me once I get everything started. Any other details I would have to do to get this up and running? It will be just me and my uncle for starters.

if u are going to be a dispatcher, then nothing! your uncle will need to have his own authority or motor carrier license(mc#)! if he does not have a motor carrier license(mc#) you will have to get a motor carrier license and lease him onto you! the better way would be for your uncle to get a motor carrier license and you dispatch for him! you need no license for this because you are not a broker you will work for him or his company as a dispatcher!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Dev in Renton, Washington

48 months ago

I can send you detailed information that I aquired over time cuz I am working on to start my own dispatch too. email me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

lakhwinds in Bakersfield, California

47 months ago

itte123 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Iam a new truck dispatcher. I need drivers to run under my new company. I have all we need (the DOT NUMBER, MOTOR CARIERR NUMBER, so if you are a driver or know one please connect me with him/her via my email address, thank you.

helllo just wana know wht kind freight u haul

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Val in Lincoln, Nebraska

46 months ago

Dev in Renton, Washington said: I can send you detailed information that I aquired over time cuz I am working on to start my own dispatch too. email me

Dev, I would much appreciate any information you have collected. I am gathering information myself but it is slow and tedious and would be mighty grateful for the help.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mhd Nashville in Smyrna, Tennessee

44 months ago

Hi friend,

any one who can help me the necessary file documents to create in Truck dispach office, any materails for help, web site, write up nd etc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

jtrent in Lawrenceville, Georgia

44 months ago

I have considered starting the same sort of company. I have owned a few different businesses. I am familiar with the necessary paperwork to start the business. I would possibly consider doing this with you. What knowledge of the business would you be able to contribute?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

boris@bxtinc.com in Mundelein, Illinois

44 months ago

Dave in Seattle, Washington said: Most of the truckers/carriers work with 30 days credit and also almost all of the brokers pays in 2 days with a 2% fee.

Correct. I'm with Freight Broker Company " Blackjack Express,Inc.,"blackjackexpress.net" and know that for sure.We offer the same to O/Ops. But you've mentioned working direct with shipper.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

scott b in Milford, Connecticut

44 months ago

jtrent in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: I have considered starting the same sort of company. I have owned a few different businesses. I am familiar with the necessary paperwork to start the business. I would possibly consider doing this with you. What knowledge of the business would you be able to contribute?

jtrent, my name is Scott I would like to make up a plan for you to look at. I can set up a business plan for the dispatch of loads "coast to coast". please let me know via email if you are interested in partnering with me in the future. Sincerely, Scott B.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

scott b in Milford, Connecticut said: jtrent, my name is Scott I would like to make up a plan for you to look at. I can set up a business plan for the dispatch of loads "coast to coast". please let me know via email if you are interested in partnering with me in the future. Sincerely, Scott B.

Gentlemen, just in case you will need loads from West coast: WA,OR,ID,UT,CA to the Midwest and back from Chicago-Millwaukee we have direct accounts year around. So welcome anytime. Good luck in starting your business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Seattle, Washington

44 months ago

Are you a broker or what? How you want to deal this? can you please email me the details? at sukhman@yahoo.com...Thanks. Scott can you also send me the details how you can help us out?.. thanks to you too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Dave in Seattle, Washington said: Are you a broker or what? How you want to deal this? can you please email me the details? at sukhman@yahoo.com...Thanks. Scott can you also send me the details how you can help us out?.. thanks to you too

Yes,we are freight broker company and dealing with O/ops & dispatchers.I can give you more info if you need.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Scott B.
Don't know your email address but yes I am insterested to parterning with someone to get this started.
You can email me at jtrent51@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Boris,
I would love to have more info. Whatever you have would help. Contact me at jtrent51@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Seattle, Washington

44 months ago

you mean 9/7/10 not 7/7/10. right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Devin in Seattle, Washington

43 months ago

I thought Scott is going to post some information on business plan on 9/7/10

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Zach in Algonquin, Illinois

42 months ago

Do i need start company to be a Independent dispatcher?
what paperworks i should do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Chris Zach in Algonquin, Illinois said: Do i need start company to be a Independent dispatcher?
what paperworks i should do?

Get MC# and DOT#

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Arthur in Burbank, California

41 months ago

Hi im planning on learning the business of truck dispatching. any information or help you guys have would be awesome!.. please email me @ chehaara@yahoo.com... THANKS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Arthur in Burbank, California

41 months ago

Dev in Renton, Washington said: I can send you detailed information that I aquired over time cuz I am working on to start my own dispatch too. email me

Please email any info you have to chehaara@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tiandre Bryant in Wichita, Kansas

41 months ago

Please read my profile and get back with me. Looking to start the 27th of this month. I excel in getting shippers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BAWINDER in Manteca, California

41 months ago

me in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: I already have a driver(my uncle) and for now this is enough for me. I have the web sites from which I will get the load information. So my questions are what else do I need to do or have in place? Any special licenses? as my uncle already hauls for somebody but told me he would drive for me once I get everything started. Any other details I would have to do to get this up and running? It will be just me and my uncle for starters.

hey there i just lost my job from one company i am a owner operator but i want to like look for my own loads and like being a dispatcher i oqn a truck so i was looking forward f anyone can provide me with the information of wat to get to start with ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

balwinder in Manteca, California

41 months ago

thanks borris for replying but what documents are needed to be filled and how does everything works out ??

Boris in Mundelein, Illinois

41 months ago

balwinder in Manteca, California said: thanks borris for replying but what documents are needed to be filled and how does everything works out ??

Hello, there. Please send me your phone # to boris@bxtinc.com. Too long to wright things. I'll explain to you faster by phone.
Thanks.
Boris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ss in Manteca, California

41 months ago

Boris in Mundelein, Illinois said: Hello, there. Please send me your phone # to boris@bxtinc.com. Too long to wright things. I'll explain to you faster by phone.
Thanks.
Boris

Hi Boris, can you please provide me step by step information to become a truck dispatcher. Thank, My email id is neverlogon@hotmail.com

ss in Manteca, California

41 months ago

Hi,

I use to drive trucks but now i am looking to start my own dispatch company, if anyone can provide me all the information to do so, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks
SS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dispatch Business in Houston, Texas

41 months ago

samm in Manteca, California said: do i need a license to start my own dispatch business or just a mc and a dot number i just want a short run in ca so do i need a mc for that and how much does a mc cost and im looking for a good broker to release me short haul loads in ca

Hello samm in Manteca,

I reside in the state of Tx. and in Tx. there are no special licenses required in the state of Tx. to start your own Dispatching Business, with that being said, all states have different requirements and you would want to check with your local governing licensing agencies and verify that there are no special licenses required for your specific state. If you are a truck driver and would like to find your own loads, you are able to utilize any available load boards to find freight and contact shippers on your behalf, but as a truck driver, it is required to have either your California Dot and US Dot to just run California only or your Mc and your US Dot if you plan on running all 48 states. In reference to looking for a good broker to tender loads to you, there a lot of brokers out there, but do understand, brokers are not dispatchers, there jobs are to move the loads on hand for as little money and as quick as possible, a broker may find you a load going out, but they do not necessarily focus on trying to find you a backhaul. That is where a good dispatcher will benefit you or you dispatching yourself is also an option, but realize this can be very time consuming for you as a driver, when you could have someone doing that for you, while you drive and make the money. I hope this information was helpful and feel free to contact me should you have any additional questions. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

samm in Manteca, California

41 months ago

thanks for your reply but would you like to dispatch for me from texas here in california for short hauls

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dispatch business in Houston, Texas

41 months ago

samm in Manteca, California said: thanks for your reply but would you like to dispatch for me from texas here in california for short hauls

Hello Mr. Samm in Manteca, if you are interested in our dispatching services for your business, please contact me via email @ foreverfreedom1@sbcglobal.net and I will be more than happy to go over the details with you.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

if you are going to go in other states then you need a mc number! but where are you gonna get your loads from like a broker etc and what kind of equipment are you going to use like a dry van ..... flat bed ... provide me more information and i'll tell what kind of insurance you would need and ill be happy to assist you thank you samm ok email me BACK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gabe in Atlanta, Georgia

40 months ago

I'am gonna use Reefer, Van, and Vented Van for now. I am planing to use internettruckstop.com or getloaded.com to find loads. Do I need both MC# and DOT# or just MC ? And Which credit company do you suggest I use ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

are you going in other states as well please provide me your email

Gabe in Atlanta, Georgia

40 months ago

My email is gebamutwg@gmail.com yeah am planing on going to different states.

Nikie in Armstrong, Iowa

40 months ago

I am looking at starting my own dispatcher job from home. I wa wondering if anyone can send me some information on what I need to do to get started Android what type of forms that I need. Or if anyone needs help with dispatching. Please email at countrygirlniowa@hotmail.com. Thanks

40 months ago

you would need your equipment and usdot and let say your mc number which is your authority!

Nikie in Armstrong, Iowa

40 months ago

samm in Manteca, California said: you would need your equipment and usdot and let say your mc number which is your authority!

What type of equipment? I have computer, internet, printer, and phone what else do I need.

Jesus & millie collazo in Saint Cloud, Florida

40 months ago

dispatch business in Houston, Texas said: Hello Mr. Samm in Manteca, if you are interested in our dispatching services for your business, please contact me via email @ foreverfreedom1@sbcglobal.net and I will be more than happy to go over the details with you.

Thank you

Hello my name is Jesus, I saw your reply to sam, I am asking if you can provide me with the information on your training, I to have been searching info on how to open a dispatch service. this is my email findatruck@ymail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bgray@universal-logistics.ne in Houston, Texas

40 months ago

samm in Manteca, California said: thanks for your reply but would you like to dispatch for me from texas here in california for short hauls

Hi Samm in Manteca, just wayed to see if you got hooked up with a dispatcher to help you with loads from Texas to California

40 months ago

hey there i am still looking for a trailer and the thing is im looking for short hauls here in just california

Xena in Cleveland, Ohio

39 months ago

Hi, My husband is a truck driver and want's to open his own Dispatching busniess. I have no idea where to start. He has dot# and mc#,licences ,where do find companies to haul for , how do i charge them, what kind of mapping program should I have for giving directions ,and any esle I should know. please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (87) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

judi in Booneville, Arkansas

36 months ago

Does anyone know anything about this company? Response time???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wheelman666 in New Paltz, New York

36 months ago

judi in Booneville, Arkansas said: Does anyone know anything about this company? Response time???

are you reffering to CAPS or what company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

loadzap in Santa Clara, California

36 months ago

Hi guys and gals. We are currently working on a free dispatching software that may make it easier for your dispatching service. Check us out at www.loadzap.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

yilliam2011 in Nashville, Tennessee

34 months ago

I have the driver already that is my uncle. He is having two truck. I just need to know what I have to do to start as a dispatcher. He already has his MC#. I'm here in Louisville, ky.
Do I have to look for an specific broker or they will be contact me by email or do I have to get a sofware to get the loads.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

34 months ago

scott b in Milford, Connecticut said: jtrent, my name is Scott I would like to make up a plan for you to look at. I can set up a business plan for the dispatch of loads "coast to coast". please let me know via email if you are interested in partnering with me in the future. Sincerely, Scott B.

Scott- i just completed a broker/agent course and would like to partner with you. Email me so we can talk. MidnightExpressFreight@gmail.com. looking forward to speaking with you!

Patty in Sterling Heights, Michigan

33 months ago

I would be interested to get that information. I am looking into dispatching and trying to get some information on working from home and can use this information. MUCH appreciated! my e-mail: qosaj@sbcglobal.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Valentyna in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

Hi im planning on learning the business of truck dispatching. any information or help you guys have would be awesome!.. please email me valya2533@gmail.com Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

H Parmar in seattle, Washington

33 months ago

I want to start truck dispa,tch bussiness.plz let me know where to start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

H Parmar in seattle, Washington

33 months ago

I need help how to start truck dispatch business.where to start?plz email me @ parmarabc@gmail.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Izi in Fort Myers, Florida

33 months ago

Can you tell me if you found additional information in starting your own Dispatch Service? Thanks....

Izi

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.