I would like to know where can I go to get education on being a dispatcher

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shirley gilkey in Memphis, Tennessee

80 months ago

where can I go to be a dispatcher

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

misty nicholson in Portland, Oregon

79 months ago

i am curious as to where the best possible place is to get the training i need for employment in dispatch work. I also am looking for a place not too far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

James in Douglasville, Georgia

79 months ago

There are several schools you can find on line. They are specialized for FAA , 911 (Emergency Response) and Locomotive. If you are interested in any of these specific fields I would go to companies of interest and contact a human resources person for further information. Most states have a 911 certification program. BNSF Railways lists a train dispatch certification program on their site.

If you are interested in LTL or automobile transportation dispatch training I wish you luck. That is more of a on the job experience. Your best bet is to either know someone who can make a referral to a specific company. It is who you know ....

Another path is to find a position with a company you want to work for and wait for an internal posting. That is how I got my first dispatching position in the waste services industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Korkey in Fort Worth, Texas

78 months ago

shirley gilkey in Memphis, Tennessee said: I would like to know where can I go to get education on being a dispatcher

I am a dispatcher in the trucking industry. I got all my education by on the job training. To get into that type dispatching you almost have to have a working knowledge of trucking and logistics. I have been in trucking for over 30 years and I also grew up in it. Also to be a dispatcher of any kind, you MUST be a people person. Good Luck in your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kimberly in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

I worked for UPS and differnt HVAC companys, there are alot of differnt fields you can go into for Dispatching.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

scott forest in Jacksonville, Florida

62 months ago

Kimberly in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania said: I worked for UPS and differnt HVAC companys, there are alot of differnt fields you can go into for Dispatching.

what did the HVAC job entail because I am applying for that position now

scott forest in Jacksonville, Florida

62 months ago

PLease tell me about HVAC dispatch work...

wiggins in Roselle, New Jersey

52 months ago

shirley gilkey in Memphis, Tennessee said: I would like to know where can I go to get education on being a dispatcher

there are onlines schools you can takes classes i myself am currently checking out these options, as i lost my dispatch job in Jan, and having a hard time getting back into trucking.
So far i like this one the best, it's not per say college, but school where you can learn what field you want.
check out Institute of logistical management in www.logisticseducation.edu otherwise the other schools look for transportation/logistics/supply chain those will take you where you want to go. good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.