Technical operation,dispatcher

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Nicol in Cape Coral, Florida

74 months ago

I would like to know where can Igo to get education on being dispatcher and technical operation

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nicol in Cape Coral, Florida

74 months ago

I would like to known where can Igo to get education on bbeing dispatcher and technical

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Eddie Sand in Emmaus, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

Nicol in Cape Coral, Florida said: I would like to know where can Igo to get education on being dispatcher and technical operation

The term "dispatcher" covers a wide range of positions in any number of industries. Most involve highway transportation in some form, but the railroads also need dispatchers -- the job there is experiencing a sudden upsurge in demand, and the pay is much beter, but you work in a very structured environment, and the trend among the major carriers in recent years has been to concentrate employment in the company's headquarters city; there are only seven major rail carriers in North America.

To return to motor fleet dispatching, the vehicles in question can be anything from taxicabs, to full 18-wheel tractor-trailer rigs. Generally, the smaller the vehicle, the lower the pay, but you also get the opportunity to pick up the basic skills and sharpen them while you earn. Probably, the most important skills to develop are the ability to communicate verbal instructions in a logical and consistent manner; helps if you're good at reading and following maps.

It's also a good choice for the introvert or "lighthouse-keeper" type of personality who would rather work at non-traditioal hours, or either alone or in a small group.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.