TIPS FOR STARTING YOUR OWN TRUCK DISPATCHING BUSINESS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (34)

MonYeh in Rex, Georgia

18 months ago

Sherrijgrotts in Branson, Missouri said: It breaks my heart to see so many people hurting, desperately wanting to do something that will help them survive this horrible economy crisis we're having right now.Starting your own Truck Dispatch business is a good idea ONLY if you know what you are doing! You really need some sort of experience with the Trucking Industry, i.e. owning your own truck or prior experience working in a Truck Brokerage or for a Trucking Company. I don't care how much $ you pay for training from some of these Dispatcher training companies - there is no better teacher than EXPERIENCE. You don't need any special license, MC#, DOT# or anything like that. The Owner Operator with their own authorities, or the small trucking company that requests your services is your boss. You operate as their office help under their authorities. Getting your experience - starting out working to help family or friends who have their own truck is the best way to start. Let them teach you how to work with the Shippers or Brokerage firms. They will be your firs boss. Remember - YOU WORK FOR THEM! Make sure you understand exactly what they are looking for as you talk to the Brokers or Shippers. Also, make darn sure you get everything in writing! Also - I don't care who you are Dispatching for - get your pay via comcheck before you ever dispatch them on the load or you may never get paid at all! If you want more tips - please advise. Thanks, Sherri

Hi Sherri , I concord about the comcheck! You have great advise. I'm looking for drivers that need a dispatching service!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MonYeh in Rex, Georgia

18 months ago

Hi Sherri , I concord about the comcheck! You have great advise. I'm looking for drivers that need a dispatching service!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cbenton in Columbus, Georgia

11 months ago

Hi anyone that can help me I have a couple of trucks and like to start my own trucking company and dispatching don't really have any help at all!!! I have drivers for them but I have been leasing my trucks to companies that take 20% to 25% of the gross and shaving off the top by the time i pay for gas and pay drivers its really not worth it,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

firmharmonyllc@aol.com in Middletown, New York

10 months ago

cbenton in Columbus, Georgia said: Hi anyone that can help me I have a couple of trucks and like to start my own trucking company and dispatching don't really have any help at all!!! I have drivers for them but I have been leasing my trucks to companies that take 20% to 25% of the gross and shaving off the top by the time i pay for gas and pay drivers its really not worth it,

please e mail me I can help right firmharmonyllc@aol.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Caps in Houston, Texas

10 months ago

Caps Dispatching Services offers simple and thorough training to individuals who would like to start their own Truck Dispatcher Business from home. It doesn't matter if you are looking to service other Independent Owner Operators or a family member, this training can give you a strong foundation to becoming a very knowledgeable and effective Truck Dispatcher. Visit www.dispatchmytrucks.com
for more information on Starting A Home Based Truck Dispatcher Business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Caps in Houston, Texas

10 months ago

Caps offers Private One on One Training sessions to individuals throughout the U.S. and Canada interested in starting a Truck Dispatcher Business from home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sartins in Dallas, Texas

10 months ago

I have a company that built for and to help owner operating with making money and
Not loseing it what we do is really simple and straight forward we dispatch trucks and lease on trucks .so if you r interested in making money in trucking .feel free to contact me at sartins@hotmail.com and leave a phone number and I will call you back .any time iam here to help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

sartins in Dallas, Texas

10 months ago

cbenton in Columbus, Georgia said: Hi anyone that can help me I have a couple of trucks and like to start my own trucking company and dispatching don't really have any help at all!!! I have drivers for them but I have been leasing my trucks to companies that take 20% to 25% of the gross and shaving off the top by the time i pay for gas and pay drivers its really not worth it,

I think I can help u if u want to email at sartins@hotmail.com my name is kevin I would be glad to explain how I can help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MonYeh in Rex, Georgia

10 months ago

Hi,

I'm available and ready to dispatch. Inbox with details on your needs or concerns.

MonYeh in Rex, Georgia

10 months ago

Holly said: I'm looking for some help to get started on becoming a dispatcher for my dad. He owns his on truck but he would like me to help him find loads if you could help me with anything just email me at jan86_04@yahoo.com thanks

Let me know if can answer any specific question! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MonYeh in Rex, Georgia

10 months ago

sartins in Dallas, Texas said: I think I can help u if u want to email at sartins@hotmail.com my name is kevin I would be glad to explain how I can help

Inbox me any question. I will do my best to assist you! I'm searching for Owner operators to dispatch loads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jarvis Johnson in Atlanta, Georgia

10 months ago

I've been offered a change to finally let:3 Corp America and be my own boss. I would like any tips, advice, guidance you would be willing to share with me to help me be a successful. I've been researching the difference between a Broker vs Dispatcher and it's clear that right now I am prepared to become a dispatcher.
I am also looking for the equipment and tools I need to get to build my home office for success also.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Jarvis

Jarvis Johnson in Atlanta, Georgia

10 months ago

My email is: greenlight_09@yahoo.com

CAPS in Houston, Texas

7 months ago

Caps Dispatching Services offers Comprehensive Private 1 on 1 coaching for how to start a successful Truck Dispatcher Business from Home. Low start up cost and the training can be taken at your own personal pace. No Prior experience needed to start a Truck Dispatcher Business from home. For more information, please visit: www.dispatchmytrucks.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CAPS in Houston, Texas

7 months ago

Truck Dispatching can be a very profitable business. It is the decision of the business owner to decide what to charge based on what services you are providing and what those services entail. Although you can charge what you would like and make a very good living operating a Truck Dispatcher business, it is very important to always be mindful of your competitors, any business has to and just know that it is up to you to operate your business ethically and honestly. If you are in business for yourself, you of course want to be sure that you are profitable and that you are not working for free, but you also want to be sure that you are also concerned about your customers. Any business can charge an outrageous amount for services and or products but that doesn't mean that it is necessarily going to be in the best interest of the customer. Giving a break cost wise to the customer is never a foolish thing, it is simply making a good business decision. Whatever a business chooses to charge for their services and/or products, that should be respected and if someone does not agree with what one business may charge for their services and/or products, that is their right and opinion, but it is just that, an opinion. Truck drivers overhead is already excessive, anyone that is looking out for their best interest, is far from foolish. It is not always about all of the money that you can get from someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CAPS in Houston, Texas

7 months ago

I agree with a lot of what Freight Broker states. A lot of the dispatcher services that are being provided are not up to Par, meaning , as Freight Broker States, you get what you pay for and less is not always better. With that being said to be an effective Truck Dispatcher, it is more than just searching for freight for the drivers, there are a lot of variables that factor into providing good dispatcher services, all of what Freight Broker states. $2.00 per mile is a fair rate overall, but once again what Freight Broker states depending on origin of truck, the type of equipment, lanes of travel, freight being hauled, transit time needing to be met, circumstances of pu and delivery of the load, all of these things will factor into the rates that are being paid for these loads. The drivers operating expenses are definitely their responsibility, but once again, no matter what type of business you are in, it is never anything wrong with being concerned about your customer. If you are planning on starting any type of business for yourself, it is okay to listen to others and what they have to say, but I encourage all to do their own due diligence and find out as much as one can about the industry that you are looking to get involved in. You also want to make it your business to know your business. Be sure in your business, that you are charging for your services the time and effort that you devote to providing your services. As I stated in a previous post, we are all in business not only to make money, but to make a profit. Be sure to charge what your services are worth, those that find the value in what services you provide will be more than happy to pay you for them. Those that are looking to get something for nothing will find that their are a lot of Dispatch services like that out there. You will get what you pay for and you will not get what you are not paying for.

Tim in Brooklyn, Michigan

7 months ago

Has anyone gotten with you to dispatch your truck?
I’m currently working for a freight broker agent as a load coordinator, and would like to become an independent dispatcher. Lets talk.

7 months ago

I know, if I start dispatching trucks independently, my Landstar agent will can me.

Mrgood23 in Manchester, Kentucky

6 months ago

Have you got anyone to dispatch your trucks I have about 5 years in dispatch I would love to here from you are anyone else that would like for someone to dispatch there trucks god bless email is adamhoskins@msn.com

6 months ago

Have you found a dispatcher yet?

My load dispatch service company was started to help the small trucking company. I will find shippers for you, and cut out the middle man as much as possible, so the money stays in your pocket.

I will take the time to look for your next load while you drive and/or handle your other trucking responsibilities.

My dispatch service fees are:

Basic Service Plan: No Invoicing – $50.00 per load.

Premium Service Plan: Includes Invoicing (Fax, USPS) – $75.00 per load.

Platinum Service Plan: Includes Invoicing (Fax, USPS), Unlimited Collection Calls, if needed - $100.00 per load.

Steve in Saint Louis, Missouri

6 months ago

Hi Sherri!
I am a Independent Driver. I have a 16 Footer Truck. I'm trying to find loads in my area. Could you Please! Let me know where to start! Thank You Very Much!

6 months ago

Hi Sherri!
I am a Independent Driver. I have a 16 Footer Truck. I'm trying to find loads in my area. Could you Please! Let me know where to start! Thank You Very Much!
My email is IGB.Incorp@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Hi

My email is IGB.Incorp@yahoo.com.

PDO Logistics in Hollywood, Florida

3 months ago

Our company is expanding and looking for experienced freight dispatchers to work from the comfort of their own home.

We have a never before used system. Working with the best brokers & a factoring company that pays you & the carrier, so no collections are necessary.

We are also looking for owner operators with 1 to 5 trucks to dispatch for.... no obligation.

jennapdo@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer at A1 Dispatch in Lexington, Kentucky

3 months ago

If you are looking for a high quality, professional dispatch service, please contact A1 Dispatch. We have years of experience, and are all former owner operators or spouses of owner operators. We know what it takes to keep your truck running and feed your family! We maximize your pay, and understand sometimes you just need to be home with your loved ones! Email Jennifer@a1dispatch.com We can handle power only to supersized. If it has wheels- we can dispatch it.

Caps in Houston, Texas

2 months ago

Caps Dispatching Services offers Comprehensive Private 1 on 1 coaching for how to start a successful Truck Dispatcher Business from Home. Low start up cost and the training can be taken at your own personal pace. No Prior experience needed to start a Truck Dispatcher Business from home. For more information, please visit: www.dispatchmytrucks.com
Caps also provides Truck Dispatching Services to Common Carriers. We will keep you Loaded, Moving and help you to stay Profitable.

George Whitmore in Albuquerque, New Mexico

2 months ago

Mrgood23 in Manchester, Kentucky said: cbenton in Columbus, Georgia said: Hi anyone that can help me I have a couple of trucks and like to start my own trucking company and dispatching don't really have any help at all!!! I have drivers for them but I have been leasing my trucks to companies that take 20% to 25% of the gross and shaving off the top by the time i pay for gas and pay drivers its really not worth it,

Have you got anyone to dispatch your trucks I have about 5 years in dispatch I would love to here from you are anyone else that would like for someone to dispatch there trucks god bless email is adamhoskins@msn.com

I'm a dispatcher with PDO, a professional dispatching company.
We provide a NO Contract service to find loads specific to you, in the lanes you want, at the rates you want.
No Forced Dispatch here.
We handle all the paper work and billing.
We provide 7 day a week support;
I love what I do and enjoy the people I work with on a daily basis.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

2 months ago

We provide a NO Contract service to find loads specific to you, in the lanes you want, at the rates you want.
No Forced Dispatch here.

2 months ago

MonYeh in Rex, Georgia said: Hi Sherri , I concord about the comcheck! You have great advise. I'm looking for drivers that need a dispatching service!

No Forced Dispatch here.

Ms. Washington in Lawrenceville, Georgia

1 month ago

Hello!! I'm Dispatching and trucking consulting company located in Buford GA, we have been in business 14 years. If you are still looking for help email me at qualityoperations3@gmail.com. We can get you some cost effective help.

Ms. Washington in Lawrenceville, Georgia

1 month ago

Hello!! I have a Dispatching and trucking consulting company located in Buford GA, we have been in business 14 years. If you are still looking for help with starting up your trucking business and Dispatching, email me at qualityoperations3@gmail.com. We can get you some cost effective help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nanabea32@gmail.com in Lawrenceville, Georgia

5 days ago

Ms. Washington in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Hello!! I have a Dispatching and trucking consulting company located in Buford GA, we have been in business 14 years. If you are still looking for help with starting up your trucking business and Dispatching, email me at qualityoperations3@gmail.com. We can get you some cost effective help.

www.atldispatcher.com/

Rob in Rogers, Arkansas

1 day ago

I am wanting to start a home Truck dispatch company. I have had about 3.5 years experience as a Operations Broker. I dispatch everyday and also implement different strategic plans for customers to move freight efficiently. I am about done working under someone else and would like to be on my own.

Now I have the experience but I want to know what are all the tools I am needing to complete this and be successful. I have a handful of owner operators that want me to assist them. I want to start small and work my way up. If anyone has any pointers and or advice I would love to hear you out. Please shoot me an email....

Muhammad in Cambridge, Massachusetts

1 day ago

i have dispatch company . we are providing dispatch service to satellite and cable industry . if any one want to make any deal about truck dispatch contact me thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.