Have premit for CDL license and need help in getting CDL license

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 97)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Josefina Daywood in New Braunfels, Texas

85 months ago

I went to Roadmaster Driving School. And bombed my second driving test at DPS. And need help to get my CDL license. I went through a 6 weeks of training and need a chance to get my CDL license. Is there anyone that can help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (408) / No (72) Reply - Report abuse

Michel McCoy in Sumter, South Carolina

81 months ago

I have my cdl permit. I need to work to pay mortgage and can't afford to go to school. Is there a trucking company that will let me work while driving with company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (880) / No (104) Reply - Report abuse

yvette harris in Gonzales, Louisiana

80 months ago

What do I have to do to get a CDL license and get paid or
like a trainer paying job while learning to get CDL license

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (197) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

Joseph Combs in Rock Hill, South Carolina

77 months ago

How or who do i need to see about getting help getting Cdl permit , and assistance with paying for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (101) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Caleb smith in Columbus, Ohio

77 months ago

What can i do to get into a course to get my CDL even though i have a past criminal record?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (117) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

Dave

76 months ago

I would recomend looking at the companies that offer recruit driver training, Like Stevens Transport, CR England, JB Hunt, Schnieder to name a few. Theres a ton of them out there. They will either conduct the training with you at thei facilities or pay for the training at a school if you agree to work for them for "x" amount of time. All four of the above comapnies are good starter companies. The best training being with schnieder as they have a skid pad so you can experiance a jack knife (in a controlled environment) first hand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Teklu Woldegebreal in Newark, New Jersey

73 months ago

I need to get my cdl driver license. I do have the permit license
Can you help me?. Thank you wally.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Junior in Lakeland, Florida

71 months ago

jason in Zionsville, Indiana said: I had a felony conviction back in 2003 and I am trying to get a prehire so that I can start cdl school, but I am having trouble finding companies that are willing to give a chance since this was a possesion charge. Does anyone have any ideas. I tried Werner and Schneider but both said needed seven years. Please help I have a family to support and am needing to get the ball rolling.

Your felony is about 5yrs old right? Depending on the month of conviction. Most companies go by the CONVICTION DATE not charge date. I have one also(much older than yours) and I had a hard time too. I found this place on the internet DRS, Inc. The website is (Englandtransport.net). They are helping me with my schooling and training(they are paying for it). I leave for training in about 2wks. Also the schools are located out-of-state. Check out the website it should help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

corey holmes in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

70 months ago

what truck you give me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

terrence boyd in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

i am trying to get into a c.d.l school and they are telling me that i need a pre hire letter first i need help i need to get to work i am also an ex felon trying to get my life right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

showaman in Rosedale, New York

67 months ago

I have a cdl permit and need a trucking company to help me getting the license so i can work with them and repay them. I have been drivig trucks in the country i'm from for over fifteen years(15)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

joey1979 in Brandywine, Maryland

66 months ago

I also was convicted in 2002 and am havin hard time finding employment or help with CDL training i have CLass A permit and CLass B CDL X endorsement but everyone sees that felony on your record and it is oh no let's go to the next app. I don't understand the discrimination of X felons. we are human and i can't understand none of this I have a wife and 2 kids to support and have been unemployed for 4 months Walmart or McDonalds won't even hire me. I have no clue what's wrong. I have been searching everywhere here in Md. Dump Truck jobs concrete truck jobs nothing no hire. I know alot is this recession but still is someone out there who can help?? I am straightening my life out and no one gives us credit i have been off probation for almost 4 years but no one wants to think we have changed. If you agree let's do something about this discrimination. They say it isn't but we know it is, why else are we unemployed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bjo1972 in Decatur, Indiana

66 months ago

joey1979 in Brandywine, Maryland said: I also was convicted in 2002 and am havin hard time finding employment or help with CDL training i have CLass A permit and CLass B CDL X endorsement but everyone sees that felony on your record and it is oh no let's go to the next app. I don't understand the discrimination of X felons. we are human and i can't understand none of this I have a wife and 2 kids to support and have been unemployed for 4 months Walmart or McDonalds won't even hire me. I have no clue what's wrong. I have been searching everywhere here in Md. Dump Truck jobs concrete truck jobs nothing no hire. I know alot is this recession but still is someone out there who can help?? I am straightening my life out and no one gives us credit i have been off probation for almost 4 years but no one wants to think we have changed. If you agree let's do something about this discrimination. They say it isn't but we know it is, why else are we unemployed?

Have you heard anything yet? Email me and let me know. I am in the same situation as you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

steve me in highland, New York

65 months ago

joey1979 in Brandywine, Maryland said: I also was convicted in 2002 and am havin hard time finding employment or help with CDL training i have CLass A permit and CLass B CDL X endorsement but everyone sees that felony on your record and it is oh no let's go to the next app. I don't understand the discrimination of X felons. we are human and i can't understand none of this I have a wife and 2 kids to support and have been unemployed for 4 months Walmart or McDonalds won't even hire me. I have no clue what's wrong. I have been searching everywhere here in Md. Dump Truck jobs concrete truck jobs nothing no hire. I know alot is this recession but still is someone out there who can help?? I am straightening my life out and no one gives us credit i have been off probation for almost 4 years but no one wants to think we have changed. If you agree let's do something about this discrimination. They say it isn't but we know it is, why else are we unemployed?

Joey this is how our government controls what people do and how much money they can make. I too was convicted at a very young age for some stupid crimes classified as felonies. I am now 50 years old and still have to hold my head low because I am not considered a law abinding citizen even though I am required to pay taxes just like everyone else. America is no longer a free society when you can hold things over peoples heads for their inter life. It's all about conrtol and seems the people who run for elected positions in this country today are all rich and want to keep it that way, so the poor folk can't compete with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aries5 in Lakeland, Florida

65 months ago

I know. It is a shame that we have to live this way. I agree because I am a convicted felon. Mine is 11yrs old and it is very hard. I also have a CDL A and can't find a job. So again, I am with you man, let's fight for our rights!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

steve me in highland, New York

65 months ago

Joey what were your convictions for? and does your state have the certificate of good conduct or certifiacte from disabilites? If so you might want to go to your parole agent and have one filed. These cerificates would help alot when you file for a job. Look into it it may be helpfull to you. Steve

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

cher8be in Arlington, Texas

65 months ago

please call are e-mail me i also feel this way thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

cher8be in Arlington, Texas

65 months ago

i feel this way please contact me cher8be@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

joey1979 in Washington, District of Columbia

65 months ago

Hey ya'll nope still unemployed but I like the way everyone actually comments back and also my convictions conspiracy to commit Grand Larceny. What kind of crap is that conspiracy lol. I am gonna keep trying though. I am fixin to be movin back to Texas I am gettin sooo frustrated. At least their i can get a job on a oil rig or something. Thx ya'll for comments. Talk to you laters. BTW Comp went out it is why it took me sooo long to rspond

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Don't get Cdl in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

Don't waste your time I went through Schneider's school Jan 2005. And it was a big mistake. CDL jobs suck they don't pay what I thought they would. You have to work very long hours, get up very early, work weekends. To even make anything. If I had the choice to do it again I wouldn't. I am checking into welding school or anything else like that. Trucking sucks take from me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mz. Silky in Covington, Louisiana

65 months ago

Hi i went to coastal college in LA and got my CDL it's tricky but you can do it try this site out and if can score good on these test i recommend you to take your test again and be careful because one word will throw you off. When you read it put yourself in the driver seat at the time when you answer the question my only problem is getting a local job now GOOD LUCK......

www.CristCDL.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jj in Saint Peter, Minnesota

65 months ago

joey1979 in Brandywine, Maryland said: I also was convicted in 2002 and am havin hard time finding employment or help with CDL training i have CLass A permit and CLass B CDL X endorsement but everyone sees that felony on your record and it is oh no let's go to the next app. I don't understand the discrimination of X felons. we are human and i can't understand none of this I have a wife and 2 kids to support and have been unemployed for 4 months Walmart or McDonalds won't even hire me. I have no clue what's wrong. I have been searching everywhere here in Md. Dump Truck jobs concrete truck jobs nothing no hire. I know alot is this recession but still is someone out there who can help?? I am straightening my life out and no one gives us credit i have been off probation for almost 4 years but no one wants to think we have changed. If you agree let's do something about this discrimination. They say it isn't but we know it is, why else are we unemployed?[/QUOT

should have thought about that before the trouble now tell all the youngsters your story dog i do feel for you thou

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Caleb smith in Columbus, Ohio said: What can i do to get into a course to get my CDL even though i have a past criminal record?

should have thought about that before the trouble now tell all the youngsters your story dog i do feel for you thou

-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Junior in Lakeland, Florida said: Your felony is about 5yrs old right? Depending on the month of conviction. Most companies go by the CONVICTION DATE not charge date. I have one also(much older than yours) and I had a hard time too. I found this place on the internet DRS, Inc. The website is (Englandtransport.net). They are helping me with my schooling and training(they are paying for it). I leave for training in about 2wks. Also the schools are located out-of-state. Check out the website it should help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

steve in Clintondale, New York

65 months ago

jj in Saint Peter, Minnesota said: should have thought about that before the trouble now tell all the youngsters your story dog i do feel for you thou

-[/QUOTE you don't know what circumstances were involved with this persons life but like an ahole are ready to make yourself look stupid by making baseless remarks. Maybe it should have been you who was put in a situation where things didn't quite turn out the way everone likesin life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

jj in Saint Peter, Minnesota said: should have thought about that before the trouble now tell all the youngsters your story dog i do feel for you thou

-[/QUOTE you don't know what circumstances were involved with this persons life but like an ahole are ready to make yourself look stupid by making baseless remarks. Maybe it should have been you who was put in a situation where things didn't quite turn out the way everyone likes in life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jose in Worcester, Massachusetts

65 months ago

can a person whife a felony get is cdl licens

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

jose in Worcester, Massachusetts said: can a person whife a felony get is cdl licens

Hey Jose, the answer to your question is yes. But first I think you might want to get a few spelling classes under your belt before you try. It's really good to know how to spell on the test when you take it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

geerwan in Newark, Ohio

61 months ago

i have a cdl license,but i have only 1 month of driving experience,every place i call they d say they require at least 6 months ,by the way i got my training through swift,no kidding,do u have any idea about any companies that might be willing to train unexpreienced drivers?i d appreciate it a lot,thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

peez1012 in columbus, Ohio

59 months ago

jason in Zionsville, Indiana said: I had a felony conviction back in 2003 and I am trying to get a prehire so that I can start cdl school, but I am having trouble finding companies that are willing to give a chance since this was a possesion charge. Does anyone have any ideas. I tried Werner and Schneider but both said needed seven years. Please help I have a family to support and am needing to get the ball rolling.

Hey did you ever find a company that was willing to give you a chance Im in the same situation

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

socialworker in Watertown, Connecticut

57 months ago

there is a program that states offer to get your criminal history erased if you have stayed out of trouble for 5 years for a felony or 3 years for a misdemeanor.. Or if you are looking for it just for employment purposes, there is a provisional pardon that you can apply for.. Hope that this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kdub in Hempstead, New York

55 months ago

Josefina Daywood in New Braunfels, Texas said: I went to Roadmaster Driving School. And bombed my second driving test at DPS. And need help to get my CDL license. I went through a 6 weeks of training and need a chance to get my CDL license. Is there anyone that can help me.

TestQuestionsAndAnswers.com
Stop Searching. Know the Answers BEFORE your Drivers License Exam!
Call us at

Our experts are here to help you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

duo in Wallkill, New York

55 months ago

kdub in Hempstead, New York said: TestQuestionsAndAnswers.com
Call us at

If you failed your second road test I would say look for another occupation. Failing two road tests shows your not ready and don't have the basic knowledge for driving a truck. These vehicle are not toys and just by trying to get past a road test isn't going to make you a good driver. You need to know and have the ability to understand every thing about driving one of these vehicles and I find it scary that someoen who couldn't past the test twice is still looking to go a third time. What happens if you past the test the thrid time? does that now mean your fully knowledgable and now posses the expertise that is reguired for this occupation now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

GE in Suffolk, Virginia

55 months ago

-

People who have a crime on their record such as a felony are among a pool of people who have been caught for a crime. This pool of
people does not take into account the ones that have not been caught. If one looks hard enough most everyone has commited a felony at one point in there life. More cops, more felony convictions. More felony convictions, more courts. More courts more lawyers. More lawyers ,more parole officers. More parole officers, more prisons. More prisons, more guards. More gaurds, more ect. Honestly felons create jobs. If the system cannot accept that people can change then the system will itself will creat felons just to stay alive. Stop creating felons and ther would be mass unimployment. Well maybe that would be okay, and maybe illegal aliens are taking the only jobs that people who have a crime on their record such as a felony can get. work is work and people in numbers are powerful.Let them hand felonies out like candy.

Pepe in Lockeford, California

54 months ago

Can I get a cdl with a misdameanor vandalism charge and a 5 year old DUI charge

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JJackson in Indianapolis, Indiana

54 months ago

I am trying to find an experienced CDL driver to handle work in Indianapolis and surrounding cities. Up to Chicago and down to Jeffersonville, Kentucky is usually the farthest we go. Pay is 35% profit to driver which is usually between $800 to 1100 a week. The pay really is good, but hard to find drivers who are experienced. Home on the weekends. The truck to be used is a 2003 Kenworth with a nice cab, bed, refrigerator, microwave. We pay cash weekly. We carry steel coils. If anyone knows someone that would fit this position PLEASE let me know. Or if anyone knows where a good place to find drivers... that would be great too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Louise in Covington, Georgia

54 months ago

Mz. Silky in Covington, Louisiana said: Hi i went to coastal college in LA and got my CDL it's tricky but you can do it try this site out and if can score good on these test i recommend you to take your test again and be careful because one word will throw you off. When you read it put yourself in the driver seat at the time when you answer the question my only problem is getting a local job now GOOD LUCK......

www.CristCDL.com

I passed my cdl exam because of that website!! I couldn't believe how every single question on the practice tests were on the actual test!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

T in Seattle, Washington

54 months ago

how long do you have to wait to get your cdl back when you were reported for drugs test failure.

Kentrucky in Lexington, Kentucky

54 months ago

ABOU ANAS in Columbus, Ohio said: IT IS POSSIBLE TO PASS CDL TEST WITH FRENCH OR ARABIC LANGUAGE

Federal Rules state that drivers be able to read and write in english. When I went to get permit, a hispanic man went up to examiner with a paper saying he needed interpreter and was turned away for lack of english knowledge

54 months ago

T in Seattle, Washington said: how long do you have to wait to get your cdl back when you were reported for drugs test failure.

It might be state specific but, in Kentucky manual it is 1 yr if under influence. The problem you'll have have is carriers require 5 years and some never to be considered. If you were working in DOT sensitive job.it is on your DAC report and will be difficult for you. Proof of substance abuse counciling or rehab might help your chances, but be prepared for regular testing. Also it is up to the medical examiner to deem you fit for card.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

I had a heart transplant in 1999 and have recently been cleared by transplant cardiologist to drive commercially. I was driving (class B)before I got sick in 1996. I've applied to every school out there and have been turned down due to them not being able to place me. I've applied to all the company training carriers with pretty much same results. I realize lack of recent work experience is a factor,but some companies considered my college work. Basically, what it comes down to is they try and find a way to make the transplant disqualify me according to their policy. I was working with Swift and did all the pre academy things (Got DOT med card,passed their online CDL training,and got permit). Had Academy date for 3/22 and now I'm told they want to review the paperwork Doc submitted(heard that song and dance before). I'm 45 and know I can outwork a good number of drivers out there today. Anyone out there who wants to train a competent drug free hard working individual send me an email. Get me off Social Security and back to work as a functional member of society!

oafranklin in Nanuet, New York

53 months ago

Michel McCoy in Sumter, South Carolina said: I have my cdl permit. I need to work to pay mortgage and can't afford to go to school. Is there a trucking company that will let me work while driving with company?

did you find anything?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

oafranklin in Nanuet, New York

53 months ago

did you find work?

doinitbig in Opelousas, Louisiana

50 months ago

i have my permit but i cant find some one in louisiana to do a road test can some one help me

soltaurus77 in Endicott, New York

49 months ago

I have just graduated from a crediated school in Liverpool NY Called NTTS, I have my CDL A Permit. But had a hard time getting my licience i only took it twice. I can't afford paying for a truck each time they said it would cost me $125 for the truck and $40 for the test. I Can't keep driving back and forth to Liverpool it will cost to much in gas. I realy would like to drive over the road. I have alot of expeirience in driving for the military and I have served proudly in Iraq twice. IF anyone could help this discouraged veteran out I would gladly appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

soltaurus77 in Endicott, New York

49 months ago

Josefina Daywood in New Braunfels, Texas said: I went to Roadmaster Driving School. And bombed my second driving test at DPS. And need help to get my CDL license. I went through a 6 weeks of training and need a chance to get my CDL license. Is there anyone that can help me.

Trust me we are in the same vote I just failed my second test and I feel the same way as you. I graduated from a crediated school with 10 weeks of training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

biggeorge in Washington, District of Columbia

48 months ago

Dude,good point, however, it's more dynamic than that. Employers know they can take advantage of ex-cones because they know it's hard to find another job. Most other companies won't hire felons because if their own customers find out they have ex-cons working for them. THey may lose business. IT's all b.s and a game. You have to keep on fighting.

leonelmoronta@aol.com in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

I completed training, smith and solomon driving school in 07, had hard time finding job also. Came to the point where i lost hope. Luckily there was a sneaky low down instructor at the school who was always looking for ways to make money.He purchased his own tractor and went thru about 20 drivers before giving me a call. I drove for him religously never missed a day of work,keep in mind he would rob me blind when it came to pay.The company i pulled freight for never knew it wasn't him driving,until almost 2 years later when i had to deal with dispatch directly.kept it up like that for a little longer became cool(and by cool not friends but when crap runs came up i did it)with dispatch and explained my situation to dispatch, i love the work-5 to 6 times a week from raritan,nj to joppa,maryland but i dont want to work for this owner operator anymore.Eventually i was put in and now im to the point where im a lease operator same company. have never left and companies who would not allow me to pull their freight my bosses insist to the directors of transportation for that corp. ,or com, to allow and make exception for me. To all of u keep your heads up,the only difference between an x con and someone whos not is you have to prove yourself every step of the way. SOME ADVICE--If you qualify get your twic card and go to the piers and docks.Same situation,owner operators with crappy tractors and crappy work but it will get you a paycheck and your name will get around.Keep in mind the twic card is to get you on the dock or pier,the (relationship) between the owner-op and dispatch will assure you consideration in getting you in.(relatioship=$$$$$$)personal experience

JANOS NEMETH in Honolulu, Hawaii

45 months ago

kdub in Hempstead, New York said: TestQuestionsAndAnswers.com
Call us at

HELLO I LOVE TO HAVE ALL THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION,BUT HOW I CAN
CONTACT YOU? OR EMAIL YOU? CALL YOU IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PHONE
NUMBER OR EMAIL. ARE YOU REAL? ARE YOU joking? SO SHAME THAT
PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE TIME FOR SCAM AND LIE TO PEOPLES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

JANOS NEMETH in Honolulu, Hawaii

45 months ago

IF THIS IS YOUR DREAM TO DRIVING A BIG TRUCK? WORKING FOR
SUCCESSFUL COMPANIES, I THINK IT'S BETTER TO MAKE YOUR DREAM
COME TRUE AND STEP ON THAT ENDLESS ROAD TO PROVE YOUR SELF,THAT
YOU CAN DO IT. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET YOUR CDL LICENSE LOOK FOR A ( DRS,Inc. ENGLANDTRANSPORT.NET) YOU CAN FIND A USE FULL INFORMATION FOR YOUR FUTURE CDL LICENSE. IF YOU SEE,THAT SOMEBODY TRY TO SALE A CDL TEST DON'T PAY A TENTION THATS SCAM,EVERY STATE
HAVE THEIR OWN DRIVING AND WRITING TEST!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.