electronic technician employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

khan3378 in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana

54 months ago

I recently graduated top of my class with an associates degree in electronics yet still can't find employment in my field. Every place that I have applied to tells me that I lack the work experience. But isn't going to school and doing the labs and the projects considered as experience? Did we all just sit down in class and read from a book and then just take a test and that was it? I didn't think so. I think its a shame how the job structur has changed. I mean one minute they used to tell us you couldn't get a job with a high school diploma, or decent job without a college degree, now its that you lack the experience. Well how do they expect us to get the experience someone has to be willing to hire you, but it seems that none of these companies wants to shell out the money to train us. I'm even looking for employment through an on the job training program and still no look. If anyone knows of any company willing to take someone fresh out of school please let me know. I'm currently residing in Louisiana but I'm willing to relocate anywhere even at my own expense

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rob 1981 in Tyler, Texas

53 months ago

Look at Halliburton.jobs they have some openings for electronic technicians. I know of one for sure in kilgore, TX but check for anywhere you would be interested. best of luck.

khan3378 in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana

53 months ago

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jerald rhodes in Pottsboro, Texas

53 months ago

Sir, the best advice I could possibly give you is get your BSEE degree. Get it now before while your in the zone.
When I graduated it took 6 months to get hired with help.
20 years later I'm laid off with few options. My company got rid of all the technicians (ASEET) and hired BSEE replacement.
These days the cable repair man has to have an ASEET. I know you didn't want to hear that, but you can bank on it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ScatCat in Beaverton, Oregon

53 months ago

jerald rhodes in Pottsboro, Texas said: Sir, the best advice I could possibly give you is get your BSEE degree. Get it now before while your in the zone.
When I graduated it took 6 months to get hired with help.
20 years later I'm laid off with few options. My company got rid of all the technicians (ASEET) and hired BSEE replacement.
These days the cable repair man has to have an ASEET. I know you didn't want to hear that, but you can bank on it.

That incredibly stupid of the company. All the company has now is a group of engineers that will bolt if they do not get an engineer job.
If you want a BSEE to be an engineer but to bee a bench tech all you are getting is low wages and 35,000+ in student debt. Find a better company.

ronaldhorton@yahoo.com in Chicago, Illinois

36 months ago

I like to repair television and radios on the bench with hand tools and a electronic tester to locate the defects and repair them. I like working on air-conditioners,refrigation and heating.I also like to repair automobiles with electronic test equipment and repairing mechanic defects in oder to keep these vechicles on the road.I like to read schematics and blue prints.

powercontrolservices.com in Lafayette, Louisiana

28 months ago

Go to powercontrolservices.com employment tab and apply there. We are always looking for entry level electronic technicians.

kim.bacaro@yahoo.com in San Juan, Philippines

20 months ago

ronaldhorton@yahoo.com in Chicago, Illinois said: I like to repair television and radios on the bench with hand tools and a electronic tester to locate the defects and repair them. I like working on air-conditioners,refrigation and heating.I also like to repair automobiles with electronic test equipment and repairing mechanic defects in oder to keep these vechicles on the road.I like to read schematics and blue prints.

We almost have the same skills and knowledge, I found one of the mining company in the Philippines who need that kind of experiences. I think, you should find one in your place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

carri in Rockford, Illinois

20 months ago

khan3378 in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana said: I recently graduated top of my class with an associates degree in electronics yet still can't find employment in my field. Every place that I have applied to tells me that I lack the work experience. But isn't going to school and doing the labs and the projects considered as experience? Did we all just sit down in class and read from a book and then just take a test and that was it? I didn't think so. I think its a shame how the job structur has changed. I mean one minute they used to tell us you couldn't get a job with a high school diploma, or decent job without a college degree, now its that you lack the experience. Well how do they expect us to get the experience someone has to be willing to hire you, but it seems that none of these companies wants to shell out the money to train us. I'm even looking for employment through an on the job training program and still no look. If anyone knows of any company willing to take someone fresh out of school please let me know. I'm currently residing in Louisiana but I'm willing to relocate anywhere even at my own expense

Why not try Motorola in Illinois. or the midwest area who seems to have all the jobs right now.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.