how to find a job as an assistant wedding planner

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

jen in Mount Holly, New Jersey

68 months ago

tmp in collingswood, New Jersey said: how do i find a job thats is hardly ever posted?

Hey you are near my area I am planning a fundraising dinner dance in June for Alziehmers would you be interested in helping it would give you event planning experience! let me know email is jencarley@comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Selly Soetarso in Phoenix, Arizona

67 months ago

I also am very interested in having a career in event planning industry. I don't have any formal education in event planning but have administrative and design background and have planned a few events for friends and families and also company events and meetings for my previous job.

I have tried to call a few event planner in town but haven't get any luck.

I wonder if I have to get a certification first before looking. Is it important?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

tmp in collingswood, New Jersey

67 months ago

Selly Soetarso in Phoenix, Arizona said: I also am very interested in having a career in event planning industry. I don't have any formal education in event planning but have administrative and design background and have planned a few events for friends and families and also company events and meetings for my previous job.

I have tried to call a few event planner in town but haven't get any luck.

I wonder if I have to get a certification first before looking. Is it important?

it probley would help to get certified but it sounds like you already have a pretty good background maybe you should try re writing your resume showing your planning strenghts and experience. you could also try to volunteer for events to get more experience and that might give you some connections to get your foot in the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Hanover Park, Illinois

53 months ago

I will be getting certified in Event Planning in June. I have experience in planning many events, mainly social events. Looking for more experience in the CHicago area. If anyone needs help, I would glady help for experience. No CHARGE of course!

Please let me know. Would like to know the ropes etc.. loveandlaugh21@yahoo.com.

THanks Dee

isy24 in Campbell, California

52 months ago

Im a 15 year old girl trying to find a job as a wedding planner's assistant and would love it if you hired me thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

isy24 in Campbell, California

52 months ago

Im a 15 year old girl living in Campbell, CA. I am looking for a job as a wedding planner's assistant if you have any opene\ings thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Alaina Marie Becker in Ione, California

52 months ago

I too am looking to be an assistant to a weddin planner/event coordinator. I am taking a new path in my life and am wanting to do something I love for a change. Does anyone know of where I can look near me? I live near Sacramento, El Dorado Hills, Shingle Springs, Elk Grove, ect....

nakhizi@yahoo.com in Boynton Beach, Florida

51 months ago

I too am very interested in learning more about Event Planning. I will be very interested in helping anyone free of charge so that I may gain experience

Alicia M in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

I live in Los Angeles - I'm a senior at USC and would love the opportunity to be an intern or help out any event planners in the area. Please help! I have some experience but want more!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Watts in Sherman Oaks, California

51 months ago

I am really interested in learning more about event planning, especially wedding planning. I would love to talk to someone who has experience in the business that might be able to give me some insight on how to get into the business and what skills are useful to suceed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

carolmcculloch1 in Murrieta, California

40 months ago

tmp in collingswood, New Jersey said: i tried that most places tell me they are not looking, i think its another who you know industry.

I agree with that its who you know these days sorry

elegantaffairs84@gmail.com in Prospect, Connecticut

39 months ago

Any one looking for a volunteer in the business, contact me at elegantaffairs84@gmail.com. I want to gain experience, so that I can get into this business.

dynastydesigns4u@yahoo.com in Lakeland, Florida

39 months ago

I soooo agree it's about who u knw... Meanwhile i'm looking for work it's hard but i keep going. I will do volunteer work sooo i can learn more I also am looking for so me one that i can work hand to hand wit...

nbrooks820@yahoo.com in Youngstown, Ohio

31 months ago

I just received my certification as a Wedding and Event Planner. I need experience but no one is willing to hire me. I would like to have some experience before I can venture out on my own. Is there anyone in my area willing to help me? I'am a good worker and very dependable. I would settle also for a short internship.Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

melaniesouffront@gmail.com in Palo Alto, California

30 months ago

I am in the process of looking into starting my education in this field. I do not see to many wedding planners in this area. If anyone needs some assistance, please contact me. I am very excited about starting this new career path. Please email me. Thanks.

tissa maes in Sacramento, California

30 months ago

I am interested in getting some experience in event planning and I would like to start by assisting. I am very much of a team player and I am creative.

carolmcculloch1 in Murrieta, California

30 months ago

I have am almost finished with my Wedding planing classes where do I go from there to find a job uin Riverside CA ?

Dani in Sacramento, California

29 months ago

carolmcculloch1 in Murrieta, California said: I have am almost finished with my Wedding planing classes where do I go from there to find a job uin Riverside CA ?

Hi Carol,

Which course did you take, if you don't mind my asking. There are so many out there!

Dani

Mwhitely in White Plains, New York

8 months ago

I haven't had too much experience in wedding/event planning, but I am hoping to gain more knowledge about the industry. If anyone is looking for an intern, volunteer or assistant I am up for the responsibility. I do not require any compensation, only hands on training. I can provide a cover letter and resume if considered - You can contact me at mwhitely14@gmail.com.

thanks!

Jennifer DeLuca in Vancouver, British Columbia

7 months ago

Its like I just wrote in my reply to another post, the vast majority of wedding planners are self employed or own their own businesses. Its just the way the industry works. Statistics show that about 85% or more of wedding planners are independently employed, they don't have "jobs". Its therefore very difficult to get a job as a wedding planner, and even as an assistant wedding planner. You'll find it a little easier to get a job as an assistant wedding planner than as THE wedding planner, but you still wont find a lot of opportunity there. On top of it, pay rates for assistant wedding planners are generally very low, like minimum wage or close to it, so its really hardly worth it to work for that little. Especially when you consider how much more you can make by going out on your own. I'm self employed, have my own wedding planning business and am doing pretty well considering I only recently got started. Actually its going better than I thought it would and I'm really having a good time. I get paid pretty well for the time I put in, and I'm doing work I love. I cant imagine settling for minimum pay as some other wedding planner's assistant when I can be paid a lot more for the same number of hours being independently employed. Just something to consider!

Mary Stratton in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

3 months ago

Try to find a suitable event management company which provides internship training( little compensation would be an additional advantage).

www.montagepromo.com/

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.