Event Planner with some experience seeks advice.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

yvie in Dallas, Texas

32 months ago

I'm an Event Planner who's trying to build a porfolio in the Dallas metro area. I recently moved here from Los Angeles. I have experience in wedding planning, corporate parties, fundraisers, birthdays (for all ages) and small gatherings (I.e. dinner parties and showers) which took place at various locations including Central Park in NYC. Most recently, I was planning corporate department events at Warner brothers in Los Angeles. I've been planning events for the past 10 years but have just now decided to make an official business out of it.

Does anyone have any advice onto how to "break" in the Dallas metro area? I don't know anyone here so I don't know who to ask.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tyra in Cedar Hill, Texas

25 months ago

Yvie,

I'm in the same boat. Did you find out anything?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yvie in Dallas, Texas

24 months ago

I found out a few things but it seems to be better to start your own. Message me privately and we can chat if you want to know more about what I learned and who I reached out to. my email--wwny82@gmail.com

-yvie

Mary Stratton in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

5 months ago

It's good to know that you've decided to start your own business. Now you have vast exposure to the market and you will get a chance to learn lot of things. First of all makes some connection in the market through which you can get genuine clients. Hire a reliable and trust able crew. Good luck for you future.

Event management company-www.montagepromo.com/

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.