Software testing for EA position?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Liz in Federal Way, Washington

50 months ago

I have a second interview this week for an EA position, and I was told to prepare for testing in Word, Excel and Publisher (2003 versions - I've been using 2007 for several years, so I'm brushing up and trying to remember the changes). Has anyone been through something like this before? What was involved?

I'm not too concerned, since I've been using all three for 15+ years... but you never know :)
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Donna Cristino in Hackettstown, New Jersey

48 months ago

Liz in Federal Way, Washington said: I have a second interview this week for an EA position, and I was told to prepare for testing in Word, Excel and Publisher (2003 versions - I've been using 2007 for several years, so I'm brushing up and trying to remember the changes). Has anyone been through something like this before? What was involved?

I'm not too concerned, since I've been using all three for 15+ years... but you never know :)
Thanks!

I've been asked to test and I refused. As you I've been using2007 suite for several years and am in a 6 figure salary. I considered such a request a simple lack of judgment and more of an interviewing pattern instead of a personal attention. I did not want to work for such a company. Besides, believe it or not, using the software every day is one thing and passing the test is different. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Waggoner in Murphy, North Carolina

46 months ago

Hi Donna,

I'm a retained search consultant and I've been trying to find you to connect for networking purposes about an Executive Assistant position. Actually, it's a VIRTUAL position, as all members of the company work virtually. The position supports the CEO of the company and he's a high profile figure in the Washington, D.C. area. Geography isn't important, since this is virtual, but will still be a 50-60+ hour a week position.

I'll be happy to share more information with you or others who may benefit from hearing about the opportunity.

Many thanks!
Lisa Waggoner
lwaggoner#research-connection.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Waggoner in Murphy, North Carolina

46 months ago

Oops...email is lwaggoner@research-connection.com

Many thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.