Female CEOs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Laura in San Francisco, California

67 months ago

I've been an EA for about 15 years and for the last 8 have been the EA for the President/CEO of a nonprofit foundation. Since my company is closing, I'm interviewing with the (female) CEO of a for-profit business next week and wondering if anyone feels there's a difference between working with female C-level execs v. male. I'm actually looking forward to it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sharon in Washington, District of Columbia

64 months ago

Laura in San Francisco, California said: I've been an EA for about 15 years and for the last 8 have been the EA for the President/CEO of a nonprofit foundation. Since my company is closing, I'm interviewing with the (female) CEO of a for-profit business next week and wondering if anyone feels there's a difference between working with female C-level execs v. male. I'm actually looking forward to it!

YES- there is a difference, and one I don't particularly care for. I think I was very lucky with the President I originally worked for- He was kind, and never lost his temper. I have worked for several female presidents and vice presidents in temp positions and in two perm. It seems that the women who have made it to the top, are there because they have worked hard, and can manage revenues and finances, not because they are particularly good with people, or business operations. They are less tolerant, and don't seem to coomunicate their needs as well, and do not listen or want your input. I recently interviewed with a female CEO and it was the worst interview of my life. She kept me waiting 1hr and 45 min,
seemed to resent the whole interview process, and focused on anything negative she could find in my resume. She was brutal, as if to be saying I'll find your achilles heel, and show you why you are not good enough. At least with men, they may think I'm not good enough, but they don't make me feel like a loser. I'm not particularly attractive so it's not like I have any plusses in that department. I just think women CEO's are much tougher, and question why an intelligent woman would "settle" for being an admin, rather than a top exec. My answer is that we all have our skills, mine is in supporting the person who makes the decisions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.