Compass Group

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Willy in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey

71 months ago

With all corporate business such as compass, restaurant associates and so on...process usually takes 2 weeks atleast to revise each application. I've applied there just two days ago...I wont be expecting a call for a month atleast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

frank furia in New York, New York

71 months ago

Chef Rob in Concord, North Carolina said: Does anyone have any suggestions for getting in with compass group. I apply online and hear nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Rob,
It would depend on the sector that you want to apply to. Chartwells and FIS apply in July/August as they are school feeding and hire during summer months. Eurest, RA, Flik and the rest is an ongoing process. There are many opportunities in all parts of the country, not just N.C. If you want to relocate.
Go to Realopportunities.com They have all the listings of each sector. Also Note that Compass has just taken over all of the Verizon accounts throughout the US, so there are alot of postings for them right now. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chef Rob in Concord, North Carolina

71 months ago

Thank you for the tips.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

doctorgirl in Spartanburg, South Carolina

42 months ago

Chef Rob in Concord, North Carolina said: Does anyone have any suggestions for getting in with compass group. I apply online and hear nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Just skip this company. This is the type of company that promises the moon, lollipops and rainbows to get you in, then they use every means to degrade, demoralize and demean their employees. I know from first hand experiences. I see the pain they have caused in my family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

firstclasshotelchef in Brooklyn, New York

38 months ago

I fully agree with doctorgirl. They do promise the world and offer attractive benefits. However, after much networking, this company is full of crass, unreliable, and unskilled management. They lack the integrity and leadership they boast about. They have a long history of legal troubles (just do a docket search). Even in the job description for chefs " [sic] our chefs dont use a recipe book and dont use microwaves." I've seen their chefs use the microwave all day for their fine dining. Not using recipes really means they lack foundation. I've yet to see a standardized recipe for their pastry department. Their chefs say they're the best. I would gladly see them up against say the Ritz-Carlton or any top ten Restaurant chef. Stay clear from all of their Associated companies. You will save your peace of mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

hmb in Brooklyn, New York

38 months ago

Stay away from such a place.

muppetchef in Levittown, New York

38 months ago

Unless you want to be in the most sued hospitality company. Keep trying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

chefdavideames in Westminster, Maryland

38 months ago

They are screaming for help.
They have lots of openings because nobody wants to work for them. My friend wanted me to come on board for RA and Wolfgang Puck. I didnt know about WP, but i hear RA is a joke.

JettingtoMars in US

38 months ago

compass group sux.. they are biased and just went through court proceedings in a lawsuit on their food business side and lost the case for age discrimination in CT. I know someone who was part of it. Just saying

Chef Bullinski in Buffalo, New York

38 months ago

I would also like to give my two cents on this company. First i have to agree with the previous testimony's about this company. They do promise you everything that you are looking for in a career. Then after time they disappear. I have been with the company for four years. Everything was actually great, got responses to your questions, etc..,, Now nothing. They neglect the out of area accounts and promote all the accounts closest to them. Well I do have alot more but I will be polite. Thank you

hmb in Brooklyn, New York

38 months ago

I wish more people would post and speak the truth.

skygirl1435 in Huntington Beach, California

38 months ago

hmb in Brooklyn, New York said: I wish more people would post and speak the truth.

Have applied to Compass so many times and never a call or invitation from a recruiter or an acknowledgement of application.
What am I doing wrong? Is there a main recruitment # in MSP that y'all have access to? I keep submitting but ..no joy!
Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. Thanks! :D

Chef Thomas in Mount Vernon, New York

38 months ago

JettingtoMars in US said: compass group sux.. they are biased and just went through court proceedings in a lawsuit on their food business side and lost the case for age discrimination in CT. I know someone who was part of it. Just saying

Restaurant Associates in PA have several lawsuits as well.

Chef Thomas in Mount Vernon, New York

38 months ago

Look they promised me the Executive Chef position if i go down to restaurant chef for $75k. The woman who promises me the job moves from RA to wpuck. I never get the promotion and now im stuck working with this guy they promoted from a small account down the street. i should have stayed in philly with my staff. This company is buddy buddy and fires who dont fit in. Even the really talented ones because they dont like it when someone makes waves. Its all buddy buddy and bottom line.DONT WORK HERE.

Nigel in West Haven, Connecticut

37 months ago

Major lawsuits

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.