executive chef

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

mikewatkins92 in Carmichael, California

58 months ago

i need the starting salaries for an executive chef.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CleverChef in Santa Ana, California

55 months ago

My first executive chef job, I was paid @ 48K, but it took 10 years after culinary school to get to that level.
After about 15 years I was making @ 70K.
At 20 years I made 94K.
Now because of the ecconomy, even after 27 years in the business, I'm back down to @ 70K
It takes a long time and alot of back breaking work in the chef'ing business to get a high salary. You are better off picking another career. When I was in high school, I was going to be a commercial artist or architect, I should have stuck with that.
Culinary arts is not what you think, many people fail to get to the top as an executive chef.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rchef4u in Arnold, Missouri

54 months ago

CleverChef in Santa Ana, California said: My first executive chef job, I was paid @ 48K, but it took 10 years after culinary school to get to that level.
After about 15 years I was making @ 70K.
At 20 years I made 94K.
Now because of the ecconomy, even after 27 years in the business, I'm back down to @ 70K
It takes a long time and alot of back breaking work in the chef'ing business to get a high salary. You are better off picking another career. When I was in high school, I was going to be a commercial artist or architect, I should have stuck with that.
Culinary arts is not what you think, many people fail to get to the top as an executive chef.

I am a chef because I love what I do and have a great passion for the food I prepare. If you are in it for the money be on food network or write a cookbook. I have a degree and 27 years experience and I still look forward to work each morning!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Norton P. in Cleveland, Ohio

54 months ago

It is hard working as a chef. Yes you can make a good penny, but the people in charge a lots of times do not realize what it takes to cook and the knowledge you need to do the right job. "We can hire a younger chef for half the money." Sure you can but you also get half the experience. It is a very hands on profession and experience come with time and cannot be learned in school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.