Looking for a Chef position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

gknoll24@gmail.com in Lakewood, Ohio

69 months ago

lol worked for aramark for five years.biggest mistake of my life leaving.put family first now its all gone. good luck great company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

thepoetchef@sbcglobal.net in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

Bernard T in Apopka, Florida said: If you want to send your career down the drain put on your resume ARAMARK, SODEXHO or COMPASS... you will be not welcomed anymore anywhere else. You have no room to be yourself, you will be making HOSPITAL FOOD with HOSPITAL FLAVOR even if you are at the stadium.

STAY AWAY

So, what do you suggest?

tour chef in Parkville, Maryland

55 months ago

thepoet. Bernard T, couldn't have said it better myself. Aramark is a graveyard, it's for people that graduate from culinary school and call themselves Exec. Chefs. I've studied over in Europe in 2 and 3 star restaurants, done 2 apprenticeships and culinary school. The best experience i got was studying under 4 Master Chefs, both European, and CMC's. That's were you're going to get your credentials. Poet, just make sure you have a very, very strong classical foundation before applying for certain positions. The last thing you want to do is walk into a position and nice salary, and end up getting fired in a matter of months. Then you stand to get blackballed very easily. Believe me when I say that it's a very small network, and it stretches around the globe. That network is the one u want to be in. It's the one with 5 star 5 diamond ratings, Michelin stars, and Private clubs. So just be sure that "Executive Chef" title that may have been held previously can apply in that realm. Otherwise you may want to look for an Exec. Sous position, or even a Chef De Cuisine position at a quality spot. That's how u get your foot in the door. U may want to look at joining ACF (American Culinary Federation) and acquire certifications as well if you already haven't. I hope this may help a bit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mamameza in Swaziland

31 months ago

Good Morning
I am looking for an Executive chef, I have over 30 years of experience in hotel industry, 4* and 5* group international, I am looking for a good job in Africa, I speack french and english.
I am free immediatelly,
Please contact me at steph@swazi-window.net
Many thanks
Cordianelly
SL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mamameza in Swaziland

31 months ago

Sir,

Thank you for your contact, please could you send me your e-mail for me to be able to forward you my CV at steph@swazi-window.net
Looking for the position as Executive chef for which technical skill, initiative, coaching staff and versatility are the criteria that I prefer.

With my background and my experience, I aim to integrate a company like yours to lead a team, recruit and train staff in the kitchen, overseeing manufacturing techniques, the rules of presentation and food hygiene and management of all food.
I have been the Executive chef for the Rescatore restaurant 1* Michelin guide France.
I have a large experience hotels 4* and 5* group international, I have been as well the F&b Director for Lugogo sun hotel 5* over 10 years (looking to food production, presentation, and F&B Services, menu costing…etc)
I am a very good team leader, got lot of experiences in Hr management, and I am good in PR with my customers.
I am free immediately.

Hoping to hear from you very soon, I beg you to receive, Sir, the assurances of my highest consideration.

Yours truly,

Mr. Stephane Lepissier

thepoetchef in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

This would be a great job if I was 25 or 30. I would love to do
this as it would let me use all my creative talents.
But, I have a large Dog [companion], and I don't think they are
allowed in this type of 'gig'. I love the cooking and the travel
aspect, wish I could interview for this position.
Thank you.

jmacdonald35@verizon.net in Hudson, Massachusetts

30 months ago

I am seeking a executive chef head chef executive chef position in the mass new hampshire maine or vermont area.
I have 15 plus years experience with a strong corporate background through hotels and free standing restaurants.
Eperience in both high volume catering banquets and ala carte

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Flavor in Windermere, Florida

27 months ago

Bernard T in Apopka, Florida said: If you want to send your career down the drain put on your resume ARAMARK, SODEXHO or COMPASS... you will be not welcomed anymore anywhere else. You have no room to be yourself, you will be making HOSPITAL FOOD with HOSPITAL FLAVOR even if you are at the stadium.

STAY AWAY

Yes these companies are a joke, first they want to pick you up dirt cheap and promise you the world. They make you work your butt off to serve bland tasteless Hospital Food as the same for all of there locations. Stay away from these 3 companies listed. Big talk no results.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Adrian in London, United Kingdom

17 days ago

HI Guys i'm looking for KM's to work in fantasitic american dinner.
We offer great training and high salary.
If you are interested of this job please send me an email adrian.chmiel@trgplc.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.