Top facilities coordinator skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every facilities coordinator must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your facilities coordinator expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Dragon in Pompano Beach, Florida

81 months ago

The top three traits are
People person
knowledge of the systems you are dealing with
and be organized

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Property Manger in West Palm Beach, Florida

81 months ago

Dragon, I agree with you. There are also other things, such as education in that area. Also, I noticed a trend of my own during my own interviews. Age discrimination is one trend but is not addressed since it is against the law. But, we all know that younger people are getting the jobs. Us oldies but well educated and more experienced are being pushed aside when it comes to Property Management. This is only my opinion but employees think we can't keep up with the 40 year olds. My husband was actully asked how old are you? Against the law? Yes, but still asked.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in New York, New York

73 months ago

Dragon in Pompano Beach, Florida said: The top three traits are
People person
knowledge of the systems you are dealing with
and be organized

FOLLOW UP IS CRUCIAL!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Irvine, California

73 months ago

If I had to hire someone for my position, I would be looking for someone who have the following:

a) People Skills
b) Attention to details and instructions
c) Willinginess to learn, grow, and adpt well to changes

Anything else will come with the job. Everything else can be taught as you go along. But you must be a team player with great customer service. The tenants/ customers need you to provide them with a safe working enviroment. They don't care about your workload or pay issues. so if you can't handle the high demands, then this job isn't for you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Enrique 500 in Miami, Florida

66 months ago

Cindy from NYC nailed it. Follow up is a very important. You will fail in that role if this is not in check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.