There are 'no't Really open Positions as Financial Analyst!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Rex L. Harrisen in Oceanside, California

49 months ago

there are 150 to 200 persons applying for each 'single' positions in these job sites

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DK1983 in Camarillo, California

49 months ago

I agree. I have seen very few postings lately and with the unemployment the way it is, 150-200 applicants per position is to be expected unfortunately.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RunReilly in Fairfield, Connecticut

43 months ago

Rex, where did you get that number?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cowan in El Paso, Texas

37 months ago

Low ball offers all the way too. Ivy league mba & still can't find anything decent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

angieb2b in New Castle, Delaware

36 months ago

I'm experiencing the same issue on the east coast also. The employer has the upper hand in determining who they like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris in North Hollywood, California

28 months ago

It's been four years or so now... post 2008 recession that job seekers have been experiencing difficulties. Those without a few years of directly applicable experience (read doing the same thing in the same role) find it extremely challenging.

As of today, July 7th 2012, the economy added 80.000 jobs in June. That makes four straight months of minimal job creation. Many estimates state that the economy needs to create about 200,000 jobs per month just to keep up with population growth. 8.2% unemployment remains constant.

It's not the applicants... It's the weak economy....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

28 months ago

Chris in North Hollywood, California said: 8.2% unemployment remains constant. It's not the applicants... It's the weak economy....

8.2% is a cooked number. My sister works for a school district and they had an opening for an evening, part time receptionist with benefits. They had over 1,500 applicants for that one job.

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

28 months ago

Many of these positions are temporary from 6-12 months or so then you are back to sending out Resumes and pounding the pavement.
Many of these positions also require credit checks. I have bad credit due to being unemployed for much of 2010&2011 and many offers were rescinded due to these credit card chargeoffs

downandout in Orange, California

28 months ago

1,500 applicants for a receptionist position sounds about right! TONS of people out of work and desperate to find something... anything to earn money.

Jagbir in Branford, Connecticut

28 months ago

Im sure that the number of aplications that are submitted have also increased. On careerbuilder.com after you send one application you get a page with over a hundred similar positions were you can apply with one click.

DMAN in Norwalk, California

28 months ago

Rex L. Harrisen in Oceanside, California said: there are 150 to 200 persons applying for each 'single' positions in these job sites

I have a position open that we haven't been able to fill for a Sr.Financial Analyst. Paying 80-100k in Santa Fe Springs,CA. They have to be experience in Logistics or transportation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.