Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

What are typical financial analyst salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Boise, Idaho

81 months ago

Just got an entry level financial analyst position making 35K. That is for Boise, Idaho, so salary will change with demographics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

J. in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

72 months ago

I graduated college in 2003 and I'm making $70k as a senior financial analyst.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

S in Austin, Texas

72 months ago

I received my BBA in Finance in 2004 and my MBA in 2006. I make $78,000 a year and I'm at the high end of the scale. Started off as an accountant making $33,000 a year. Got into a financial analysis role where I did very well and my salary sky rocketed.

Skills-learn Excel inside out and backwards. V-lookup, Pivot tables, if statements, graphs, complex formulas. Unfortunately, it's hard to learn these things in a class. I had great mentors along the way who have helped me. And I've read some people complain about not having enough to do as a financial analyst. If you don't have work to do-make work for yourself by looking for areas that can be improved. Present them to your manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

r in Gilroy, California

70 months ago

I just graduated in May with a BS Bus Admin (Finance) and I got offered a position as a financial analyst for the fixed assets team at my company. I will be making 46k base salary with a 8% target bonus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JF in Baltimore, Maryland

65 months ago

I am Sr analyst with MBA (graduated in 1999) . I am highly proficientin Excel and Access, some SQL etc. I make $75K

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Sugar Land, Texas

54 months ago

for you guys making $70k plus, what do your average bonus look like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Elias in San Jose, California

30 months ago

Do any of you financial analyst have any advice for us graduating seniors looking to become financial analyst?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MOETAR in Gaborone, Botswana

25 months ago

I WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH DO FINANCIAL ANALYST WHO GOT A BACHELOR S DEGREE EARN?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.