American Eagle

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 12557)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Lacey2 in oneida, New York

79 months ago

Does anyone out here work for American Eagle? Just wondering how long the average reserve was considering they are a pretty big regional. Also curious about the interview process in Dallas. Going next week, and just wanted a heads up. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Former Fly Girl in Jeffersonville, Indiana

78 months ago

Lacey2 in oneida, New York said: Does anyone out here work for American Eagle? Just wondering how long the average reserve was considering they are a pretty big regional. Also curious about the interview process in Dallas. Going next week, and just wanted a heads up. Thanks

I worked for Eagle for 4 years. If you're looking for a long term career as a flight attendant try for Continental, Continental Express or Delta. Comair would be a better bet than American Aeagle. They hire pretty much anyone that shows up and looks decent. Wear a suit and your in. The turn over is pretty high too if that tells you anything. Training was very easy if you you have good study habits. I was on reserve for like 3 months, but I'm not sure how long it's going for now. I was based in Chiocago and I think they're reserve is the shortest. Dallas and LA were pretty long.I had a good time though. It was perfect for me because I only wanted the flight benefits and didn't really want to work much. Once I got a line they were really good about letting me drop my trips. I actually called in sick for 9 months before I quit earlier this year. They were so desperate to keep flight attendants that I never even got written up for calling in. the union at American Eagle is terrible also. They're absolutely WORTHLESS! But good luck.I recommend you keep your options open and consider other airlines.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

FG in Kansas City, Missouri

78 months ago

I was wondering about AE. I submitted an app online and got an invite for interview the very next day. I'm going to go though at the beginning of December. If I get hired fine but I'm still going to explore other options as well. Thanks for that info Former Fly Girl. And I also thought that if I got some experience there that would help me get on at another airline in the future if I decided not to stay with them so we'll see.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brad in Boston, Massachusetts

78 months ago

they have decent flight benefits. you have to really really WANT to be a flight attendant otherwise you wont last - like former fly girl.

SAM in East Weymouth, Massachusetts

78 months ago

brad in Boston, Massachusetts said: they have decent flight benefits. you have to really really WANT to be a flight attendant otherwise you wont last - like former fly girl.

Hi. Nice to meet you here from Mass also. Are you a FA? what airlines? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Dallas, Texas

78 months ago

I also have an interview with American Eagle this wednesday... Besides the documents they ask you to provide on their list, such as you drivers license and passport, is there anything else I should take?

What sort of questions will they ask? What can I expect? What is their pay??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nueloh in San Juan, Puerto Rico

76 months ago

Robin in Baltimore, Maryland said: bases are in
LosAngeles Dallas Chicago Boston NY Miami SanJuan PR
you can transfer to any base you want reserve times vary from base to base: shortest time for reserve is probably Chicago or Boston, longest is Miami or LA.
Interviews in Dallas are group and 1 on 1 Be yourself, have fun

In how many time a flight attendant is able to transfer to another base??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dimples17 in Miami, Florida

76 months ago

Going on the interview on 1/31. What's the process like? And pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RachEliz223 in Arlington, Texas

76 months ago

nueloh in San Juan, Puerto Rico said: In how many time a flight attendant is able to transfer to another base??

You can put in that you want to transfer, and as soon as they get something open in the area you want, they'll transfer you. You get an unlimited number of transfers, so if you really wanted to try out all the cities, you could.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

AK1907 in Brooklyn, New York

76 months ago

Hi,to everyone!
The reason for all of us to be on this forum is Flight Attendant Career!
And I'm not exception.I submitted an application with AE,and very shortly was advised that I have been selected as a prospective candidate with possibility to schedule my interview,and two attachments with all instraction for travel arrangement.
I have pretty good experience with American Cruise Lines,hotel and restaurant business in NY, but there is one think gives me more couses to worry about...
In fact,I'm not original american and English is my second lenguage, that makes
a lot of inconvenience for me...
Also,I don't have the driver license and wonder if it's stricly required!?
How does the interview and recruiting process work? Please,share Your knowledge and experience.
I appreciate any information,advise and support.
Best Regards and Good Luck to all of You!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

islandguy in Palo Alto, California

75 months ago

dpfans in Yulee, Florida said: Hello!
I was interviewed with AE and hired! I am waiting now to get my date to start school. What I can tell you is to talk and talk alot, visit with everyone, smile, smile and smile some more. Contrary to a post above they do not hire everyone. They were quite selective the day I went, but I had a great time! I was not nervous at all and I thinked that helped as well! I cannot wait to start my new career!

Hi
When you got hired did they tell you right away or did you have to wait?
Also when you said "visit with everyone what exactly does that mean?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Isa, in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

Dpfans in Yulee, Florida

Please any idea about travel benefits?
Many thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Isa in Minneapolis, Minnesota

75 months ago

Hi Dpfans,
Thank you very much for your help.
Please,I've a few extra questions.
I'm from Brazil.Is there any agreement where I can
jumpseat for example at AA?
Also,is there any layover in RIC(Richmond)?
Last one, is there a maximum hours if u r not line holder?
Many thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ThatsQueenMary2U in Pensacola, Florida

75 months ago

dpfans....thought I would say hello. I used to live in Yulee.... My kids went to Yulee schools, although my address said Fernandina Beach, it was still off island and in Yulee! :) Are you going to commute from Jax?

I have been invited to interview... I need to make the call to schedule it. Thanks for the information.

Mary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jules1813 in New York, New York

75 months ago

dpfans in Yulee, Florida said: You, your spouse & kids will get benefits starting the day you graduate. Your parents will also get 24 one way passes per year after 2 years these change to buddy passes where anybody can use them of your choice. Here is some more info someone might like to have:
Guarantee 75 flight hours per month, start at 18.03 per flight hour & 1.65 per diem
Training 3 weeks Training then 1 week IOE training = 4 weeks unpaid - they provide room and board.
Bid schedules from the 15th - 20th of each month to determine your schedule for following month.
Reserve (on call) when you start up to a year or even over a year, no way to really determine that in the beginning. Once you are a senior flight attendant you hold a line and can work 10-18 days per month.
Most days you can fly in a row is 6, you will have 11 days off a month with at least one of those times off being 4 days.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Thank You, Dpfans!!!

You have answered the ??s that i'm most concerned about regarding pay/hours worked and flight benefits.

I live in the NY area & I have no idea how I'm gonna pay my rent if/when i get hired :0, assuming I get to stay in this area. Do many FA's have roommates and or 2nd jobs to help pay living expenses? Is that per diem pay $1.65/flight hr???

That for the great info!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Hello to everyone!
I have been selected as a prospective candidate with possibility to schedule my interview,and two attachments with all instraction for travel arrangement.
I'm planing to call and schedule my appoitment snd arrange my travel
approximately for february 6,7 or 8.
Is enybody else from new york? Lets work on it together.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sara in Brooklyn, New York

75 months ago

my interview is the feb 6th...I also live in brooklyn...does anyone know if u have to share a room with someone in training? that is for AE?

75 months ago

Also what are the questions they will be asking? Would really appreciate any info : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

What is the one on one interview like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Thank u for answering so fast...would also really appreciate any info on interview questions...very nervous...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

sara in Brooklyn, New York said: my interview is the feb 6th...I also live in brooklyn...does anyone know if u have to share a room with someone in training? that is for AE?

Hi,Sara!
I havn't scheduled my appointment yet. I have no idea how does the interview and recruiting process work..Do you.?
How many days in advance should I apply? Tomorrow,if I could apply for february 6,we can go together!?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Again...Thank u soooooooo much...That was a great help...If i am so blessed as to be picked to work for AE...do they let u know right away??? Picked to train, that is...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Isa in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

Dear Dpfans,

Thank You very much for all your help!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Thank u so much for all ur help, I can c why u were chosen..I wish u all the best and hope to c u in march... : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

dpfans in Yulee, Florida said: Yes, you will know that day if you are chosen, and if chosen you will go to medical. Be sure to take you a snack it is a long day without lunch. They are starting a class the first of Feb. but it is full so it will be March before I go, so who knows I might see you there! Good Luck!

Hi,dpfans thank you so much for sharing information!
I submitted an application with AE,and very shortly was advised that I have been selected as a prospective candidate with possibility to schedule my interview,and two attachments with all instraction for travel arrangement.
I havn't scheduled my appointment yet. How many days in advance should I apply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

dpfans in Yulee, Florida said: I will tell you what I did: I applied on a Saturday, received e-mail on Monday asking me to come for interview. Called them on Monday, set up interview for Wednesday morning, flew up on Tuesday afternoon (stayed at the Baymont)- had to entertain myself all evening but I just went and got a French Manicure (just a little walk from motel to nail place in shopping center) and something to eat, went for the interview the following morning (Hotel had shuttle)(-FYI- when you arrive in DFW you have to call the hotel to get the shuttle out to you and they also provide the one the next morning to the interview- which is really convenient!) So schedule as soon as you can I would say!

Thanks agane!
I have pretty good experience with American Cruise Lines,hotel and restaurant business in NY, but there is one think gives me more couses to worry about...
In fact,I'm not original american and English is my second lenguage, that makes
a lot of inconvenience for me...(as you said Talk,talk,talk as much ,as possible)How fluently shoul I speak English? Will be an extra point for me knowlage enother languages and my experience ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

dpfans in Yulee, Florida said: Now that I do not know. English is my only language. I think they are just looking to see if you are fluent enough to speak and listen, understand and others understand you. If that is true you should be fine. But again I really do not know since I am not actually talking to you but e-mailing. Good luck!

Your comments are so helpful,thanks!
"Why do you want to be a FA?" What is the best answer they expect from you?
I'm going to follow your advice and will call them tomorrow! And who knows,if I'm lucky see you on March.

CloudBunny in Racine, Wisconsin

75 months ago

HI,
I'm investigating AE. DOes anyone know what the call out time is for reserves? l hour or 90 minutes or...?

Also, any idea what bases they are currently hiring for?

Any hints for the interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

KAP in Boston, Massachusetts

75 months ago

there are two reserve shifts
- airport stand by (8 hours)
- home stand by (on call for 15 hours) if they do call you for a trip you have to sign in within two hours

you don't know which base until youre in training. AMR is divesting American Eagle so there are many people leaving...this is good if youre joiining the company now because you get faster seniority and are on reserve less time

They should be hiring like crazy :D DO have fun, be genuine and professional in the interview. dress conservative. be willing to move to any base they need you to, smile and interact with the others there. Qestions are easy-have a couple customer service experience stories ready to go. Why do you want to be a flight attendant...what qualities make you great....etc.

Good luck - its a fun job at Eagle and the pay is equal to mainline carriers.

75 months ago

KAP in Boston, Massachusetts said: there are two reserve shifts
- home stand by (on call for 15 hours) if they do call you for a trip you have to sign in within two hours

you don't know which base until youre in training. AMR is divesting American Eagle so there are many people leaving...this is good if youre joiining the company now because you get faster seniority and are on reserve less time

They should be hiring like crazy :D DO have fun, be genuine and professional in the interview. dress conservative. be willing to move to any base they need you to, smile and interact with the others there. Qestions are easy-have a couple customer service experience stories ready to go. Why do you want to be a flight attendant...what qualities make you great....etc.

DIVESTING: What exactly does that mean?

75 months ago

KAP in Boston, Massachusetts said: there are two reserve shifts

DIVESTING: What exactly does that mean?

KAP in Fitchburg, Massachusetts

75 months ago

HOw long on reserv just depends on how many are hired under you.
bos typically is the fastest to hold a line - little over a year...ord maybe year&half...dfw 2 years, all else longer. plus-- being a senior reserve is way better than a NEW reserve...you dont see the 5:30 am airport standby shift as much...it does get better ! :)

AirHead in Racine, Wisconsin

75 months ago

I've got an interview with AE. Any tips?
I interviewed with Skywest a few months ago & got turned down (not sure why).

I REALLY want to fly with AE....Any suggestions & guidance will be appreciated!
I'm over 40...is that going to be a problem?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

AirHead in Racine, Wisconsin said: I've got an interview with AE. Any tips?
I interviewed with Skywest a few months ago & got turned down (not sure why).

I REALLY want to fly with AE....Any suggestions & guidance will be appreciated!
I'm over 40...is that going to be a problem?

Since you have been interviewed with Skywest you already got interview experience and you have to feel yourself more confidence,don't worry about age. I'll have my interview with AE on Feb 13

75 months ago

I applied few companys et the same time,I new it might be mix up,and it is.
I've got my F2F with Delta on february 11,and February 13 with AE.
Any advise!? Pleeeeease...

AirHead in Racine, Wisconsin

75 months ago

One question asked in the past is: would u serve more liquor to someone already drunk on the plane? What are they looking for as an answer?

Do you know when they have classes begin? Do they start a new class every month on the first of the month?

...trying to plan ahead a little....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

islandguy in Palo Alto, California

75 months ago

I had an interview with them 2 weeks ago. It went really good only thing is i was told i needed an I-551 stamp on my passport (cuz i'm in the caribbean) and once i've gotten that call them and they will schedule another interview. Thing is i cant get that stamp/visa/green card unless they file on my behalf. Told them that and was told that they dont sponser visa's however when i do get it call them back. They still kept all the info they asked for so for now my FA dream is on hold. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jazz

75 months ago

dpfans in Yulee, Florida said: Airhead
When is your interview with American Eagle? Have you gone yet? Anybody else went to an interview this week? Just curious may see you guys in my March class!

I am interviewing on the 13th! I shall let you know if I get an offer...Congrats to you, wishing you all the best!

Jazz

75 months ago

Hi,Jazz! I'll have my interview on february 13 too!
Do you have overnight in the hotel before interview,if yes,which hotel?
I'll be in "BATMINT INN"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jazz

75 months ago

Hi AK, I am staying in the same hotel as well! Arriving at 1:45pm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Jazz said: Hi AK, I am staying in the same hotel as well! Arriving at 1:45pm

I'm arriving at 3.45 p.m.
If you want we can meet and work out together!?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jazz

75 months ago

Do you have facebook? If so , go to Wannabe FAs - Support Group and we can exchange information there, or myspace?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I just created frofile at facebook Anastasiya Kozlova NY,also here is my email: anasta19@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Richmond, Virginia

75 months ago

Hey all flight attendants to be. I have a interview on Feb. 19, i was wondering if others will be in the area on the 18?

Nichole in Oceanside, California

75 months ago

dpfans in Yulee, Florida said: Yes, you will know that day if you are chosen, and if chosen you will go to medical. Be sure to take you a snack it is a long day without lunch. They are starting a class the first of Feb. but it is full so it will be March before I go, so who knows I might see you there! Good Luck!

dpfans-

I was just reading all the post, I was scheduled for the Feb 5th class but got really sick and couldn't go, so now I"m in the March 4th class I think? Will this be the one you are attending?

75 months ago

hi! Everyone...after ur one on one, what is the next step to the interview????? would really appreciate any feed back from people who have already bean interviewed....Good luck to everyone else....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I really hope i get to met u Dpfans in Yulee ...u have bean so kind in answering everyones questions...thank you...my interview is feb 21...how long is the one on one...how many people are in the room with u...in ur opinion, what do u feel they are looking for...again thank u so much, and any help would be greatly appreciated...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Gosh, I just dont feel like thank you is enough. You are such a nice person...thank you once again for ALL of ur help...I wish u all the luck in the world....Sara ( with out the H ) lol...

Elena in Madrid, Spain

75 months ago

dpfans in Yulee, Florida said: You, your spouse & kids will get benefits starting the day you graduate. Your parents will also get 24 one way passes per year after 2 years these change to buddy passes where anybody can use them of your choice. Here is some more info someone might like to have:
Guarantee 75 flight hours per month, start at 18.03 per flight hour & 1.65 per diem
Training 3 weeks Training then 1 week IOE training = 4 weeks unpaid - they provide room and board.
Bid schedules from the 15th - 20th of each month to determine your schedule for following month.
Reserve (on call) when you start up to a year or even over a year, no way to really determine that in the beginning. Once you are a senior flight attendant you hold a line and can work 10-18 days per month.
Most days you can fly in a row is 6, you will have 11 days off a month with at least one of those times off being 4 days.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

------------------

Hi, I've been selected by AE as Flight Attendant. I'll be attending April's training course.
What would be the maximum salary I can earn per month if I fly more that 75 hours/month. Is it difficult to fly 100 hours? I am willing to fly as much as possible. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

KAP in Boston, Massachusetts

75 months ago

if u are looking to pick up high fly hours on days off, then base yourself in dfw or rd where there are most open time trips. i am based in boston and there are never trips to pick up. (which is fine with me, i like to fly the least as possioble, and just make the 70 hour guarantee. some months as reserve i fly under 30 hours

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.