Anyone apply to Etihad Airways?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 314)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

achixanthem in Miami Beach, Florida

71 months ago

I know they are based in the United Arab Emirates, you know, Dubai, Bahrain, etc, but I've never heard of them. I'm applying for Emirates which is based in Dubai.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (104) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

achxanthem in Miami Beach, Florida

71 months ago

Explain the application process so far....how did you get an interview, etc?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (102) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

ariana in San Diego, California

71 months ago

They email you and tell you the location. you have to be "invited" by them to attend though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Kew Gardens, New York

70 months ago

Let me know how the interview goes, I have one of the 22nd in NYC for the Onboard Food and Beverage manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

achixanthem in Miami Beach, Florida

70 months ago

Steve in NY,

I applied for that position and was turned down. I think I don't have enough management experience but enough culinary experience. *sighs*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

I had my own restaurant for 5 years I wonder if that is enough?
What was the interview like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

On Board Food and Beverage Manager is more like a chef, that is my understanding and its paid 3 times more and you are responsible for preparing all the food and make sure its served properly. But if you go on their website look under about us you should be able to find it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

maneesha in Madras, India

70 months ago

Is anything coming up in India? I applied months ago...I havent received a call as yet...I checked the site as well...nothing...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

aya in El Paso, Texas

69 months ago

my country is not that far in middle east and all i can say is that all middle east airline company are good and very indemand!! infact i am planning to apply i hope theres still available position for me..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

H416 in Los Angeles, California

57 months ago

I was in the running for a position w/Emirates but then they completely stopped all hiring right before my next interview. I'm now looking into Etihad, and am wondering what are people's experiences so far? Either in the hiring process or with living in the UAE and working for them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nina86 in Mannheim, Germany

55 months ago

H416 in Los Angeles, California said: Does anyone know the approximate monthly salary for an beginning Etihad cabin crew position? I know what it lists on the website, just trying to get an idea of what it comes out to each month. Thx.

no but i would love to know that too. i heard its about 2000Euro a months tax free, i hope thats true

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Rosie in Brisbane, Australia

52 months ago

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone was able to answer this question? I'm also wondering the same thing.

I was thinking the document upload might be a cover letter?

Also the family details section. Although it's not mandatory - would it be seen as bad if it wasn't filled out?

Lastly, the bottom for additional comments (max 200 characters) - what would this be for?

Thank you!

Rosie.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rocky in Hyderabad, India

49 months ago

hi looking for carrer in as cabin crew or else flight stewards

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Civil Liberty 101 in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

ariana in San Diego, California said: I applied to Etihad and will attend the interview on June 20th in LA.
Has anyone on here applied there before?

Be certain of both the contract and benefits -- I had friends who were pilots and crew for Emirates -- can't speak for Ethihad -- who at the beginning of the recession were told they were getting a 30% pay cut (flying more hours and for less pay) and if they didnt like it they could leave without end of service benefits -- they have no unions and in fact it is an imprisonable offence to even mention unionising.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

basanta in Bahrain

41 months ago

is any flight attendend interview is going on in bahrain??any one can help me??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Rafael in Madrid, Spain

36 months ago

shelly in Dubai, United Arab Emirates said: I live in UAE, and I wants to apply for Eithad airline, can any 1 help telling how i cn apply for Eithad airline, because its website dont say anything???

Hi! You can check also,this site: careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/ccJob.aspx
Just click on "cabin crew",then u will have more details and places for apply as a flight attendant.
Best Regards!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Donna in Quezon City, Philippines

35 months ago

Hi,

I just applied on-line for Etihad as cabin crew. It says on the site that you will be notified around 2weeks before the closing date for the position, but then the hiring for cabin crew is open ended. So how does that work?

Anyone here applied online then called for interview in Abu dhabi? I'm Japanese, but located in the Philippines for the moment and Etihad does not have assessment schedule anytime soon for neither of the countries I mentioned. I am very much willing to fly to Abu Dhabi to apply, but then you need an invitation from Etihad to qualify for an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

corina in Athens, Greece

35 months ago

hello....i had an iterview with etihad 2 weeks ago...and i pass till he final test and after 5 days i recive this:Dear Toma

Thank you for your participation in our recent Cabin Crew assessment.

Following your final interview, we are pleased to inform you that your application has been successful.

You will now be kept in our holding pool and we shall notify you when we have a Cabin Crew training course date available for you. However, should we not be able to place you on a training course within the next 6 months you may be required to reapply for the position online.

This letter does not constitute an offer of employment and you should not make any decision to terminate your current employment based on it. Your employment with us is still subject to the successful completion of the necessary clearances.

Kind regards
Cabin Crew Recruitment Team
....do u have idea what exactly means...if i was accepted...if i will start to work with them?thk u very much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

andrea a in Dublin, Georgia

34 months ago

Damien,
I just recieved my invitation to attend the AD ,but the only cities they had available were in Europe and i live in Ft. lauderdale, Florida. I see that there are interviews being held in the US, How can I change my location? i would love to attend one in the US, instead of having to take my chance in London and spend all that money on airfare without knowing if I even will get hired! Can anyone help me or do you know how i can contact them?
PLEASE HELP!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Abstar in Brighton, United Kingdom

33 months ago

Andrea- on the contact us page of etihad there is an email add...maybe worth a go emailing them and asking as I dont see why not.I noticed you have Dublin as a living location, they may have not seen the gorgia part and thought you were an Irish resident.

Could anyone please give me advice on the assessment day; e.g. each stage and what sort of things you said to the recruiters. Please dont paste a link saying info here as ive tried to follow some links and no joy.

thank you. xx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LadyLucy in Homebush, Australia

31 months ago

Hi Everyone! I just recently attended an Etihad assessment day - it went exactly as described here: www.cabincrew.com/forums/my-my-experience-with-etihad-assessment/43218/1 cheers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Huseyin in Antalya, Turkey

30 months ago

I had attended Etihad assessment day last week in Abudhabi I was tottally disappointed!!
I answered all the question correctly on 40 minutes test and then final interview was also seemed to be good but a couple of days later I got e mail that says I was unsuccessful I thought how come and I couldnot believe it then I called people I gave them as references, they said to they did not get any call from etihad regarding references and I contact my ex employers one by one they all said to me they did not get any call or email from etihad airways while I answered all question correctly and had very lovely and successful final interview and still failed I couldnot believe it at all

Guys they just look at your appearances vs.. if they like you then you re chosen

Tests, answer all the questions correctly are only story and they re willing to fail candidates than to employe them

if you re planing to travel Abudhabi for interview, think double.. you ve got only 15 percent chance or less actually if you go as food and beverage expert, think more than double
there s nothing fair over there if you go you will see !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had passed 1 hour interview to work as a restaurant supervisor at 2 AA Roset Restaurant at Gleneagle hotel Scoltland, one of best hotel in UK
how come I did not pass etihad interview in F&B expert

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

30 months ago

Hi Huseyin what are the questions like May I know what they are looking for please would appreciate your help thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

starting 9.30 and then info about Etihad airways and your job untill 11.30 then 40 minutes exam (English exam.consist of 5 categories..based on articles,filled the blank with works vs.question about one script vx then totally 10 questions about foods and beverages like what is Port wine? (this is only for F&B manager applicants) if you only success from this part then you go to final interview..final interview is they ask you problem and you need to sort out that complain last thing 20 minutes interview questions

personal appearance are very very important than Technical knowledge vs
what strikes me unfortunately they expect people to fail probably that s the reason assessment takes all day.hope its useful information
good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

30 months ago

thanks buddy for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dahlia in Borlänge, Sweden

30 months ago

Hello! Huseyin in Antalya could you please answer my question? I have attended an assessment day the 11/10-2011. But they haven't been in contact with me since 8 days now, dose that mean that I have failed the interview and will not get the job? It would be really nice of you if you could answer my question.
Have a nice day =)

/Dahlia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tash_101 in London, United Kingdom

30 months ago

Anyone who applied for multilingual global contact centre agent in Manchester? I haven't heard from them for three weeks already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Hi Dahlia
They usually answer within 2 weeks so I dont think so you fail if you applied for cabin crew so you may need to wait a bit more they answered me 3 days later as ı see that is a long process
I flew w Etihad airways also I found nothing special at all
I cannot understand why they make a lot of difficulties

cant trust them at all, dodgy recruitment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Dahlia in Sweden

30 months ago

Huseyin in Antalya, Turkey said: Hi Dahlia
They usually answer within 2 weeks so I dont think so you fail if you applied for cabin crew so you may need to wait a bit more they answered me 3 days later as ı see that is a long process
I flew w Etihad airways also I found nothing special at all
I cannot understand why they make a lot of difficulties

cant trust them at all, dodgy recruitment

Thank you for the answer =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tash_101 in Southport, United Kingdom

29 months ago

Hello guys, what do you think about this email from Etihad?

We would like to take this time to thank you for showing an interest in the position of Contact Centre Agent and attending the recent interview. We apologise for not contacting you earlier however final decisions have yet to be made. We will be in contact with you early next week regarding the outcome of the interview.

We thank you for being patient during this time.

Kind regards
Etihad Airways Recruitment Team
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to reply to emails sent to this email address.

www.etihadairways.com
The National Airline of the United Arab Emirates

I've been waiting for two weeks already since I got this mail, until now I haven't heard anything from them. Is this good or bad?:-(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ralf in London, United Kingdom

26 months ago

Hi, I have passed the phone interview and am invited to Abu Dhabi. Does anyone know how the interview is? What questions they ask?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Abseroni in Brighton, United Kingdom

26 months ago

Is this for Cabin crew? I attend an open day 6 months ago and did not have a telephone interview/ nor did I have to fly to Abu Dhabi.... You may want to check that out before up fronting a air line ticket. I went to the assessment day in London.

The assessment day was very good, even though I didn't get through. The recruitment team were very warm and welcoming. We were separated onto tables of 6, presentation on the company and UAE. Learn your UAE states and the presidents/prime ministers name. You are asked to bring forward the paper work you are emailed for visa etc...then height test, 1-2-1 interview on what is good and then what is outstanding service. simple questions. then they go through cvs and your answers. I was let go at this point. My friend who got through said there was a maths and English test then panel interview.

They are very good and the interview is completed in a day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ana_82 in Rubiera, Italy

26 months ago

Tash_101 in London, United Kingdom said: Anyone who applied for multilingual global contact centre agent in Manchester? I haven't heard from them for three weeks already.

Hi Tash_101,
Did you attended the assessment day in Manchester? I was invited on Februry and I am curious to read other people's reviews about this experience. Thanks for the info :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gugu in Johannesburg, South Africa

26 months ago

hi, i just want to know when are they coming to South Africa and when do they have assessment days in South Africa. how do i apply for a job,do i need to be experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Aspasia in Orkhomenós, Greece

26 months ago

corina in Athens, Greece said: hello....i had an iterview with etihad 2 weeks ago...and i pass till he final test and after 5 days i recive this:Dear Toma

Thank you for your participation in our recent Cabin Crew assessment.

Following your final interview, we are pleased to inform you that your application has been successful.

You will now be kept in our holding pool and we shall notify you when we have a Cabin Crew training course date available for you. However, should we not be able to place you on a training course within the next 6 months you may be required to reapply for the position online.

This letter does not constitute an offer of employment and you should not make any decision to terminate your current employment based on it. Your employment with us is still subject to the successful completion of the necessary clearances.

Kind regards
Cabin Crew Recruitment Team
....do u have idea what exactly means...if i was accepted...if i will start to work with them?thk u very much

Hi Corina!'
I had the same answer today for the cabin crew position and I'm confused with the "However, should we not be able to place you on a training course within the next 6 months you may be required to reapply for the position online" statement. Could you tell me what happened with your application?

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

mimisor1186 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

26 months ago

Hi guys!!! you have been accepted...so just be happy...what they mean in the last part is that if you can not join withing 6 months then the offer is cancelled and you will need to apply again...simple as that,perhaps you have some personal problems or maybe problems you ur current employer...they take everything in consideration...basically you will receive an email with the joining date and yu will be able to postpone it...good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

aspasia in Thívai, Greece

26 months ago

but i called them and they said that if THEY can't put me in a training course i must re apply for the position. They said that it's THEIR problem, not mine.... :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mimisor1186 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

26 months ago

Really? hmmm....in my opinion you should not be worried, seriously...what i would do if i were you i would call again and talk with someone else, usually is not the same person that picks up the phone...i believe you have more than one number, right? i am telling you all this things from my own experience...i am not working for etihad, im with emirates, but here the conceptions are the same, so please dont freak out, just call again and ask someone else...just take it logically, why should they recruit if they dont have enough places??? let me know what they said...good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ahmad_Toto in Amman, Jordan

26 months ago

i am going to attend an assessment day with Etihad soon,
Can any one advice me about the assessment day of on board F&B manager???
and what will be all the test about???
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Celeste Chang in Manchester, United Kingdom

25 months ago

ana_82 in Rubiera, Italy said: Hi Tash_101,
Did you attended the assessment day in Manchester? I was invited on Februry and I am curious to read other people's reviews about this experience. Thanks for the info :)

Hello, I had attended the AD on 13/02/12, but I haven't heard any news from them. Have u received any news?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Celeste Chang in Manchester, United Kingdom

25 months ago

Tash_101 in London, United Kingdom said: Anyone who applied for multilingual global contact centre agent in Manchester? I haven't heard from them for three weeks already.

Hello, I also applied for the same position, have you ever received any email telling that you are successful or failed at the interview? Thank you very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PJ in Manchester, United Kingdom

25 months ago

ana_82 in Rubiera, Italy said: Hi Tash_101,

Hello Ana, were u there on 13/02/12? Have you heard anything from the recruitment team?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Natt in Liverpool, United Kingdom

25 months ago

Celeste Chang in Manchester, United Kingdom said: Hello, I also applied for the same position, have you ever received any email telling that you are successful or failed at the interview? Thank you very much.

Have u heard anything from them yet?

aspasia in Athens, Greece

25 months ago

they haven't called me yet, but 4 days ago they said me an email in which they were saying that they received all the necessary clearances and that a member of the recruitment team will contact me....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cookies in Cape Town, South Africa

24 months ago

Ralf in London, United Kingdom said: Hi, I have passed the phone interview and am invited to Abu Dhabi. Does anyone know how the interview is? What questions they ask?

hi could you please let me know what questions are asked in the telephonic interview as I have mine next week. I have been for the final interview in AUH, but now just have to do the telephonic interview. I would really appreciate your feedback.

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

syachicko in Singapore, Singapore

24 months ago

hi, anyone attending 11 april 2012 assessment day in abu dhabi?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rita in Brussels, Belgium

24 months ago

Hello,
I just got mail about my aplication being successful and they will keep it in holding pool...
Is this a good news?
Does it mean that I should provide medical clearence now,to make my aplication complete or when (If) I get invited to the training?
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lauramc83 in Liverpool, United Kingdom

24 months ago

I've been invited to assessment day, but there was none in my country so have to go to Romania April 23rd, is any1 else going to this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Edel in Dublin, Ireland

24 months ago

Lauramc83 in Liverpool, United Kingdom said: I've been invited to assessment day, but there was none in my country so have to go to Romania April 23rd, is any1 else going to this?

I am attending an assessment day in Dublin on the 11th of June, if you can wait until then would be cheaper than going all the way to Romania, also if you check their website I think there were some UK dates for June on it aswell...

Lauramc83 in Halewood, United Kingdom

24 months ago

Edel in Dublin, Ireland said: I am attending an assessment day in Dublin on the 11th of June , if you can wait until then would be cheaper than going all the way to Romania, also if you check their website I think there were some UK dates for June on it aswell...

The locations have been removed since I booked Romania, I'm worried I can't change this now, Dublin or London would be ideal

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.