B.S. in Geology / M.S. in Geosciences, seeking employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Carly Jan in Orlando, Florida

59 months ago

I earned my M.S. degree in December 2008, and have since sent out over 350 resumes to companies within the oil and gas industry as well as the environmental consulting industry, with minimal luck. My background is in general geology, with an emphasis in sedimentary geology, paleoecology and paleontology. I have good grades (Grade Point Average of 4.0 out of 4.0 for 58 graduate credits), am a quick learner, possess strong analytical and writing skills, an attention to detail, a love for field and lab work and an eagerness to learn.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. My preferences for location include OH, NC, SC, and TX, although I am certainly willing to relocate nearly anywhere for the right career.

Cheers,
Carly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

old geologist in Lake Jackson, Texas

47 months ago

I am in the same boat as you. With that GPA you should apply with the O & G companies as an intern.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

old geologist in Lake Jackson, Texas

47 months ago

I am in the same boat as you. With that GPA you should apply with the O & G companies as an intern.

hais in Leiden, Netherlands

39 months ago

can you give me an update carly? did you get a job?
I am also a geologist with a M.Sc and 4 years of experience. I want to work with an operator but it is very difficult to get work with one of them. I'm currently working with a service company.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.