Multimedia Designer VS. Graphic Designer?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Raul Gonzales in Houston, Texas

71 months ago

Hello there everyone,

I was wondering what is the differenece

between Multimedia Designer and a

Graphic Designer? are they the same?

Thanks,

Raul G.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Creative Pro in Norcross, Georgia

71 months ago

Multimedia art typically works with Animation and motion graphics such as for web, power point, and flash presentations. Graphic designers tend to lean toward print and agency work for ads, packaging, and informational design for static or still work, used for print.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

MRZ.EFRON in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

55 months ago

no they are not here is da explination of the 2 im only 13 and know this ok here it is while graphic design can be the design of anything you can see printed and produced (and even onscreen) multimedia design tends to be MORE bias to on screen applications such as website, moving image etc etc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

dedwardc in La Jolla, California

8 months ago

Back in the year 2000, I got my Multimedia Certificate. It included Graphic Design, Web Design, and Motion Graphics (which is Animation & Video Production). Multimedia refers to any medium with which you get your point across. A painter's canvas is a medium. Television is a medium. A movie screen is a medium. Your computer screen is a medium. Paper is a medium. A person with the power to communicate with spirits of the dead or with agents of another world or dimension is a medium. ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Better.luck.next.time in Waterford, New York

8 months ago

dedwardc in La Jolla, California said: Back in the year 2000, I got my Multimedia Certificate. It included Graphic Design, Web Design, and Motion Graphics (which is Animation & Video Production). Multimedia refers to any medium with which you get your point across. A painter's canvas is a medium. Television is a medium. A movie screen is a medium. Your computer screen is a medium. Paper is a medium. A person with the power to communicate with spirits of the dead or with agents of another world or dimension is a medium. ;)

Thanks for this. People have lost an understanding of the difference between design and medium.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mykkmy in Gaithersburg, Maryland

7 months ago

dedwardc in La Jolla, California said: Back in the year 2000, I got my Multimedia Certificate. It included Graphic Design , Web Design , and Motion Graphics (which is Animation & Video Production). Multimedia refers to any medium with which you get your point across. A painter's canvas is a medium. Television is a medium. A movie screen is a medium. Your computer screen is a medium. Paper is a medium. A person with the power to communicate with spirits of the dead or with agents of another world or dimension is a medium. ;)

Thanks for straightening them out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.