Where to go to be Certified in HR, comeback to HR

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

tilliejune in Palos Hills, Illinois

12 months ago

Greetings All,

I am in need of your support and direction.

I find myself, after working 20 plus years in A/R field that I want to return to Human Resources. I have a total of 2 years in HR. Not counting my management experience. All total about 5 years. However, my HR experience in not recent.
I am having difficulty getting back in even as a Assistant or Coordinator.
Any suggestions??? Also, without too much expense, where can I go to be Certified in HR? I do have a BBA w/concentration in management. But the employers want more it seems.
Sure do appreciate advise from you experts! take care...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

catfish503 in portland, Oregon

12 months ago

tilliejune in Palos Hills, Illinois said: Greetings All,

I am in need of your support and direction.

I find myself, after working 20 plus years in A/R field that I want to return to Human Resources. I have a total of 2 years in HR. Not counting my management experience. All total about 5 years. However, my HR experience in not recent.
I am having difficulty getting back in even as a Assistant or Coordinator.
Any suggestions??? Also, without too much expense, where can I go to be Certified in HR? I do have a BBA w/concentration in management. But the employers want more it seems.
Sure do appreciate advise from you experts! take care...

Oh my...it sounds like I wrote this! I too am looking to get back into HR with no luck. I had 5 yrs of HR about 15 yrs ago. I have looked into HR certificates. Some local community colleges have programs along with the universities, but the programs seem about a year or more long. I also looked into my alma mater and to take three classes it will cost me around $4,000. which I don't have right now and I'm not sure if that will even help me get my foot in the door... :( Look at PHR (Professional HR certificate) or SHRM.org, I think you have to be current in HR with these certificate programs...

Tilliejune in Palos Hills, Illinois

12 months ago

Thanks for your sharing. I think I will have to work hard at persuading a potential employer with my finesse. There are some employers that would be willing to train a little more because they see a fabulous team player, it's all about personality! Then again, it is just tough world we live in right now.
Do not let yourselves be robbed of JOY!!!
Those are words from our Pope Frances!
I will check out the classes. Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

catfish503 in portland, Oregon

12 months ago

Tilliejune in Palos Hills, Illinois said: Thanks for your sharing. I think I will have to work hard at persuading a potential employer with my finesse. There are some employers that would be willing to train a little more because they see a fabulous team player, it's all about personality! Then again, it is just tough world we live in right now.
Do not let yourselves be robbed of JOY!!!
Those are words from our Pope Frances!
I will check out the classes. Good luck to you!

:-) Thanks!! Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude towards us...Keep smiling and best of luck to you!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.