HR jobs or internships?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Jessica Mooi in Naperville, Illinois

73 months ago

I recently graduated with a Bachelor of Business Admin and a concentration in Human Resource Management. I'd really like to find a job in human resources but I'm having a hard time finding anything. At this point I would be really happy with an internship to gain experience since everything I do find wants experience I don't have. Does anyone know of any internships or entry level jobs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Morgan South in Bowling Green, Kentucky

73 months ago

Im in getting ready to graduate with the same degree. It is hard to get a job without experience. I have been volunteering to help in non profit organizations human resources departments. Also, microsoft has so really cool H.R. internships... you need experience though... I would start volunteering!!! Let me know if you run into a great opportunity of have any advice for me... Ill be in your position here soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nisha318 in Lafayette, Louisiana

72 months ago

Jessica Mooi in Naperville, Illinois said: I recently graduated with a Bachelor of Business Admin and a concentration in Human Resource Management. I'd really like to find a job in human resources but I'm having a hard time finding anything. At this point I would be really happy with an internship to gain experience since everything I do find wants experience I don't have. Does anyone know of any internships or entry level jobs?

Jessica,
I'm experiencing the EXACT same problem. I graduated last year! I've learned that the HR field can be a difficult one to get your foot in the door. It seems that many employers want so many years of experience or either PHR certification. I'd recommend that you prepare and sit for the PHR certification exam (yeah I know...it's sad that the degree doesn't seem to be enough). Also, there is a company that is offering an HR Leadership and Development program, but it's located in Mass. and it's 2 years long...let me find the company site..Well..it's no longer there (was there on yesterday). They seemed to be a legitimate international company (www.emc.com). Perhaps it will become available again at some point...I was considering applying for it. Anyways, I'd recommend that you don't give up...keep applying and sit for the PHR exam. It's only given seasonally (twice per year). You can find more info on it at www.hrci.org. I hope this helps...Good Luck to you!

Nisha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.