Mental Health Counselor Wanting to Change Careers Into the HR Field

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

jiggins in Seattle, Washington

42 months ago

Hello all,

I am a licensed mental health counselor in the state of Washington. I've been working for a local non-profit for over three years and I am ready for a career change. Does anyone on here have experience with changing career paths into the HR Field? If so, how did you go about it? I've submitted my resume to various companies, but haven't heard anything back. I've looked into the PHR certification and it appears that I can take the exam after one year of HR experience because I have a master's degree. What else can I do, besides self-study and research, to put my resume at the top of the stack? Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

susyfoto in Seattle, Washington

41 months ago

please email me a copy of your resume. susyfoto@gmail.com

jiggins in Seattle, Washington

41 months ago

susyfoto in Seattle, Washington said: please email me a copy of your resume. susyfoto@gmail.com

The email account didn't work when I tried to send you my resume. Do you have another email?

susyfoto in Seattle, Washington

41 months ago

susyfotovk@gmail.com

Sam in Albany, California

18 months ago

jiggins in Seattle, Washington said: Hello all,

I am a licensed mental health counselor in the state of Washington. I've been working for a local non-profit for over three years and I am ready for a career change. Does anyone on here have experience with changing career paths into the HR Field? If so, how did you go about it? I've submitted my resume to various companies, but haven't heard anything back. I've looked into the PHR certification and it appears that I can take the exam after one year of HR experience because I have a master's degree. What else can I do, besides self-study and research, to put my resume at the top of the stack? Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, I am in the same situation, although I'm not licensed as a mental health counselor, i have my MA in it. I too want to change careers into HR. Did you find any information on how to go about doing so? Thanks.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.