Graduating:where to go from here

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Jen Jen

59 months ago

I am getting ready to graduate with my BA in HR and would like to know if I should get certifications on top of this or start my masters. I know most companies what experience just to get in the door, what is the best way to get that? I have a full time job, so it's difficult to do an intership unless it was paid. I would love any feedback that could help me further my passion. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

roasthawg in Auburn, California

59 months ago

Certification is definitely the way to go in HR. Here's a link to payscale.com for you to check out: www.payscale.com/ research/US/Certification=Sr._ Professional_in_Human_ Resources_%28SPHR%29/Salary

Here's a link to software to help you prepare for the exam if you go that route: hr-resourcestoday.com/

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

57 months ago

Do not begin your Masters unless or untill you have good solid experience. You will be over qualified with MS and hiring managers don't value that. It is all BS that hiring managers value MS. you should have good solid experience 4-5 years doing atleast three-four aspects of HR and then go for master degree, but certification would certainly help you.

Don't believe any words of your university advisors "that with a master degree you would land a job" Not true at all. they want you to stay in school all your life so school can make money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.