HELP!!! Any HR/Administrative Jobs in the Joliet Area? Either over/under Qualified

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Donna Hentsch in New Lenox, Illinois

73 months ago

I've been trying for over 120 days now. I've got 13 years experience Human Resources/Office Manager, but no degree. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, ADP's EzLabor for payroll timekeeping system, trained employees on Voxware, (voice activated software). Coordinated safety meetings in a distribution center/warehouse. HR Meetings/Employee of the Month, Year, etc. Extensive recruiting/hiring/screening of many drivers and warehouse people. Safety walk-thru inspections for a distribution center...

I have experience and no job, anybody have an idea?

I was let go when 7-Eleven bought out White Hen Stores and our distribution center doubled in size, therefore they then restructured the HR job duties requiring experience pertaining to legalities with union representation.

I've sent so many emails to apply on-line for jobs and NOBODY gets back with you because you're either over qualified or under qualified. Help Please!!! Going to be homeless soon!!! Cannot get medical card because unemployment pays too much, no food stamps. I NEED WORK!!! I'm applying anywhere from 20-50 jobs a day and some of them are repeated a few weeks/months later and still no reply...

I know I'm not the only one, as I just seen this forum and have seen alot of people in the same position as myself. I hope you guys are having some luck finding a good job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Goodgrl34 in Portland, Maine

53 months ago

I sure do feel your pain and I am sorry. I have 10+ years of Administrative Support experience plus Customer Service and Data Entry skills and a Bachelor's degree in Criminology, and have had the hardest time job hunting and its hard. Someone told me, "Job hunting is the hardest job you'll ever have." well..that person was not even kidding. I want to do a documentary on "Unemployed and Laid off People in America and how it effects/affects everyone" and its been hard to come up with ideas. I totally feel your pain and i'm tempted at those "work from home" job ads...w/out the scams. It's hard and I'm about to start my own business...well, at least considering opening up my own "house cleaning" business and Babysitting gigs...and I want a job soo badly that i'm banging my head against the wall. I am in your corner and supporting you totally and "good luck" sent your way from me. I know how you feel and I've been laid off for almost 2 freaking years now and my unemployment benefits will run out in 8 1/2 weeks from now and talk about panic mode. wow.

williama@networksgy.com in Georgetown, Guyana

50 months ago

I have been fishing for Bi-lingual HR Jobs. I've also noticed that the pay for a Bi Lingual job is at the bottom of the scale. Does this mean that you are not being paid for the use of the language as a working tool and a professional skill?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.