Boom or bust?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most hr generalist opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

Henry Lee in Waynesboro, Virginia

96 months ago

I have no idea where the jobs are. If you look at Careerbuilder, there are thousands of HR jobs, but when you apply, there is no bite. I sent out 20 to 30 resume per day.

This is my experience. One company told me I have to much education and experience. At this time they are outsourcing the HR functions to an HR consulting firm (They are charging over $100000.00 per year). Now, I have an MBA and I can do everything and anything this consulting firm can do and I was asking only $45000.00.

They said no deal. Here they are paying a consulting firm over 100 thou to do a job that I can do for 45.

You guess is just as good as mine. I don't know if people are just putting jobs out there just to look good but I haven't received too many responses.

I am getting my SPHR next year, I will see where the money is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

HRPRO in Atlanta, Georgia

49 months ago

I don't know where the jobs are either. I have a Masters in Human Resources, SPHR certification and six years of human resources experience and still no luck. I have gotten a few call backs and interviews but no actual job offers.

I have seen a trend with organizations outsourcing HR. I think that this is really going to be the trend of the future. Considering that most organizations place no value in HR many would prefer to not have HR on site. Also, the credibility of an outside professional is often given more credence than internal HR.

Good luck!

HR Resources: www.docsourcenow.com/
Facebook: bit.ly/9XiRNl
Twitter: bit.ly/d6M69t

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.