what degree should i obtain if i want to work in hr?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

nuyorican in Bronx, New York

45 months ago

i live in nyc and no of the cuny schools offer a degree in hr. im in my first yr of college. my school offers a ba in business administrative but im thinking about getting my degress in mass communication.i've been doing some research and i've been reading i can work as an hr with a communication degree and i was wondering if that was true. what type of degree are employers looking for if i want to work in the hr field? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jess718 in Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

Hi NYrican,

I have a BA degree in Communication Studies and after I graduated, I ended up getting an externiship in an HR dept. After that ended, I landed an HR Assistant position. Communication degree are useful to emploers becuase it does include skills that are needed to interact with others on a daily basis.

I am originally from the BX so I was looking for schools in the area to get an HR degree in..go to SHRM.com they ahavea list of school that align with their program...NY, Cornell NY Poly are a few of them...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ben@upstarthr.com in Columbus, Georgia

6 months ago

Hey, nuyorican!

I recently put this essay together to help professionals like yourself who are trying to figure out how to get into this wild and crazy world of HR. I think you'll find it very helpful!

upstarthr.com/how-to-get-into-human-resources/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.