Looking for an HR job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Donner in Chelmsford, Massachusetts

61 months ago

Hi,
I've been unemployed for almost 8 weeks now and looking for an HR opportunity in the Tewksbury area. I have about 20 years experience in everything from administrative to management. I'm sort of an HR guru after working in the industry for so long and also in so many different fields from pharmaceutical to logistics to energy & utilities, and more. Would appreciate a heads up if you know if any jobs out there. I'm going a little stir crazy not working if you know what I mean.

And good luck to the rest of you job searches as well. Thanks.

Donner
dpolier@comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Donner in Chelmsford, Massachusetts

61 months ago

Oh by the way, Tewksbury is in Massachusetts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

61 months ago

Hello, You will have the most success finding the job you want by using our search engine. Just type in job title, company, or keyword into the search field at the top of this page and click "Find Jobs". Best of luck with your search!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

steffany in Pago Pago, American Samoa

60 months ago

hi im looking for a job at hawaii airline in american samoa.any job available.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ChristyBa in Albany, Georgia

49 months ago

I recently graduated with a Bachelors Degree in HR Management. I have over 20 years experience in the administrative field from grocery to trucking to health care. However, I have very little HR experience other than what assisting I did with reviewing applicants from time to time and maintaining personnel records. I also did payroll for a couple of companies. Does anyone have any advice on how to break into the HR field without having to start at the bottom again? (I don't mean that I want to be a senior HR director. I am thinking about recruiting or benefits, etc. More than administrative assistant.)

I have worked so hard to get up that ladder for years, and thought the education would help me. I couldn't make much money with the companies I have worked for and got as far as I could without someone having to retire or die before another position would open up. However, the economy and my lack of direct HR experience is not helping me get callbacks. I have revamped my resume many times and meeting those "keywords" that are asked for in the online databases. I have checked back to companies that have a contact and they are receiving my resume. I have great work experience and no negative references. I am also looking for office management jobs in order to gain more experience. Do I have too much experience for one and not enough for another? Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jane in San Francisco, California

47 months ago

There's a site called HRJobMench which profiles HR jobs. I wrote to the blogger telling him what I was looking for and he helped me research listing for jobs that would be a good fit. Might give that a shot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.