Beware of using Recruitment Agencies

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

colltom@telus.net in Calgary, Alberta

66 months ago

I would like to openly discuss the negative impact recruitment agencies have on the employment market.

As a twenty five year veteran of working and managing agencies, I can say with experience that these companies DO NOT have the candidates best interest in mind, but are driven solely by profit.

I would specifically enjoy discussing how many of these agencies are marketing themselves as experts, when in fact they have very little expertise in the field of recruitment.

I would like to know how people are feeling about this and open a forum on the perils or working and using agencies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

labandidyk in York, Pennsylvania

66 months ago

colltom@telus.net in Calgary, Alberta said: I would like to openly discuss the negative impact recruitment agencies have on the employment market.

As a twenty five year veteran of working and managing agencies, I can say with experience that these companies DO NOT have the candidates best interest in mind, but are driven solely by profit.

I would specifically enjoy discussing how many of these agencies are marketing themselves as experts, when in fact they have very little expertise in the field of recruitment.

I would like to know how people are feeling about this and open a forum on the perils or working and using agencies.

You're so wright I'm a production supervisor
with 15 year of experience and got laid off last year, many of these so called recruters have contacted me but don't even have the professionalism to call me and keep me posted at all, some of them asked me for my resume and after I emailed it to them don't hear from them ever, its totally outrageous. Its just a very frustrating situation, it even make me doubt about my skills and make me think what is wrong with my resume? but I guess its just a hunting game for them.
Thank you for your observation

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

personnelorder in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

hmm... it took 25 years for your epiphany?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Victoria in Austin, Texas

58 months ago

It's really unfair to judge any group by the actions of a some. That's like saying 'my dog is black therefore all dogs are black'. I have always had the priorties of the candidate and their quality of life at the heart of my recruiting. I hope you will rethink your blanket statement and know that people are people whatever they do. There are greedy ones, generous ones, good ones, bad ones. It's human nature at the root of it not their career choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Connecticut laid off

58 months ago

I have had good and bad experiences with the agencies. The one's I konw well from my former role have come through with interviews, or small contracts. But, there are other's that are just out to make money on the commission or hourly fee they will get.

It's a double edged sword. Sometimes they have connections that could be useful.

Other times, I get sent on interviews only to find out an internal company candidate has been identitifed.

But, right now, companies don't want to pay commisions on perm roles. But, they do want contractors becuause they don't want to hire, and pay benefits at this point. So, my opinion is mixed on them.

Also, some have been known to post fake jobs just to collect candidates.

Then you waste time on going to the agent screening interviews for nothing.

Just a objective view.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

I worked for a Fortune 500 Staffing company. What a joke that was. You are correct! They are not interested in the client nor the applicant, only profit! It is a disgrace how they run their companies......

colltom@telus.net in Calgary, Alberta said: I would like to openly discuss the negative impact recruitment agencies have on the employment market.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.